UCX and UE 4.13

Has the UCX system change at all when importing on 4.13? I am importing an object from Max called “Bottle” and I have a UCX included called “UCX_Bottle”, but UE 4.13 is not recognizing the collision. Am I missing something?

Hi Teriander,

I just did a quick test and I’m not seeing the issue with making UCX collision boxes for my test asset in 4.12.5 or 4.13 previews. There’s a couple of things to keep in mind though.

• You need to have Auto Generate Collision checked otherwise it will not import the custom collision.
  • If you’re using multiple collision shapes, make sure you’re using UCX_[Mesh Name]_## naming for your collision boxes. Number naming isn’t needed if it’s a single collision shape.
  • If you’re using multiple collision shapes that are non-convex in shape, make sure you uncheck the option for One Convex Hull Per UCX.

I’ve got a basic walkthrough here on the forums that may help you sort your issue as well if you need: [TUTORIALS] Photons Be Free: Mini-tutorials and other curiosities - Community & Industry Discussion - Epic Developer Community Forums

Let me know if you’re still having issues.

Tim

I did have “Auto Generate Collision” disabled because I thought this would replace my custom UCX with one automatically created by UE4. I’m sure this is the reason for my lost collisions. Thanks!!

I suppose that can be confusing if you’re not used to it. The collision will be auto generated if you don’t have a custom collision with the tags UCX/UCS/UCB already in the FBX.

Glad everything is working for you now though. :slight_smile: