FBX Import Options update

Hello Epic!

I want to update my “Import” tutorials, but I see some new options, documantion do not have any definition of…

http://s1.uploadpics.ru/images/W1pf06wLvb.png

Please, could you add definitions to the docs and answer, what do those options do?

Thank you!

Hey AlFlakky,

Build Adjacency Buffers

Tooltip/Source comment: Required for PNT Tessellation but can be slow. Recommend disabling for larger meshes.

This is really helpful when importing large meshe. Building the adjacency buffer so that a mesh can be used with tessellation takes a long time for these and if you disable this option it can help speed up this process.

Build Reversed Index Buffer

Tooltip/Source Comment: Reduce the number of GPU state changes enabled. This is required to optimize a mesh in mirrored transform. Double index buffer size.

Transform Vertex to Absolute

Tooltip/Source Comment: If this option is true, the node absolute transform (transform, offset, pivot) will be applied to the mesh vertices.

The mesh will be set to the world origin, retain its tranform and any offset of the orginal DCC. Disabling this means that the Pivot, Transform, and offset will use what the mesh had in your modeling program.

Bake Pivot in Vertex

Tooltip/Source comment: Experimental If this option is true the inverse node rotation pivot will be applied to the mesh vertices. The pivot from the DCC will then be the origin of the mesh. Note:“TransformVertextToAbsolute” must be false.

This options, if there is any confusion, means that if you have a mesh that has a rotated Pivot and this is enabled, the mesh will rotate to align with the pivot.

Some of this is included with the Release Notes for the major versions. Some of this is taken directly from comments in the source files or the tool tips.

We currently have UEDOC-948 for this task. I’ve assigned myself this so I can get this updated in the near future.