Riders of Asgard

Vote for us on Steam Greenlight:
Greenlight_button_small.png](Steam Community :: Error)

@<a href=“https://forums.unrealengine.com/member.php?u=114901” target=“_blank”>karl182</a> and I have been getting ready to release Riders of Asgard to Steam Greenlight. We however wanted to give everyone here an opportunity to take the game for a run and give us any feedback that you can. This is the same version of the game that I will be taking to the Durban meetup later on this month.

Riders of Asgard is a fun and challenging Viking BMX game. Unlock new maps and gain access to previously unreachable places by completing Challenges and earning Stat points to upgrade your rider. Riders of Asgard will feature a full single player campaign as well as local mutli-player modes to take on you friends.

Riders of Asgard is much more than your average run-of-the-mill, Viking BMX game. It’s a historically correct Viking BMX game, with historically accurate Viking bikes and locations.

So go ahead! Be the Biking Viking!

IndieDB Page - http://www.indiedb.com/games/riders-of-asgard
Game Jolt Page - http://gamejolt.com/games/riders-of-asgard/179184
Itch.IO Page - https://gobbogames.itch.io/riders-of-asgard

The game is going to be released on PC and we will provide packages for Windows (32 and 64), Linux, and Mac. We are currently just finalising the items needed for Steam Greenlight and we will then put the game there and see what happens.

Here are some screenshots.

We are getting some good feedback and we here is a video of IMXNotASpider playing it on his YouTube channel:

If anyone has ideas, comments, or suggestions please email us at support@gobbogames.co.za and put Riders of Asgard in the subject.

Here is the official trailer for Riders of Asgard:

Vote for us on Steam Greenlight:

Greenlight_button_small.png](Steam Greenlight::Riders of Asgard)

YOU ARE BACK!

I remember your first thread you made, I played the demo and LOVED it! :slight_smile:

Will definitely vote!!

Thanks man. Yeah, we have spent the last few months adding the polish and ensuring we had all the systems in place to make Steam Greenlight easier. The feedback we are receiving is very positive and we are super excited about being almost 25% of the way there.

Thanks again for the vote and you should definitely try the new demo, a lot has been added since then: http://www.ridersofasgard.com/

We have now released our official tutorial

We have also had some more people playing our game and recording their results.

We have been hard at work preparing the Multiplayer system and getting the Leaderboards integration ready. We now have some screenshots to show you of the work done so far.

Before we begin, remember that we are still on Steam Greenlight and can use all the votes you can give us. We are confident that we will get green lit, but we just want to make sure.

](Steam Greenlight::Riders of Asgard)

Before we start with discussing the Leaderboards and how the scoring system works, lets talk about Multiplayer.

Multiplayer: Multiplayer can be handled in two ways, Local Multiplayer where the screen is split. This is limited to two players per machine and will allow you to use any combinations of keys and controllers, although we advise you use game controllers and a nice big screen.

Online Multiplayer can be played locally through through your LAN or via the Internet. This functionality will all be handled via Steam Sessions and we are quite excited about this feature.

Leaderboards and Scoring: The leaderboards and scoring systems is tightly integrated with the levels and the challenges on the levels, so we will first talk about the challenges.

Each level in the game will have 4 challenges allocated to it in categories ranging from Easy, Medium, and Hard difficulties. You have to complete the four challenges on whatever level you choose in order to unlock the next level. In multiplayer mode there are no challenges and all levels are unlocked.

The leaderboard has a challenges section and you will be added to this based on the time it takes you to complete the challenges. You can take as many attempts as you want but once you complete the fourth challenge, all the time of the runs are added together to get your total time to complete all challenges. So if you manage to complete the 4th challenge 1 minute in to your 3rd run … your time for all 4 challenges will be 5 minutes. This time and your challenge level will be recorded on the leaderboard.

So the trick is to complete the challenges as quickly as possible to get ranked higher on the leaderboard. You can also go back and complete the challenges in the other difficulty levels if you want to.

The leaderboard also has sections for highest score and best score for an individual run. These have their own sections on the leaderboard and gives you another way of ranking up on the system and challenging your friends to beat you.

Finally the multiplayer mode uses the same highest score and best score system except now you have to deal with other riders on the track at the same time, and this is what makes it more challenging. The leaderboard will indicate whether the scores were achieved in multiplayer or single player.

Remember that the Free Ride mode does not allow you to get a highest score or complete the challenges but you are able to get points for best score in a single run.

We hope you like these features that we are working and as usual we value any input or comments you may have, please email us at support@gobbogames.co.za

Remember you can Play the latest release for FREE at www.ridersofasgard.com](http://www.ridersofasgard.com)

Finally we leave you with more screenshots from the new features.

We were sitting at 92% yesterday, I clicked refresh and we then jumped to #95 out of 1700+ games. I started doing some other work and about 15 minutes later I hit the refresh button again (just before I was about to close the browser) and I had a huge green banner on the front of the page … followed a few minutes later by an email.

Yahoooooooooooooo … we have been greenlit … 21 days in and with 793 Yes votes (55%), 604 No votes (42%), and 55 Ask Me Later votes (4%) … total votes was 1 452 and unique vistors was 1 876.

We have 52 followers, but our biggest page hits were on Game Jolt (13.4k views, 4.8k plays, 41 ratings, and 188 followers).

Makes me think that we should also look at providing a version for Game Jolt as we seem to have a nice following there as well.

Itch did not perform as well and I am in two minds about using them again.

IndieDB also performed well and remained consistent throughout the process but still didn’t come close to the Game Jolt stats.

So now it is time to do all the paperwork, integrate the Steam Works API and get the next build ready … exciting times. 8-}

Congratulations on getting greenlit!

Thanks very much.

Been a while since I posted an update, so here it is.

So we are working hard on getting the final version ready for Steam which we want to release in the first quarter of 2017. While we are busy doing the final release, we are also trying to release new interim releases every two weeks.

v0.0.4 has just been released and here is some game play footage.

This release included the first phase of our leader board system as well as a new female playable rider and some new tricks to go with her. We will continue to make releases every two to three weeks. The game is getting some good plays and I suggest you visit the playlist on YouTube to watch some of these videos: Riders of Asgard - Alpha v0.0.4 Gameplay - YouTube

Looks great! Can’t wait to play the finalized release!

Karl and I have been quite busy with Riders of Asgard and we are now getting ready to release v0.0.5 of Riders of Asgard and this release includes not only a new map but also our new game modes.

Free Ride:
Take your time and practice your skills - there is no time limit but you can’t complete challenges or beat high scores.

Timed Run:
You only have 2 minutes to get the highest score you possibly can, and get your name on the leaderboards.

Challenge:
Take on challenges - this time try to complete them all as quickly as possible to get your name on the leaderboards.

Survival:
Survive by performing tricks to keep your special bar filled up and if you crash or it runs out your attempt is over.

af9f1e362b177decbe6fc956255fba02a7d48d70.jpeg

The new version builds on the new female character from v0.0.4 and more tricks by adding the new Hammer Throw special and the ability to upgrade your hammer. The hammer is used to destroy parts of the level that are destructible and thus enables you to reach parts of the level you couldn’t before.

58ec7e5ee838d650483136c6e8557f54e53ed343.jpeg

Finally, this release will also include not only the leaderboards for the new game modes but also the ability to share your high scores on the Riders of Asgard Twitter page (@ridersofasgard).

This version will be one of the last versions we release before we start the work of Steam Integration in preparation for the final release in the first quarter next year. Along the way, we may release some more updates that include new maps and items during this period, but as the game stands now it is feature complete and now needs to content to make it a complete game.

Thanks for your time and I hope you enjoyed the update.

We have a few more videos to show for v0.0.5 that was just released, we hope you enjoy it and maybe take the time to try the game out yourself. 8-}