The Devil's Eight

HI

The Devil’s Eight is a project I’ve been working on in my spare time for the past year now. This game started out as my senior project and is now the first game I plan to release as an indie developer. I’ve been wanting to start this thread for a while and now I finally have the time to keep it up to date and share the progress.

Description

The Devil’s Eight is a music-based boss fighting game developed by Second Step Studios. Fight your way through the circles of hell and conquer The Devil’s Eight. With only a shield to fight, you must master each boss’s unique mechanics and reflect their attacks against them.

(updated the prealpha trailer to play latest footage)

Main Features

8 Boss Fights
Each with a unique world representing the different circles of hell - Limbo, Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Wrath, Heresy, Violence, and Fraud

Electronic Music
Used to generate visualizers and effects to the rhythm. Also used for signal processing to control the AI behaviors of the eight bosses.

Motion Comics
Unlocked after defeating each boss to discover who they were in life.

Social Networks

Facebook
/TheDevilsEight/

Twitter
/SecondStepGames

Official Website
http://thedevilseight.com/

Heres an updated look at the First Boss limbo with the music visualizer in the background being generated by the soundtrack. Also his eye’s react to the bass beat. Game play footage coming soon!

It looks intriguing. I like this style! When will be gameplay trailer?

Gameplay trailer showing off the first boss should be out later towards the end of this month, hopefully around the 20th.

This is Limbo’s latest attack. I finished this a couple of days ago it’s Limbo’s only lock on move so the player has to either dodge roll or shield to avoid being hit. Was debating about giving him more lock on moves but he’s getting pretty tough as is.

Cool style. Look forward to see more of the game.

Liking the style of this!

Ah, the boss stage looks so uncanny it is making me slightly nervous! :slight_smile:

Looks great though mate!

Here’s the player finally able to tech recover from hits

A lot of revamping work these past weeks in the shield effects and animations for the multiple ways to counter in the game. Wanted separate effects and animations for countering weak hits in comparison to stronger hits, still in progress will update when I have the stronger counter effect done.

Limbo’s Intro Cutscene

Forum is finally back WOO! Got a couple of updates but first the most recent. Spent this weekend working on Limbo’s intro cutscene, it’s still a work in progress.

Been working hard making that gameplay trailer I promised. Here it is enjoy!

Pretty badass!

Hi . Very Slick Concept.

F-Ing Love It.
I love the aesthetic of it.
Tip: I think the animations could benefit from some smoothing. They look a little stiff.
Also, work on game feel, it will really boost a games… everything!! lol.

Lust the Star-crossed

Just wanted to take a moment first to thank everybody, definitely appreciate the feedback. Aside from updating Limbo’s animations at some point and adding his dialogue. Limbo’s finally at a point where we can take a break from him and playtest to see what adjustments need to be made. Development has continued once again on the next circle.

Lust - Floor Lasers

Finally finished up the logic for Lust’s floor lasers this past Saturday. Still need to work on the actual effect but it’s coming along.

Lust - Power Ring

This is actually the first of Lust’s attack that we got working. The male has a more vertical version that he shoots hopefully have an upload of that soon.

Wow. Love your concept, it feels original. You make your own music as well?

Thanks, always happy to hear that. The music was made by a friend of mine, so far he’s made the soundtracks for Limbo. Lust, and Greed.