UE4 Intensive Programmer / Generalist Course

What?

An intensive Unreal Engine 4 group course that focuses on development, rather than programming. To be more precise, students are taught what they need to transition between just typing code to being able to navigate and tinker around every part of the production pipeline. Stuff covered include:

1. Setting up GitHub and compiling the engine from source
  2. Working with both C++ and Blueprint, and how they relate to each other
  3. Working with Behavior Trees, Blackboards, the Percetion System and the Generic Team Agent Interface
  4. Understanding the Gameplay Framework, a.k.a. how to not work against the grain
  5. Animation Blueprints
  6. Materials (+ Custom Node Shaders)
  7. Creating plugins
  8. Modifying the engine source
    • More

In addition to live lessons, students will be provided with exercise material as well as access to all the source code shown during the lessons.

Who?

My name is Damir Halilovic and I’ve been working in game development for years; the past two years of which were intensely focused on UE4. I am the lead engineer at a Sarajevo-based game development company currently working on an open world action RPG for the PS4. As part of the team I’ve been privy to every step of the pre-production, production and post-production process of a AAA project. If there’s something you want to know about the engine, I’ll be able to teach you.

When?

Assuming there are enough candidates (3 minimum), the course will start on the 12th September 2016 and last for three months. There will be 3 sessions per week, with each session being 1h. This boils down to 36 sessions in the end. Lessons will be held at 6pm UTC Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. If all students in the lesson agree on a different time schedule that works better for them it can be accommodated on a case-by-case basis.

That being said, if a student prefers to have one-on-one sessions, those will be available as well. The frequency and schedule of those sessions are discussed on a case-by-case basis. Due to the nature of these sessions they aren’t strictly adherent to the original 36-session group plan and can be far more flexible and custom-tailored.

How Much?

Course entry is $1800 for the group course and $100 / session for the individual training. The group fee is paid per month (3 x $600) with the first part paid in advance as a registration fee. The other two payments are paid at the beginning of October and November respectively. The personal training is paid at the end of each hourly session.

F.A.Q.

1. Why is the course so pricey? Do you offer any form of certification at the end?
    I do not have the authority to issue any sort of certificate upon completion. The reason the price is as it is regardless of that is because I am teaching concrete, real-world material that can be picked up and applied in any studio in the world. Many of the gotcha’s that the course will cover are barely ever mentioned in internet tutorials.

2. How are the lessons conducted?
    Group sessions will be conducted using Google Hangouts. Individual sessions are usually done via Skype but can use Hangouts if the student prefers it.

3. What are the prerequisites to this course?
    While the course will cover pretty much every aspect of the engine as it goes along, in order to not lag behind some basic familiarity with the fundamental concepts is recommended. Ideally students will know their way around the engine and some fundamental Blueprints / asset importing / viewport navigation.

4. Will any VR be covered?
    I do not own a VR headset so no, not at this time.

5. Where can I get additional info?
    Feel free to PM me on the forum or add me on Skype (my handle is available on my forum profile). We can set up a Skype session for any and all of your questions.

6. How do I apply?
    Again, send me a PM on the forum or add me on Skype. As I said the group course requires at least 3 students (maximum of 5) so if you’re one of the first three I will put you on the queue and contact you when the other two slots fill up.

The applications for this are now closed. Thanks to everyone who applied!

Imal kakvog popusta za lokalce :smiley: