Free scifi stuff

I made a small collection of stuff you guys can dl (with a sketchfab account) and try out, the mats are PBR.

Heres some materials too just because

https://

Any feedback or requests is welcome <3<3

Hey, thanks for your contribution, but your links seem dead :slight_smile:

Page not found

You accidentally abbreviated the links, replacing the middle of each URL with “…”

Here are the correct ones:

And the materials one:

https://

While these LOOK like they’ve also been abbreviated, the actual URLs they direct to are complete and should link correctly.

oops mb @_@

Cool, I may be using these as a reference on one of my projects - I’m hungry for scifi stuff

Thank you for the free goodies

lol, thx for mentioning me xD @distance880

@_ haha sorry about that xD

Thanks for the free goodies + 1

Thank you!

That’s some good stuff, distance880. Thanks for the share. I see you’re in the wonderful northwest as well- hope you didn’t get blown away with that last bit of weather :stuck_out_tongue:

Great work! It looks very decent. I wish it fits in my project but my project has another theme haha.

You should try some animated scif-fi materials, good work tho ! :smiley:

Wow this is insane. Even the amount of models are insane! Good release! :slight_smile:

I’ve added some new content. I’m about to start a new run and I’m curious what people would like to see. More modular sci-fi stuff, or maybe some fantasy items? Requests are open!

Sure! Any specific kind of sub genre? Cyberpunk or Utopian, ect?

It would be great if not anybody has to download and import over and over again…if one could release a .uasset version of the models and materials in sub-folders e.g.
content/sci-fi-pack/meshes
content/sci-fi-pack/materials
also each model should be single asset, not combined ones, like the modular hallways.

THX a lot for all those HQ models :smiley:

I do understand your sentiments, I really do. I have often been annoyed when having to dl my own models and import them.

The modular hallways have specifically been an issue. They work in Sketchfab because Sketchfab doesn’t use light mass. I created those curved hall ways in Blender using arrays and deform modifiers. They look decent enough in Sketchfab, but using arrays means that the final mesh ends up being a single mesh object with overlapping UV’s. I don’t know how to produce a curved hallway in blender that is compatible with Unreal without manually selecting and separating each section into it’s own mesh body, and, even if I did do that, you would end up with a mass of mesh objects, all drawing from the same material. I would have to go through all those steps for each type of hallway.

But what if people want a different kind of hallway, with a different kind of curve?

I would have to repeat the process for each new variant of hall way. In the end, to make just one set of hallway’s compatible with importing into Unreal, I would end up with a monstrosity that contained hundreds of slightly different, but similar mesh objects all needing to be individually imported. I would also have to predict what types of hallways people would actually want.

I decided in the end that it makes more sense to use Sketchfab to demonstrate some of the different kinds of permutations are possible with individual modules I’ve made.

I think it makes more sense to provide the individual modules, and then allow Unreal users to recreate the arrays inside Unreal with splines (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YUxM0NDWRY), rather than trying to do that part of the job in Blender. This way people can create the exact hall way they need, specific to their project.