WIP: Space ship vehicle, interactable and online

Video:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fsyi5kLzij0

Demostration of my work in progress ship vehicle. (100% BluePrints)

Destacable:

• Works Online
  • Cristal reflections and deformations
  • Different camera shakes effects for hits and heavy movements
  • 2 tipes of weapon fire, dual laser and missile
  • Hability to move camera independently, to look around, by pressing a key
  • Health system
  • Effects and sounds for starting (not shown at all)
  • Hability to land the ship (not shown in video)
  • Damage effects depending on ship integrity
  • WIP: Lose of control if vehicle gets heavy damaged but not destructed instantly.
  • WIP: If takes damage and a fire starts (randomly), start making damage to the vehicle, and loosing control too.
  • WIP: Activation, deactivation of stability control (Let player to roll the ship without stability helper)

New Updates:

• Added sounds to starting, looping and stopping engines
  • Added explosion sound when you break the sound barrier
  • WIP: make option to make ship physics and sound simulation on a place with air/gas or on the space.
  • WIP: camera movement to simulate G forces applying on the pilot head

New Updates:

• When fire starts, vehicle starts loosing health and a red light starts bligthing
  • Engine materials changes to give a nice effect when you power on/off the ship
  • Lose of control if vehicle gets heavy damaged but not destructed instantly.
  • If takes damage and a fire starts (randomly), start making damage to the vehicle, and loosing control too.
  • Different sounds if you are on space or on a planet (with air friction, etc)
  • Better ship model added, 3d not made by me, but with rights to use
  • WIP: Animate ship to open close the cockpit when entering/exiting the vehicle
  • Exiting the vehicle now makes player to appear in the correct place (infront the ship)
  • 2 new cameras added, 3rd person behind view, 3rd person back view, you can change the view between them with keyboard keys.

http://i.imgur.com/zfV3jHH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ZqGC68V.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yf4OF5X.jpg

A little update, cockpit screenshots:

The glass material needs some improvements.
The little ship hologram points to your target, its your navigation reference, including your ship roll, yaw and pitch.

http://i.imgur.com/lueTlvb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RNisAks.jpg

Next update:

• Pusable buttons inside cockpit (dynamic interact)

Model is not made by me.

I would like to get some feedback from you, thanks!

This is awesome! :eek: And even more impressive that it’s 100% BP. I’ll be keeping an eye on this one.

Thanks, BP are really powerfull, even more than I expected, really Im not sure if there is somethink that you can´t do with BP.

Here a pic of main graphic of the ship.

I have to refactor it a bit and make a base class BP to extend other kind of ships.

Suggestions would be really apreciated!

I would love to see the enter vehicle part :€

thats pretty cool, the clouds and stuff really go well with the edgy ships, good job!

Looks great. Do you plan to progress the project further into a full game. If so would you keep the fps stuff just to provide an alternate way of playing or would you remove it.

Thanks guys.

Ill post the image later, when I get at home, but its composed of 2 parts, one is on the ship BP (you can see it on the image I uploaded before, and the other is on the character pawn.

I was planning to make a little FPS game, based on the shooter example (because I dont like to make the weapon stuff by my self) and test it with some people, anyway I would like to release the ship BP with the community when I finish it, It should work with any kind of game, not only for fps, and the ship its easy to modify, it goes trought components.

Amazing work so far Nesjett! Please be sure to keep us updated as you progress through the development of your game. I am very intrigued by what you have shown so far.

Here you have.

Thinks that Im still debuggin because Im having problems with possession for clients (makes the game to go to main menu) but for client or single player works fine:

Pawn:

(you can do this with less variables, im debuggin)

Vehicle:

PD: Note that the exit vehicle BP is not finished too, works, but not like you probably spect for now.

If someone knows a better way, please, tell me.

Thank you very much. I will try this ’ :slight_smile:

Really impressive work!

I’m finding blueprints to be quite powerful myself.

Thanks!

New Updates:

• Added sounds to starting, looping and stopping engines
  • Added explosion sound when you break the sound barrier
  • New Idea: make option to make ship physics and sound simulation on a place with air/gas or on the space.
  • WIP: camera movement to simulate G forces applying on the pilot head

yo this looks very good man. Impressive!

New updates:

• When fire starts, vehicle starts loosing health and a red light starts bligthing
  • Engine materials changes to give a nice effect when you power on/off the ship
  • Lose of control if vehicle gets heavy damaged but not destructed instantly.
  • If takes damage and a fire starts (randomly), start making damage to the vehicle, and loosing control too.
  • Different sounds if you are on space or on a planet (with air friction, etc)
  • Better ship model added, 3d not made by me, but with rights to use
  • WIP: Animate ship to open close the cockpit when entering/exiting the vehicle
  • Exiting the vehicle now makes player to appear in the correct place (infront the ship)
  • 2 new cameras added, 3rd person behind view, 3rd person back view, you can change the view between them with keyboard keys.

Ill upload a new video showing the features soon.

Thanks!

A little update, cockpit screenshots:

The glass material needs some improvements.
The little ship hologram points to your target, its your navigation reference, including your ship roll, yaw and pitch.

Next update:

• Pusable buttons inside cockpit (dynamic interact)

Hello.
Would you be so nice and share files from “WIP: Space ship vehicle, interactable and online” ?
I would like to teach some Blueprints from bests, thats why I asking.
Thanks for understanding,
Peter

Hi wiNt, yes, I can share it if you really want it, but the ship is unfinished, and needs to be refactored

Keep in mind that it was made with the first versions of the UE4, Im not sure if it works for the current release, moreover it was my first Blueprints Proyect, so probably there are thinks that now I would do in another way.

Ill upload it soon, keep an eye on this thread, Ill announce it here

Here we go, you can download the ship here http://goo.gl/FdeKbU but take into account that Its not clean, needs to be refactored.

To use it I recomend you to download shooter example game for 4.2, add the folders you will download into the content folder of the project, and the you can update to latest UE4 rev if you wish

The ship should work on any project, not only in shooter game, but you should set it up first, and then migrate the contents you want

The latest ship is in blueprints folder, called BP_Ship3, the other ships are old

Nesjett. You are a BP beast my friend! You need to finish these out and release them to the Marketplace and you will be RICH! But no seriously, I think a lot of people would purchase these frameworks to use as building blocks for some excellent ideas.

Thank you Arixsus, BPs are really awesome for small teams or speed projects

I was thinking on release some finished versions on the marketplace, maybe in some weeks hehe, some of my content is almost ready to be published (in the final versions)

Anyway if I sell it I think it wont be expensive :slight_smile: