4.13 Projected Release Date

Hey there, I’m sure this has been asked but I’m having trouble finding any particular recent threads on the topic, but do we have a projected date for 4.13 going live? I’m building an asset for the marketplace, and am planning my submission date for August 7th, hopefully leading to a marketplace-live timeframe around the beginning of September. But if 4.13 is going to be coming out around that time, I’m almost considering waiting on my submission and updating my product for 4.13 and submitting it then.

Thanks for your time and all your hard work Epic devs, you’re all amazing!

Hi hippowombat.

Our current goal for the 4.13 release is around the end of August/beginning of September. The 4.13 Preview will begin a month before then.

Cheers

That’s fantastic news, thank you so much Stephen!

Cheers!

So the preview for 4.13 will start sometime this month?

Our current plan for the Preview is early August.

Within the first or second week of August? Will the Media framework features be available to test out or will we have to wait a couple previews to be able to test that?

Within the first two weeks is the same thing as saying early August… :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m pretty sure they are already checked in on the latest github build? Would need someone to confirm, but if it’s in the latest build then yes it will be in the early previews.

Sorry, but I don’t have that information right now.

Cheers

just take a look at the PR

4.13 Preview is out :slight_smile:

Indeed it is. Unreal Engine 4.13 Preview - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums

Thanks in advance for helping to test the Preview.

Does anyone know if media playback or video playback is working on the mac yet or not? gmpreussner said he was working on it last week?

Thanks for keeping on track! Has the window for release been narrowed down any further?

It’s once all major bugs in the Preview are fixed. If you need 4.13 you can just use the preview now, usually they are quite stable.