Hair Shader example 4.12

Hey guys,

I’ve been playing around with the new hair shader and have also looked at the hair shader in the content examples map. But that example seems like a really simplified version and looks nothing like the hair they showed on the livestream. Is it possible to get a clear screenshot of the node network or the actual hair shader from the livestream?

I have also been waiting for a decent example of the new hair shading model and it sounds like our prayers may be answered with the “next version of unreal”:

Stated at around the 2:37:00 mark of the video… in case the link doesn’t work like it should.

Oh neat! I didn’t quite reach that part of the talk yet haha. Ok that’s great! now I sit and wait :stuck_out_tongue:

I wonder if they fix the backlit parameter until then.
You can see it in this post: Proper Setup For the New Hair Lighting Model - Rendering - Epic Developer Community Forums
Can’t wait for a working version of that nice shader :slight_smile:

Does anyone know if that TwinBlast example head is already released in the content examples?

No it’s not. I asked for it in the main 4.13 thread and got the following answer:
“We’re not releasing the same asset, but are working on a new one. It’s on the way, but not immediately.”

It is a lot closer when you turn on shadows for the light. The backlighting in the shader relies on self shadowing.