C++ Plugin FlexSpline

Hello Unreal. I needed a powerful spline system for my project, so I made one, but things got out of hand quickly feature-wise. So I’ve decided to try my luck
with the Marketplace and offer it for sale, should anybody be in need of such a system. Here’s a link to the current beta version, compiled for 4.13, so you can try it
out and give some much appreciated feedback if you want (or just play around with this shiny new toy).

Main Features

• Add any number of meshes to the spline
  • Added meshes can be rendered as spline-meshes(deform) or static meshes(retain shape)
  • To edit spline points, directly click on them (no need for index counting)
  • Spline- and static mesh properties editable per point and per mesh
  • Tools for randomization and generic placement
  • Add and delete spline points anywhere without breaking anything
  • Collision finetuning
  • Robust and fast system
  • and much, much more…

Quick Manual

• Copy the “Plugins” folder into your project root
  • Create a new Blueprint, make it inherit from “FlexSplineActor”
  • Drag the new BP into your level. You’ll find all configs inside the “FlexSpline” Category
  • You add new meshes by adding elements to the “Meshes Initial Data” array, then assigning a new mesh to it
  • Properties are commented

I made this structure with the system in 2 minutes. It’s not pretty, but I think it shows the idea
behind it:

:smiley: Awesome, keep up the good work! I haven’t tried it but it sounds like it will be useful for me later.

Will do, thanks. Let me know how you like it if you try it.

Hi again. I have decided to make this project open source and give to you all for free. The first release is compatible with 4.16. Here is your link, have fun: