Dwarf Fantasy Environment Set

The pack is officially released as of right now! Please head over the official page on the marketplace for an in-depth look: Dwarf Fantasy Environment Set 1.1 in Environments - UE Marketplace

Dwarf Fantasy Environment Set contains everything you need to set your own fantasy dwarfish environment. This package includes architectural meshes, props, both unique/tillable materials and a complete example map in addition to the showroom.

Dwarf Fantasy Environment Set is a complete, physically-based set optimized for next-gen consoles and PC. Within this package, you will find several architectural modular meshes, over sixty unique props, fifty-one unique materials of which 11 are tillable, more than a hundred-fifty unique physically-based texture, one showroom with baked lighting and one full example level of the set in action with real-time lighting.

Pricing: 49.99$ US

Detailed content:

• 39 Architectural Modules with two distinct styles:
    • 7 floor meshes
    • 2 pre-made interiors
    • 3 houses
    • 3 walls
    • One unique four-way bridge platform and one unique ground with it
    • And more unique modules for various uses!

60 props:
• 9 awnings with three different models
• A great array of chests, crates, barrels and transport boxes
• One medieval crane
• 10 different market signs
• One unique statue
• Two basalt cliff models and one unique rock model
• A flag, a carpet, books, doors, paintings, ground clutter and more!

51 materials:
• 40 unique materials for unique architecture modules and props
• 12 tillable materials

• 3 wood materials (One with big planks, one with small planks and one made of various trims)
  • 5 cloth materials (Three dedicated to awnings and two for ground tarps)
  • One material for marble and gold trims
  • One floor made of carved stone
  • One material made of stone trims with ornamentations
  • One stone wall material

Technical Details:
• Physically-Based Rendering: Yes
• Texture Size: Highly variable between 512 and 4k
• Collision: Yes – Automatically Generated and Per-Poly
• Vertex Count: Highly variable
• LODs: None for small meshes, 1 for medium meshes, 2 for big meshes and three for humongous meshes
• Number of Meshes: 99
• Number of Materials and Material Instances: 51
• Number of Textures: 165
• Engine Compatibility: 4.12
• Intended Platform: Windows PC, Next-Gen Consoles
• Platforms Tested: Windows PC
• Documentation Included: Yes

Other information:

I’ve been working on this set for about two months, taking a small week hiatus in the middle to refill my mind with new references. Overall, I’ve spent over 350 hours working on this set - basically, over 50 hours per week. To give you the perspective, a junior industry artist would cost roughly 7 000$ to develop this. I’m highly dedicated to my work and only release things I believe to be of very high quality.

This is subsequently the first set I submit to the marketplace. This is a new adventure for me, but it’s not one I take lightly. Within the set, I have a 14 pages PDF guide that goes in depth with how the set was designed. How pieces work together, what to do if certain glitches appear, how to cheat the innate size of some meshes.

In any case, I am incredibly excited to present this to everyone. I’m open to any piece of criticism, positive or negative feedback and any ideas you might have for future projects. If you have any issues, please refer to the PDF inside the pack as to what useful information you can send me so I can help you. I’ve also started working on a Fantasy Weapon Pack - more on that soon!

Congratulations on the release man. Looks really good =)

You impressed me! You are very talented! But the music is not the best, (((I could make better… ))) It’s a very useful kit, congratulation!

Thank you for your support throughout the development. It was really appreciated :slight_smile:

Well first of, thank you! And yes, I agree. I need to find something better for the music - ultimately I tried to make my own thing, but there’re so many things that need to be redone, polished and obviously that I can do during development. I’m not a composer, so I’m seriously considering to outsource or buy a track for my next project. I really want to learn how to compose however, but I’m just not ready. Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

Looks impressive! :smiley:

Keep up the good work!

Great! Thank you!

I don’t plan to stop :slight_smile: Thanks!

Glad you like it!

Looks great. Would you mind posting a close-up screenshot of the props?

Of course :slight_smile: I’ve posted four pictures on imgur, right here: http://imgur.com/a/1JLyd

I understand it’s not the best way to showcase them, but it should be good enough to get an idea.

Cool. Thanks.

You know what would be cool to add… A modular rail track with a mining cart. (of course, if you want, or have the time to make it.) :slight_smile:

Keep up the good work.

Hey, that’s actually not a bad idea! I don’t have the time right now, but that could definitely be a great thing to do. Only the mining cart would need to be made from scratch, as the tillable wood trims and metal would already fit for the rails. Beside the modularity, it would be rather straightforward to do. Thanks for the idea!

In both versions the cloth material flickers.

Fix: Inside the materials Pro Awning 01, 02 and 03, set the top Panner for the World Postion Offset material node, set the Y and Y Speed value (default 1,1) to 0.1.

The new PNG images of the 1.1 version cannot be resized with the ImageResizer plugin.