Nvidia VR Funhouse Mod Kit Released & August UE4jam Winners! Sep 1 - Live from Epic HQ

WHAT
Nvidia’s VR Funhouse now supports mods, and you can download the toolkit today through the launcher or on GitHub! Executive Producer for VR Funhouse Dane Johnston will be dialing into the livestream to talk about the project and what all you can do today. Tune in to ask your questions and download the VR Funhouse Mod Kit today!

Also in this exciting stream, Jess and reveal the August UE4jam winners! We’ll be playing the winning games live on the stream and talk about their design. Stay tuned until the end for the Intel raffle winners.

WHEN
Thursday, September 1st @ 2:00PM ET - Countdown]

WHERE

WHO

• Community Manager - ]()
    Dane Johnston - Nvidia - Executive Producer for VR Funhouse
  • Community Manager - @JessHider]()

Got questions? Feel free to ask here or during the stream!

*Update: will be in the live chat!

• Community Manager - ]()

Archive:

Can’t wait to see the winners!

Hi, I download the Funhouse source from github. Unzipped and ran setup.exe as usual (which asked me if certain Physx files will be overwritten and I said Yes). I have VS 2015 installed and all works fine in 4.13. Now tried running generateprojectfiles.bat. but got these errors:

D:\UE4\UE4FunHouse\UnrealEngine-VRFunhouse-4.11>GenerateProjectFiles.bat -2015
Setting up Unreal Engine 4 project files…
Binding IntelliSense data… 100%
Writing project files… 0%
UnrealBuildTool Exception: ERROR: Visual Studio 2012, 2013 or 2015 must be installed in order to build this target.

GenerateProjectFiles ERROR: UnrealBuildTool was unable to generate project files.

Press any key to continue . . .

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Sanjit

Hi, dsanjit,

Do not run setup.exe in the unreal engine Nvidia Gameworks repo structure. All files modified to work with NvidiaGameWorks integration are overwritten. Make this steps, backup last unreal engine 4.11 official Github repo, run the setup.exe and get all files, copy the folder to your directory structure, merge the clean Nvidia VR-Funhouse Github source with your ue4 folder structure, do not run ever more setup.exe, generate project files with visual studio 2013. I can´t say if it work’s with visual studio 2015. I’m trying to merge some Nvidia VR-FunHouse code with 4.12.5 Epic Unreal Engine Github source. If it works I will post here.

@VItorEAFeliciano Thanks for the inputs. However I am a bit confused, what do you mean by “get all files” after running setup.exe, wont trying to merge it with the Funhouse source overwrite things ?

@dsanjit I mean to certify that you get all files wen you run the setup.exe, some times the download stops and the files can be broken, rerun setup again to be shure. The VRFunhouse-4.11 files cannot be overwriten, You have to manual merge VRFunhouse-4.11 to the previous setup-ed unreal engine folder. You can use code compare/winmerge or just overwrite previous setup-ed unreal engine folder with VRFunhouse-4.11. I tested merging VRFunhouse-4.11 to UE4.12.5 github version and compile the modification, the last difficulty, it’s the visual studio 2015 turbulence, Physics and Apex libraries are only compiled to Visual Studio 2013. They are boot needed for NVFlow UE4 source modification. So only Visual Studio 2013 version going to work with VRFunhouse-4.11.

Hello,

I was wondering what the fine print was on these mods. Are we able to use the code and assests in our own games? Could I take the sword and balloons or the squirt gun and copy/paste it into my project?

Thank you,

Is Github the only way to get the project?

Edit: I found it on the Modding tab.

hi,I download VR funhouse sourcecode from github,and when I follow the note to run it.,the first step is run ‘Setup.bat’, but I have a PathTooLongException error, and now I cannot download it ,how can I do? Thank you

@wsrttys - Try cloning the VR Funhouse github source into a folder with a very short name. Maybe something like c:\VRFH.

Hello,
Any news about merging VRFunhouse-4.11 to UE4.12.5 ?
Thanks