When are the UDK forums going to be back?

I deleted cache,cookies,ctrl+f5 and im positive they are still down.The thing is i spend at least 2 hours a day there to find answers to the problems i face when developing, and im not the only one.
Please fix it.

Bump, as its important.

Here another interested in the old UDK forums, are a valuable resource.

It’s probably down still due to the hack, since they aren’t as important it will take them longer to get those back up.

Hey all, the epicgames.com forums have moved to maintenance mode while we continue our investigation about the recent compromise. We know they contain a wealth of information for the remaining UDK developers in the community and hope to bring a read-only version of them back online shortly. Keep an eye out on official channels for more info here, as we currently don’t have an ETA.

Hey :

The epicgames.com forums hosted a few other Epic communities such as Infinity Blade which is why they remained online.

We’re working to get them in this state for everyone and are hoping to improve how we can meet the need for access to this information in the future

In the meantime, feel free to use the new UDK forums here while we work to get them back up.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Thank you for the info Chance.If possible, whip harder :rolleyes: in order for us to get the forums up as soon as possible.The real problem is that if someone has a problem(and i do all most every day) by leaving a message here,the chances of someone giving the best reply are slim as the rest of devs are few and most of the time, hard at work on their udk game.On the other hand, a simple search in the udk forums will bring me no less than 20 topics covered and resolved years ago by the community.
So the level of importance i feel is really on the high priority.
We are not kids that are holding on to old times,we are experienced people who are doing their best, to finish good products in our own and individual way.In the end of the day we need to have this freedom to work in order to finish.More importantly we all have the same license model as the ue4 users which mean,if we make it,than you will too(monthly royalties).
Please do your best guys,and fast.

Thanks O_and_N, we understand the need and are working to bring the info back up as soon as we can. I hope to have more information soon.

I’d also like to echo what others are saying. The UDK forums are of huge value to me while I continue to work on my project.

Hopefully they’ll be back online soon.

there are some good tutorials and explanations for udk that also work in ue4.

Nothing yet? :frowning:

Ditto! We are few, but persistent (sometimes silent) developers. We really need the UDK forums back to check some important things.

For sure we need UDK forums for reference on many things.

@Epic Any news on the UDK forums coming back online? It’s really tough trying to work on a project while all that information on the forums is unavailable.

Are we there yet?

I agree with our comrade Coldscooter here. It’s tough to work without checking one or two things in UDK forums, mainly when we want to see other solutions for some problems (or IF there is a solution for some problems, because UDK was left with some bugs or limitations we discover later).

For reading only purposes, you can manually browse the forums over the wayback machine archives.

Take notice the trailing ?s= parameter in the links does not work. You will have to manually edit the thread urls to get access to the content. Obviously, the program functionality of the forum is crippled, eg no login or search, etc it’s only a static copy.

[MENTION=14973]Chance Ivey[/MENTION], is there any update on the UDK forums coming back online yet?

It’s starting to get really annoying searching google and reading from cache.Hope you are close to finishisng this maintenance.

Hey all, sorry for the late reply here!

The team is working to get these back up, though I don’t currently have an ETA. We know it’s a bit of a challenge right now living without this valuable reference material and hopefully will have an update for you soon. Thanks for your patience with us while we work towards the permanent solution for this info.

Thanks again.

Thank you for leting us know you guys are working on it.By permanent solution i suspect you are doing something ¨¨different¨¨ .I just hope all content(links,package downloads by users,script,screenshots, etc) doesnt end up missing.

By the way,last years problem ended up being solved in a week.

Yes, we’re looking at ways at surfacing this data in a more secure way permanently. This is why it’s taking quite a bit longer than last year :slight_smile:

Thanks again for hanging in there with us!