UFUNCTION Cheat Sheet

I’m not a big fan of the UDN documentation for the UFUNCTION specifiers. With BlueprintCallable, BlueprintPure etc getting their own page, with 1 or 2 sentences as well as lacking documentation on a quite a few Meta specifiers. Some are really handy (Looking at you ExpandEnumAsExecs).

So I have made up a bit of a cheat sheet, that can be printed and stuck to the wall in front of you. Feel free to look at it here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pel80zXwvulkDL_O4_7HjEbBMgxRMQrWrx_HghY7gHw

I hope you may learn something new from it. Would love some feedback or corrections.

Its very cool indeed, but its not quite precise. Not all specifiers listed (WithValidation for example). All posible specifiers listed in “UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Public\UObject\ObjectBase.h”

BTW, one can find my UE4 Visual-Studio IntelliSense Macro Specifiers plugin usefull.
It provides some popup documentation for specifiers.
Sadly, its not working with VAX or Resharper.

That plugin looks awesome. I didn’t know these definitions existed in C/C++ anywhere. I assumed the variadic UFUNCTION(…) macros didn’t care about their contents. And that the UHT runs over them and builds all the boilerplate.

But I should of realised there has to be some definitions of the settings somewhere for BP to correctly call functions, build the node etc.

> assumed the variadic UFUNCTION(…) macros didn’t care about their contents
Actually it is. Visual Studio dont care about specifiers.
In ObjectBase.h they’re listed for reference only and dont do anything with code generation.

>some definitions of the settings somewhere for BP
Not only BP, but for code generation in general. This logic defines in UHT.