Building iOS C++ project on PC

Hey everyone, (I posted in the answerhub but I’m posting it here for hopes that someone could help me)

I was able to successfully build an iOS project using the old build 4.10. Now that I’ve updated my project to the 4.12, I’m having issue packaging my iOS project from PC to Mac using rsync.

At first, the rsync found with in the DeltaCopy did not work, so I use the rsync executable that is used in the actual Cygwin package (I believe the newer version of the cyg’s rsync works appropriately with windows 10). After that my project files was able to transfer over. However, when it came to finalizing the project, the IPhonePackager executable gave out an ‘OutOfMemory’ message. But here’s my real question, did the standard of the IPhonePackager executable changed within the last two builds? Any answer would help.

Thank you UE4 Community!

MainFrameActions: Packaging (iOS): IPhonePackager: Found CFBundleVersion string '0.76' and updated it to '0.77'
MainFrameActions: Packaging (iOS): IPhonePackager: Saving IPA ...
MainFrameActions: Packaging (iOS): IPhonePackager:  ... Writing updated Info.plist
MainFrameActions: Packaging (iOS): IPhonePackager: IPP ERROR: Application exception: System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
MainFrameActions: Packaging (iOS): IPhonePackager:    at iPhonePackager.FileOperations.ZipFileSystem.ReadAllBytes(String RelativeFilename) in c:\UE4\Engine\Source\Programs\IOS\iPhonePackager\FileOperations.cs:line 645
MainFrameActions: Packaging (iOS): IPhonePackager:    at iPhonePackager.CodeSignatureBuilder.CreateCodeResourcesDirectory(String CFBundleExecutable) in c:\UE4\Engine\Source\Programs\IOS\iPhonePackager\CodeSigning.cs:line 601
MainFrameActions: Packaging (iOS): IPhonePackager:    at iPhonePackager.CodeSignatureBuilder.PerformSigning() in c:\UE4\Engine\Source\Programs\IOS\iPhonePackager\CodeSigning.cs:line 746
MainFrameActions: Packaging (iOS): IPhonePackager:    at iPhonePackager.CookTime.RepackageIPAFromStub() in c:\UE4\Engine\Source\Programs\IOS\iPhonePackager\CookTime.cs:line 350
MainFrameActions: Packaging (iOS): IPhonePackager:    at iPhonePackager.Program.Main(String] args) in c:\UE4\Engine\Source\Programs\IOS\iPhonePackager\iPhonePackager.cs:line 783
MainFrameActions: Packaging (iOS): CommandUtils.Run: Run: Took 1.9048105s to run IPhonePackager.exe, ExitCode=1
MainFrameActions: Packaging (iOS): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception: AutomationTool.AutomationException: Command failed (Result:1): C:\UE4\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\IOS\IPhonePackager.exe RepackageFromStage "C:\Users\\Documents\Unreal Projects\GrottoMerc
MainFrameActions: Packaging (iOS): sUE4\GrottoMercsUE4.uproject" -config Shipping -schemename GrottoMercsUE4 -schemeconfig "Shipping" -compress=best -sign -stagedir "C:\Users\\Documents\Unreal Projects\GrottoMercsUE4\Saved\StagedBuilds\IOS" -project "C:\Users\\Documents\Unreal Projects\GrottoMercsUE4\GrottoMercsUE4.uproject" -provision 
"iOS_Team_Provisioning_Profile_comPayanoGrottoMercs.mobileprovision" -certificate "iPhone Developer: Enmanuel Payano (K99QS979BF)". See logfile for details: 'IPhonePackager-2016.06.23-19.07.29.txt' 
MainFrameActions: Packaging (iOS):    at AutomationTool.CommandUtils.RunAndLog(String App, String CommandLine, String Logfile, Int32 MaxSuccessCode, String Input, ERunOptions Options, Dictionary`2 EnvVars) in C:\UE4\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\AutomationUtils\ProcessUtils.cs:line 814
MainFrameActions: Packaging (iOS):    at IOSPlatform.Package(ProjectParams Params, DeploymentContext SC, Int32 WorkingCL) in c:\UE4\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\IOS\IOSPlatform.Automation.cs:line 388
MainFrameActions: Packaging (iOS):    at Project.Package(ProjectParams Params, Int32 WorkingCL) in c:\UE4\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\PackageCommand.Automation.cs:line 41
MainFrameActions: Packaging (iOS):    at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params) in c:\UE4\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\BuildCookRun.Automation.cs:line 218
MainFrameActions: Packaging (iOS):    at AutomationTool.BuildCommand.Execute() in C:\UE4\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\AutomationUtils\BuildCommand.cs:line 28
MainFrameActions: Packaging (iOS):    at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary`1 Commands) in C:\UE4\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\AutomationUtils\Automation.cs:line 538
MainFrameActions: Packaging (iOS):    at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String] CommandLine) in C:\UE4\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\AutomationUtils\Automation.cs:line 509
MainFrameActions: Packaging (iOS):    at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param) in C:\UE4\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Program.cs:line 131
MainFrameActions: Packaging (iOS):    at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(Func`2 Main, Object Param) in C:\UE4\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\AutomationUtils\Utils.cs:line 704
MainFrameActions: Packaging (iOS):    at AutomationTool.Program.Main() in C:\UE4\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Program.cs:line 54
MainFrameActions: Packaging (iOS): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=1 (Error_Unknown)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (iOS): Domain_ProcessExit
MainFrameActions: Packaging (iOS): AutomationToolLauncher exiting with ExitCode=1
MainFrameActions: Packaging (iOS): copying UAT log files...
MainFrameActions: Packaging (iOS): BUILD FAILED
PackagingResults:Error: Error Unknown Error

I have the same problem and it looks like when I change destination path it works a few times and then again is the same problem…

Try this:

Open the UE4 VS Solution.
Right Click on the iPhonePackager project under “Programs”.
Under the “Build” Settings, uncheck the “Prefer 32-bit” option.
Rebuild iPhonePackager.
Try to build again.

And the bundled rsync version is not compatible with the version installed in OS X. The cygwin is more up to date apparently.

Hi there,

Same error here: “IPP ERROR: Application exception: System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type ‘System.OutOfMemoryException’ was thrown.”
Not c++ project, 4.12.4
Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Solution by @appdev_archimage helped me. Thank you!

Solved by replacing the new 4.12 iPhonePackager (and all files DotNET\IOS) to those from 4.11 version (for ppl without visualstudio)

Massive thanks for this, this solved my problem