July #UE4jam, July 14-18th. THEME: SPEAK SOFTLY AND CARRY A BIG STICK

Achievement Unlocked Game Developer Program

**WINNERS!
Highschool 101 - Team Noidea
Im Gonna Smash You With My Face - Succubi in Hats
Reticent - Beard Envy

**THE RULES

• We will announce the theme on the July 14th stream, when the jam officially kicks-off.

• Make an amazing game by yourself or with a team (up to 5) around the given theme in Unreal Engine 4.

• Submit a download link to the SUBMISSION THREAD before midnight on the night of July 17th/ morning of July 18thincluding the following:

• Team Name

• List of Team Members

• Name of submission (Please format it with your team’s name attached ex. TeamName_GameName)
    After you post your submission, PM me with the email addresses of your team members (up to 5), the name of your team and the name of your project. That makes it easier to get in contact with, so make sure to send that info over!

• A small panel at Epic will judge entries on the following criteria:

• Unique use of theme

• Fun factor

• Overall Visuals

• Detailed rules

• Intel Sweepstakes

• UE4jam Rules
    All submissions will be featured in a highlight reel posted to our YouTube and shown on Twitch.

THE PRIZES

The top 3 submissions will receive an Epic Swag Box with all sorts of goodies, a “Game Jam Finalist” forum badge, a featured playthrough on the July 28th Twitch stream, as well as a highlight on Unreal Engine launcher!

HOUDINI LICENSES
In addition to the Epic Swag Box, each member of the winning teams will be receiving 1-year of Houdini Indie (including the Houdini Engine) provided by SideFX. This amazing tool can be used with UE4 through the official Houdini plugin.

AIPD KEYS
Also in addition to the Epic Swag Box, each member of the winning teams will be receiving a free copy of AIPD. You will have a choice of Xbox One, PS4 or Steam keys.

INTEL COMPUTE STICK AND WIRELESS KEYBOARD SWEEPSTAKES

All participants of the July UE4jam who submit an entry will be entered into a drawing to win a brand new Intel Compute Stick and Wireless Mini Keyboard. Four (4) Intel Compute Sticks and Rii Wireless Keyboards will be raffled off during the revealing of the winner of the UE4jam on the July 28th livestream.

Happy developing, and good luck!

Theme Announce Countdown](Time since Jul 14, 2016 2:00 pm started in Raleigh)
Submission Deadline Countdown](Time since Jul 18, 2016 started in Raleigh)

Streaming your work on Twitch? Let us know so we can follow along!
Are you on Twitter? Show off your work using the #ue4jam](https://twitter.com/hashtag/ue4jam?src=hash) hashtag!
Make sure you catch 's stream of all the entries once the deadline is up: Twitch

**-------- PARTICIPATING TEAMS ****--------
In order to streamline the playing, judging, recording, and winners announcement process, we’re requesting that teams participating in the jam let us know beforehand in order to prepare appropriately for the event. We’ll update the list with links to the games afterwards, too, so can find your title without having to scroll through the whole thread :slight_smile: Pre-registration is not required for entry, and we know people will come in later, but it will greatly aid us in turning everything around quickly. We appreciate your help in making this event awesome :cool:

**Please send me a PM with your team name and number of team members and we’ll get you added to the list!
Pre-Registered Teams:

1. Invasion of the mutant Shrooms - Celtic Dragon
  2. (im)Balance - Gameplay Universe](July UE4jam Submission Thread - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums)
  3. Roosevelt Pong - Busan
  4. AstroGOGO - TeamName
  5. Speak Softly And Carry A Big Stick - semleti
  6. VoodooStick - DazPetty
  7. Escape The Dungeon - Drunk Trio
  8. Teddy’s Torment! - Sypher Files Studios
  9. TheDogHandlerShow -
  10. Pastorizio - RK
  11. Whisper Protocol - TinyOctopus
  12. Lumber Support - Onetimetwotimes Studio
  13. Lost Soul - Moonrain Games
  14. VoicesCarry - Team Azaia
  15. DefinetlyNotPool - Ra Studios
  16. Totalitarian Librarian - That’s My Raspberry!
  17. VolcanoStick - Molten Rock
  18. Roof Top Ninja - Accidental Illusionists
  19. Pick Up Big Sticks - Rathimir
  20. Busking BackwardsTo Borgarfjordur - Miroir Industries
  21. Reticent - Beard Envy
  22. Taming Creatures - The Elder Council
  23. MEGA TEDDY - Crackpot Gumption
  24. Office Hell - Superego
  25. Im Gonna Smash You With My Face - Succubi in Hats
  26. Teddy’s Revenge - The Catalina Winemixers
  27. BigStickDiplomancy - funkinessfactor
  28. Alien Diplomacy - Ayretek
  29. GrandMaul! - GrandmasBoys
  30. Strike - N.Stolle
  31. Stick World -
  32. Operation Big Stick - GalaxyMan
  33. Agents Of Log - Chaotic Neutral
  34. Classes avec Mr. Boustache - Hexenjäger
  35. Highschool 101 - Team Noidea

Helpful Links for Jamming!

Official Sites

Getting Started Docs
Top Tips for Game Jams
Wiki Tutorials
Wiki Code Tutorials/Snippets
Training Videos
Tutorials and Guides
Blueprint Getting Started Thread
C++ Getting Started Thread

Youtube

Unreal Engine’s Official Youtube Channel
L Newton’s Youtube Channel
TeslaDev’s Youtube Channel
Mathew Wadstein’s Youtube Channel
Luos’ Youtube Channel

Tutorials and Guides

Tutorials by
Blueprint Guides by Romero
Gameplay Guides by

Got a question - I know there’s been Vive submissions but can you submit an Oculus Rift game for the jam, just for an xbox controller (no motion controllers)?

Similar to question above, can we submit DayDream VR games?

Hey all, we’ve limited the rules to desktop platforms to ensure that we have the intended devices to test the games on. Regarding VR, we do have a Vive Pre and the Oculus Rift, so those are g2g. We cannot guarantee that we’ll have the appropriate mobile devices to play your games, so mobile platforms are not permitted within the rules.

Thanks, and happy jamming!

Thanks . Had to google g2g and all the results were “got to go” but I guess you mean good to go like the bp compile tooltip.

Some older people still use LOL to mean “lots of love” like it used to mean on postcards. Assumption, the mother of all awkwardness!

Haha apologies! Left over from my raiding days :cool:

So how can you join the jam

Just submit your game on the submission thread (it will be up once the theme is released)
And PM Unreal your (your team’s) private details (shipping address for prizes, name of the recipient and your t-shirt size)

Awesomeness thanks again

And remember, you can join at any time, even if you didn’t preregister. All you have to do is submit a project (that meets the prerequisites in the rules) to the submission thread once it’s up.

I would like to join a team for this jam, done the previous ones solo. Please PM if you’re interested in joining my team/having me onboard in your team. Let’s do this!

Hi, we need a 3d artist for our group! PM if you’re interested in joining my team!

Hey guys, I’m looking for a team. Ok-ish in blender and substance painter, but great at blueprints :p. Here is something i made: - YouTube

Hey guys, experienced programmer/UE generalist looking to team up.

Check my twitter and youtube in my signature. I also have limited skill in making music [soundcloud]](Stream Gone With The Vintage by DennyR | Listen online for free on SoundCloud) could do that if needed.

Shoot me a pm if you wanna team up.

I’m going to get in on this jam as well this time! gotta get crackin :slight_smile:

This is my first game jam. Good luck to.

Come on and slam and welcome to game jams!

FX Artist and Level Design hobbyist here – looking to get some UE4 experience doing a game jam, please contact me in a PM or something :smiley:

Saw the theme ideas today - y’all are in for a treat.

Intriguing!
Will try to finish game this time :smiley: