User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk Streets Environment

Cyberpunk Streets Environment

Hi guys,

I would like to share with the community something I've been working on for fun in my spare time. I've always liked the atmosphere of cyberpunk environments, so I've decided to put together some of my own. This still need a lot of polishing and tweaking, but I think it shows off the mood I'm going for well enough.

Everything here was created by me except for the human characters (some of which are from Epic's released content, some were put together in Mixamo Fuse).

Lighting is 100% real time, a combination of DFAO and HBAO+.

Performance is not the best at the moment, as I was recording at full HD at max settings, and my machine cannot handle that so well Also, there's absolutely no optimization done for this level (+recording software also takes its toll). Sorry about that, I may do some optimizing in the future

Some screens:

Name:  cyberpunk_streets_wip_a.jpg
Views: 8712
Size:  820.2 KB

Name:  cyberpunk_streets_wip_B.jpg
Views: 8655
Size:  791.9 KB

Name:  cyberpunk_streets_wip_C.jpg
Views: 8165
Size:  783.0 KB

And walkthrough:

Hope you like it

Oh, and thanks Unreal community for the support! I've got a lot of my questions answered while I've been working on this.

P.S. I apologize for all the asian signs spelling, those are totally random and I have no idea what the read, if anything at all

Supporter
    Absolutely beautiful work

This is nice.

Please keep working on it.

unbelievable. someone needs to hire you as a level designer!
    I kind of hope this is gameplay footage for sleeping dogs 2

Visionary
    Very nice. =)

Very cool work! I really like how life like everything is, feels like a real city rather then just static screenshots ( esp. from the video).

Infiltrator
    This is soo awesome!

Thanks for reply guys, really glad you like it

This is simply stunning. Fantastic work there very atmospheric.

Looks great. What sort of time scale was it produced over?
    Latest Company Showreel
    https://vimeo.com/outpostvfx/spring17

I am loving this

Really impressive. Looks like something I've wanted to play for a long time.

Any plans to release this so we can take a closer look?

Looks Triple-AAA... But is it all just Triple-A eye-candy and actually quite static...?

Stopping at vending stalls is not much of an indicator of compelling interactive gameplay.
    Can you interact with the world in the way you want, the way things appear in the video?
    What vehicles can you drive, what buildings can you enter, can you fly over the city etc?
    (Don't buy Triple-A games any more, the lack of true freedom to roam is a big part of it).

Very well made. I think it's one of the best I've seen in the forums.

The cops reminded me of Judge Dredd, some new-retro music would fit perfect in that theme!

Is it Cyberpunk, or is it just a modern city?
    When I first read Neuromancer, we could tell the difference, but these days, I don't know :-)
    That level looks fantastic. Great job!

+recording software also takes its toll
    Are you using NVIDIA ShadowPlay for recording? It takes basically nothing on the frame rate. Best invention ever!
    (The reason they can do this recording without affecting framerates is technical, and includes them having hardware encoding on the GPU as well as direct access to the framebuffer currently being displayed.)
    Last edited by jwatte; 08-19-2016 at 02:15 PM.

That looks absolutely fantastic. Amazing work!

fantastic fantastic fantastic ....

can you share demo ?

its better than gta v

Thanks everyone for your feedback!

Kelheor, Crow87 It took around 5-6 months working in the evenings or whenever I had some spare time. Sounds like a lot, but there's quite a bit of content to produce, everything from trashcans to police drones

jwatte I was aiming more for a "plausible cyberpunk". Something that we may potentially witness in the next 30-40 years, and not in say three centuries.

franktech That would be the world I would love to see as well. Maximum interaction with the world, freedom to do anything. But you gotta remember, I'm just one guy, and this was purely art level mocked up to look like a game

Farshid Perhaps, some day I would release a demo. Would need to do some more work on it before that

Promoter
    Man, that is awesome! great job, I had something similar in mind for what i'm working on, but your level of detail and the quality is amazing, you must have spent a lot of time on this, well done .

Out freaking standing! You've done a heck of job on that scene.
    Random musings, brewing and drinking beer, all things metal and Unreal Game Dev: https://twitter.com/RobertKNoon

Really great job!
    With sequencer you can record your gameplay of walking around or let a camera flythrough and then render the scene at 60fps even if your machine cannot handle it.
    Looking forward to the finished piece!

Quote Originally Posted by Adder. View Post
    Thanks everyone for your feedback!

Kelheor, Crow87 It took around 5-6 months working in the evenings or whenever I had some spare time. Sounds like a lot, but there's quite a bit of content to produce, everything from trashcans to police drones
    Ah, thats what I hoped.. if it was only a few weeks' worth of work, I'd cry.

Any chance of a lighting breakdown? I'm interested to see how you've got things set up. Lighting looks very good for dynamic.
    Latest Company Showreel
    https://vimeo.com/outpostvfx/spring17

FloreVanackere That sounds really good, never heard of that feature. Thanks for the tip

Crow87 Lighting is fairly simple, really. I use Distance Fields AO for large scale occlusion, and HBAO+ from Nvidia Tech thread for smaller contact shadows. The rest is just manually placed lights. Sometimes I use point light's min.roughness at 1, which helps simulate ambient light, and use those as fake fill and bounce lights. It's not perfect but sort of works For light fixtures, I actually have a master blueprint, which contains a fixture mesh, direct light and "bounce" light. That blueprint has variables like glow, glow color, light intensity exposed, so I can reuse them throughout the level. Saves a lot of time this way, compared to placing all those manaully.

Just a thought - But are you considering selling these assets on the Marketplace? I've been looking for a set like this to save me some time haha.
    Current Project - *shush shush* Soon. Soon.

I make game about cyberpunk too and your game inspired me to work harder))
    Great work. Would you post it to steam?
    Last edited by dmitry.kozyr; 10-16-2016 at 12:59 PM.

Amazing.
    Out freaking standing! You've done a heck of job on that scene.
    HackOurLives a most trusted website on the internet. In HackOurLives you will find the best blogging tips and tricks and other tricks related to mobile, technology, android, ios and so on. Keep visit this blog and be updated with all new technologies.

Infiltrator
    Adder. Any chance you could DM me? I'll pay for this.

I would really love to see more come from this, it's just great.

@Adder you said that you created everything in this level by yourself, and I count dozen of vehicles and animations, and hundres and hundreds of props. For a single person this could easily be in the thousands hours of work, can I ask for how long have you worked on it "in your spare time"?
    Anyway the level is quite good. Congrats.

Champion
    Really interesting envi, what a mood !! Thanks for sharing and gratz !

great work! looks amazing!

I love people who not only make pretty environments but go out to sound scape them and add real motion and life to it. You may sleep easy now knowing you've earned the respect of a random stranger the chances of ever seeing again are close to zero!

That was Amazing! Though those Chinese words doesn't make any scene, just put all those random words together...you might need to translate them in a right way(use google at least).
    Anyway, it reminds me of Cyberpunk 2077

Simply outstanding work!

Infiltrator
    Awesome work mate, have you thought about releasing a demo or even better release some assets to marketplace? I would definitely buy it.

Amazing amazing work really loved it. but i gotta ask, you have created everything in the scene ? I mean modeling, rigging and animation etc. there are thousands of hours of work. Haven't you use some free content at all ?

@Adder. you should really put this on the marketplace!
    --------------------------------------------------------
    [New On Marketplace] Custom Character Creator
    [Marketplace] RPG Starter Kit - Multiplayer Melee Combat System - Animated Crossbow

Quote Originally Posted by order66 View Post
    @Adder. you should really put this on the marketplace!
    I would buy it directly!!
    Fantastic work I love it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast