User Tag List

View Poll Results: On which Engine version would you like to use Allright Rig?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • UE 4.12

    100 94.34%
  • UE 4.11

    7 6.60%
  • UE 4.10

    4 3.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 193

Thread: Allright Rig For Unreal Engine 4

  1. #1
    21

    Lightbulb Allright Rig For Unreal Engine 4

    Hi, my name is Alexander Shatalov and I am 3D developer and I am excited to introduce you to my rigging system for Unreal Engine.

    Allright Rig is an expandable nodes and macros library for automatic creation of character rigs and working with character animation in Unreal Engine 4. The main goal is to create a possibility of creation and editing character animation, which will help to make games, previsualization, cinematics and animation movies in Unreal Engine 4.


    Rig page: http://alexallright.com/allrightrig/
    Documentation page: http://alexallright.com/allrightrig/doc/
    Roadmap: https://trello.com/b/FoNzYh07/allright-rig-roadmap
    Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1379133895436269/
    contact@alexallright.com



    Last edited by aleks_allright; 01-09-2017 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Update video

  2. #2
    1
    Samaritan
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by aleks_allright View Post
    Right now this system is in a demo version. I applied to the Unreal Dev Grants and if I win, I will finish the roadmap as fast as possible and the system will be free.
    So...can we try out this demo version? Otherwise how can we give you feedback? Just by comment about your YT video?

  3. #3
    0
    Good question, Sadaleus! Yes, I'm going to make a demo test. To be honest, I'm pretty new to the community and right now I would like to know what do people think about this system.

  4. #4
    1
    Samaritan
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    104
    Looks amazing and great work so far!!!

    I read your dev grant request page and I hope you get the grant!! but in the sad case that doesn't happen, do you have an idea of how much you plan on asking for this?

    Thank you and keep up the awesome work!
    -Zeiten

  5. #5
    1

    Cool stuff! Would be nice to animate inside UE4 (assuming animations tools will be at least on par with Blender).

  6. #6
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeiten View Post
    Looks amazing and great work so far!!!
    I read your dev grant request page and I hope you get the grant!! but in the sad case that doesn't happen, do you have an idea of how much you plan on asking for this?
    Thank you and keep up the awesome work!
    -Zeiten
    Thank you! I haven't decided the exact price yet, but i think it will be something like 100 usd for a copy on the market place, and the roadmap will be much shorter in this case. Most part of this roadmap will be done on next releases and updates. Who knows, maybe it is a better way. However, I want it to be accessible for small studios and indie developers. And also one guy suggested me to try sourcing some funds from the community in a campaign to make it free. However, i have no more possibility to work on this project without money.

  7. #7
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by motorsep View Post
    Cool stuff! Would be nice to animate inside UE4 (assuming animations tools will be at least on par with Blender).
    Thank you! I am going to make them better (with an Epic Games help of course)! However, this system already works and it will continue to grow and expand! Also I want to make a face rigging system for unreal, but it will be another project.
    Last edited by aleks_allright; 07-06-2016 at 08:13 PM. Reason: more opened answer

  8. #8

  9. #9
    1
    Wow, this looks really very good and super useful. Good luck on the grant!

  10. #10

  11. #11
    1
    Repost of what I said on your Unreal Dev Grant forum thread submission post:

    Quote Originally Posted by benjamin.smith View Post


    EDIT: Seriously though,
    in the meantime you should totally set up either a Patreon account or pre-orders on your website as I would gladly send you $10-$50 USD per month to help support the development of this plugin :O
    Hopefully this forum thread gets enough community exposure to get a Spotlight on the Epic Games Launcher and I'll do my part to try and make that happen for you aleks_allright
    Regards,
    Benjamin D. Smith

    Founder & CEO | Binary Sword Pty Ltd
    Currently working on: ODIN Tracker (UE4 Plugin)

  12. #12
    3
    This is the most important plugin I've ever seen. It will make my next project like 20x less tedious and way more enjoyable. I'd pay $100 for this. Also, how do I vote for you to get the grant? Can't seem to figure out how. You deserve it. This is huge.

  13. #13
    1
    Nice stuff Alexandr, I really am impressed and I love it!! Keep up the great work! I can't wait to see how you progress with it.

    I'm pleased to see that you really did consider the concept that I mentioned over Facebook regarding bringing it to the community if you can reach a certain amount of funding, I am certain the community will help support that goal. There's nothing better than bringing something like this to the masses! I hope it works out and I'll try to spread the word as best I can as my small contribution to your efforts.

    It's great to see that you're main goal is finishing with the current features too before trying to get too far ahead of the project, I really hope this goes well and you're able to reach the funding you need to open this up to people for free, if not I am sure it will be a reasonable price all the same.

    I am actually eagerly waiting to see how this goes haha.


    Regards,
    Patrick.
    Last edited by Patriick; 07-24-2016 at 12:24 PM.
    Patrick Griffiths
    Director & Co-Founder
    Indieworx - www.indieworx.co


    Currently working on a Steampunk themed 3d puzzle platformer called. The Machine.

  14. #14
    1
    This plug-in opens up the possibility to use the engine to create full-fledged animated movies. It's just a coup. I look forward to the release. Great job!

  15. #15
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Cohen View Post
    This is the most important plugin I've ever seen. It will make my next project like 20x less tedious and way more enjoyable. I'd pay $100 for this. Also, how do I vote for you to get the grant? Can't seem to figure out how. You deserve it. This is huge.
    Thank you very much! You can vote here for the thread and at dev grants thread as well.
    Name:  Vote.jpg
Views: 6875
Size:  15.2 KB
    Last edited by aleks_allright; 07-24-2016 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Attach image
    Regards,
    Alexander Shatalov

    Technical Artist & Instructor
    Currently working on: Allright Rig (UE4 Plugin)

  16. #16
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriick View Post
    Nice stuff Alexandr, I really am impressed and I love it!! Keep up the great work! I can't wait to see how you progress with it.

    I'm pleased to see that you really did consider the concept that I mentioned over Facebook regarding bringing it to the community if you can reach a certain amount of funding, I am certain the community will help support that goal. There's nothing better than bringing something like this to the masses! I hope it works out and I'll try to spread the word as best I can as my small contribution to your efforts.

    It's great to see that you're main goal is finishing with the current features too before trying to get too far ahead of the project, I really hope this goes well and you're able to reach the funding you need to open this up to people for free, if not I am sure it will be a reasonable price all the same.

    I am actually eagerly waiting to see how this goes haha.


    Regards,
    Patrick.
    Thank you! It was a long way, but this system works already and it will only grow!
    Regards,
    Alexander Shatalov

    Technical Artist & Instructor
    Currently working on: Allright Rig (UE4 Plugin)

  17. #17
    2

    Lightbulb Allright Rig Open Beta Testing Announcement!

    Name:  Megaphone_512.png
Views: 6966
Size:  199.8 KB

    Thank you for all your comments and likes! I was very happy to see that people liked Allright Rig! So, instead of waiting for the Unreal Dev Grants answer I am starting to make a beta test!

    It will have free content with add-ons purchased separately. The beta will start in the middle of August 2016. You will be able to download it on my website. After getting feedback I will fix some bugs and maybe add some new features from customers wishlists and then I will apply it to the Market Place. Full version release will probably be ready at the end of october 2016 if everything goes well. You will be able to buy it on the Market Place and on the site as well. However, I would like to add a donation option, because the speed and amount of work depends on the money that I will receive. I have been working on this without pay and I am running out of funds.

    At the same time if I will get enough funding to continue my roadmap I will make it free. There will be new versions with new features. I am also thinking about a crowdfunding compaign on kickstarter or something similar to this. But right now I am more concentrated on finishing the release with current features.

    Please check out my group on facebook and subscribe to my YouTube channel. I would very appreciate your votes here and on the Unreal Dev Grants thread.
    Feel free to email at contact@alexallright.com or add me on skype: aleks_allright.

    I would also be thankful if you would share this information with anyone who might be interested!

    Again, thank you for your time and consideration.
    Last edited by aleks_allright; 08-22-2016 at 11:17 AM.
    Regards,
    Alexander Shatalov

    Technical Artist & Instructor
    Currently working on: Allright Rig (UE4 Plugin)

  18. #18
    1
    Luminary
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,701
    First off Allright Rig looks awesome - I have a handful of questions about allright Rig if you do not mind.

    1. Are there any plans to support Live Motion Capture inside Unreal 4 using Allright Rig? Either as a separate plugin or within the allright rig plugin.
    2. Does allright rig support facial animation?
    3. Does allright rig support .BVH Mocap data for mocap clean up?
    4. Are there any plans to make a Trello board for the Allright Rig Roadmap?

    That said - I cannot wait for Allright Rig.

  19. #19
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadClot View Post
    First off Allright Rig looks awesome - I have a handful of questions about allright Rig if you do not mind.

    1. Are there any plans to support Live Motion Capture inside Unreal 4 using Allright Rig? Either as a separate plugin or within the allright rig plugin.
    2. Does allright rig support facial animation?
    3. Does allright rig support .BVH Mocap data for mocap clean up?
    4. Are there any plans to make a Trello board for the Allright Rig Roadmap?

    That said - I cannot wait for Allright Rig.
    Thank you for all your questions!
    1. I already worked on a motion capture integration with Victon Tracker and Unreal Engine. My friend made a data receiver plugin and I worked on a character simulation based on rigid transforms. It was one of the goals in the big roadmap on making a full length animation inside the Editor, but this project is frozen right now. Ikinema has a nice solution for motion capture streaming in Unreal and i think they will also make a good recording system, because Unreal is much better than Motion Builder. However, if there will be a big need it is not a problem for me to add motion capture streaming and recording to my system.
    2. Rig can play facial animation if there is one on a skeletal mesh. I am going to make a facial rigging system for unreal but it will be another big project.
    3. Allright Rig supports animation assets. It seems like editor can only import fbx right now, but who knows, maybe a solution is coming.
    4. Yes, this is exactly what I am working on. Roadmap solution will be the same as for Unreal Engine. Im not sure about where to put features wishlists. I think here or maybe on discord, however I would appreciate any ideas.
    Regards,
    Alexander Shatalov

    Technical Artist & Instructor
    Currently working on: Allright Rig (UE4 Plugin)

  20. #20
    0
    Go on the webpage allright rid

  21. #21
    0
    I havent read the whole thread, but can you do actuall rigging inside UE4 itself?
    System
    ASUS G550JK - 12GB ram, Nvidia GeForce 850 2GB

    ArtStation
    Artwork thread

  22. #22
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Frequia View Post
    I havent read the whole thread, but can you do actuall rigging inside UE4 itself?
    No, unfortunately right now there are no tools for working with character animation in Unreal besides my system.
    Regards,
    Alexander Shatalov

    Technical Artist & Instructor
    Currently working on: Allright Rig (UE4 Plugin)

  23. #23
    0
    Yes, thats what I meant. So with this tool you "can" do rigging in UE4 and dont have to use any other software package?
    System
    ASUS G550JK - 12GB ram, Nvidia GeForce 850 2GB

    ArtStation
    Artwork thread

  24. #24
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Frequia View Post
    Yes, thats what I meant. So with this tool you "can" do rigging in UE4 and dont have to use any other software package?
    Right now you need just to skin a character mesh in another software. But maybe soon you will be able to do it in unreal.
    Regards,
    Alexander Shatalov

    Technical Artist & Instructor
    Currently working on: Allright Rig (UE4 Plugin)

  25. #25
    1
    Luminary
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,701
    Hey got a question

    When does the Beta Start for Allright Rig?

  26. #26
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadClot View Post
    Hey got a question

    When does the Beta Start for Allright Rig?
    Hi HeadClot! The beta will start on 23rd of august!
    Regards,
    Alexander Shatalov

    Technical Artist & Instructor
    Currently working on: Allright Rig (UE4 Plugin)

  27. #27
    0

    Allright Rig Beta Testing Has Begun!

    Name:  LogoPro512.png
Views: 6525
Size:  294.3 KB

    Hello again! Thank you all for spreading the word about my system and for your patience! Beta testing has begun and I am very excited for you all to test my system!

    Firstly I would like to give a special thanks to Egor Tomskiy for giving me the inspiration and the opportunity to begin this project. I would then like to thank Ilgar Lunin for helping me with C++ in the beginning stages and of course I could not of completed this project without the help of my wonderful wife and English editor.

    The final price of the full version will be 100 USD, but if you will buy the full beta just for a 60 USD, you will receive the final version for free. This money will make it possible to continue to improve my system.

    You can also try the free version using the default UE4 mannequin without the possibility to bake animations and work with animation blueprints. Also there will be limited nodes and macros library.
    You can download beta and get all the information on it from the beta page.

    If you would like to donate to my project i would be very appreciative!
    Last edited by aleks_allright; 08-28-2016 at 09:07 AM.
    Regards,
    Alexander Shatalov

    Technical Artist & Instructor
    Currently working on: Allright Rig (UE4 Plugin)

  28. #28
    1
    Bump Cause I think this is important.

  29. #29
    2
    Guys from Epic, integrate this stuff in UE4

  30. #30
    0

    Allright Rig beta is available for Unreal Engine 4.13.

    Name:  LogoPro512.png
Views: 6374
Size:  333.1 KB
    I am happy to know that some bugs, like poseable mesh component bug, were fixed by Epic Games and I am very exited to continue the development of the system in a new engine version!
    Regards,
    Alexander Shatalov

    Technical Artist & Instructor
    Currently working on: Allright Rig (UE4 Plugin)

  31. #31
    0

    Looking at road map, I am wondering if IK/FK switch and IK to FK snapping is coming rather sooner? Kinda indispensable tools in character animation.

    As for UI, is there an option to copy/paste poses (for either selected bones or whole skeleton) and mirror poses along any of the 3 axes? (for example, create half of the walk cycles poses, then simply copy/paste mirrored them for the other half)

    Also wondering about 6-/8- legged character, tentacles (spline IK?!) and footsteps support.

    Also, where can I buy this goodness, and how many updates to beta users get? (beyond 1.0 release that is)

    Thanks

  32. #32
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by motorsep View Post
    Looking at road map, I am wondering if IK/FK switch and IK to FK snapping is coming rather sooner? Kinda indispensable tools in character animation.

    As for UI, is there an option to copy/paste poses (for either selected bones or whole skeleton) and mirror poses along any of the 3 axes? (for example, create half of the walk cycles poses, then simply copy/paste mirrored them for the other half)

    Also wondering about 6-/8- legged character, tentacles (spline IK?!) and footsteps support.

    Also, where can I buy this goodness, and how many updates to beta users get? (beyond 1.0 release that is)

    Thanks
    Thank you for your questions Motorserp!
    1) Of course, it is a very good suggestion to make ik-fk snapping. I will add it to my roadmap.
    2) Copy/paste/mirror are very actual animation tools. I will also add them to the roadmap.
    3) You are able to make 6-8 legs characters right now as well as any kind of rigs. My system is a library of nodes and macroses that make it possible to create and animate character rigs in Unreal. Ofcourse it is better for users to have the final rig for a spider character for example, but to be honest I am more interested in spreading the possibilities of the system than to make some custom non-humanoid rigs. My rig asset just shows the main possibilities of the system. It is only the product of the Allright Rig system.
    4) You can download the beta here. The next version will be on the market place. I am going to put it there after i will gather some feedback and will make some fixes and updates. You can see the development stages on my roadmap board. However, I am going to make the final release around November.
    Last edited by aleks_allright; 09-07-2016 at 06:55 AM.
    Regards,
    Alexander Shatalov

    Technical Artist & Instructor
    Currently working on: Allright Rig (UE4 Plugin)

  33. #33
    0
    Can't wait for the final release of 'Awesome Rig' :'D

  34. #34
    0
    @aleks_allright

    Thanks a bunch!

    Looking further into the Roadmap, I see this https://trello.com/c/9HIDPylj

    So at this time is it not possible to animate characters in UE4 using your plugin, use these animated characters with BP/trees and then build/deploy game to a chosen platform? (PC/consoles/Android)

  35. #35
    0
    i think its better to make integration of ue4's ik solution (FABRIK) with allright rig

    also making an accurate foot planning system is very useful

  36. #36
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by motorsep View Post
    @aleks_allright

    Thanks a bunch!

    Looking further into the Roadmap, I see this https://trello.com/c/9HIDPylj

    So at this time is it not possible to animate characters in UE4 using your plugin, use these animated characters with BP/trees and then build/deploy game to a chosen platform? (PC/consoles/Android)
    @motorsep

    Right now you can do all the stuff in the editor, but if you want to package the game you need to save your animations to the animation assets, disable the plugin and remove plugin content. I have shown the posiibility of using my rig at run time in the editor but I need to update my source for packaging the game. During the development I was not concentrated on building games with my rig, my goal was to make the system only for use in editor. However, it is not a very big problem to tweak my plugin for bulding games and will absolutely fix it soon. It is just the matter of time.
    Regards,
    Alexander Shatalov

    Technical Artist & Instructor
    Currently working on: Allright Rig (UE4 Plugin)

  37. #37
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix master 97 View Post
    i think its better to make integration of ue4's ik solution (FABRIK) with allright rig

    also making an accurate foot planning system is very useful
    @DP Studio
    You can already add FABRIK to the RigAnim animation blueprint and it will work with Allright Rig. You can use any Anim Graph nodes with my system.

    About accurate foot placement I think you need to look at this thread. I really like what @darkZ is doing.
    Last edited by aleks_allright; 09-08-2016 at 09:25 AM.
    Regards,
    Alexander Shatalov

    Technical Artist & Instructor
    Currently working on: Allright Rig (UE4 Plugin)

  38. #38
    2

    Face Rig is coming ))

    Regards,
    Alexander Shatalov

    Technical Artist & Instructor
    Currently working on: Allright Rig (UE4 Plugin)

  39. #39
    1
    Luminary
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by aleks_allright View Post
    FACE RIG HYPE!

    Sadly I cannot Purchase allright rig right now. Will be picking it up at the end of the month if everything goes to plan

  40. #40
    1
    While it's impressive, I think it would be nice to get all core character animation tools done (and ability to release game with Allright Rig) before going into advanced stuff (/me remembering Blender with unfinished and half working features)

    Btw, did you mean to name it "Allright" with double-L or should it really be "Alright" ?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •