Particle Editor Extension (Code Plugin)

UPDATE: Current documentation: Particle Editor Extension by Cultrarius

Hey,

I have created a code plugin to extend the particle editor (Cascade) with completely new modules. I would like to know if any of you are interested in such a plugin?
Furthermore, if you have any ideas/wishes for new modules you can post them as well :slight_smile:

Demo video:

Here is what the plugin includes to far:

• Custom Logic: implement your own particle effect logic for position, velocity or color in C++ or blueprints!
  • Mesh Location: spawn particles on the surface or vertices of a static meshes (without having to use sockets). New! Also supports dynamic meshes (if you can provide triangle data at runtime).
  • Spiral Location: spawn particles on a spiral path to create galaxies (see screenshot)
  • Heightmap Location: Use a custom texture to determine the particle height
  • Texture Pixel Color: (CPU only) Use a custom texture to determine the particle color
  • Donut Location: A new shape (like the sphere or cylinder) to spawn particles in
  • Jiggle Location: (CPU only) Makes particles jump around a bit each tick, very useful to make e.g. insect swarms ort magic effects
  • Swarm Movement: (CPU only) let the particles behave like a swarm by using a flocking algorithm
  • Turbulence: (CPU only) a quick way to add turbulence similar to a vector field to (using 3d curl noise).
  • Translucency Sort Order
  • Particle Decals

Example Screenshot:

More feature videos:

Hi,
First of all, thank you for this amazing plugin!
I tried to reproduce your Dynamic Particle Force Point demo found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryWmPyN4hqc.
I failed to have the thirdPerson character interact with the particles. Is there anything to add in the TPCharacter blueprint?
Can you upload your project please.
Thank you.
Cedric