Basic interior lighting setup - 4.12

Created a very basic scene to test new lighting setup in 4.12 with somewhat minimum editing in ‘Baselightmass.ini’. More Info - Basic Interior in Unreal Engine 4.12 – Real Time 3D Architecture Visualization

That’s it. Engine is becoming more friendly to use day by day. Still need more control in Lightmass settings though.

Thanks!
Very nice lighting.

Looking very good!

Nice one , I want to ask you two question.
Did you use the skylight in your scene?
What quality setting did you use for the final build,Medium, high, or Production?

Thanks!

drool Love that lighting!

How to put the slowing render with portals in the scene? I had a decent time increased.

Using that settings is still rendering on 3 machines after last night, I am using Medium as final quality, maybe my scene is not optimized, but before modifying the *.ini in production quality and with portals on one machine was taking not more than 30 minutes.

Looks stunning!!

I am little curious to know few things
1 - fps
2 - UV unwrapping workflow for objects
3 - Your post processing setup

btw, loved you post on HDRI lighting. Any possibility that you will share this project as well?

Don’t use these settings as is it, these values are scene dependent. First try putting Portals, if still there are some area’s where you are getting uneven GI or Patches then only you need to adjust Baselightmass.ini. Increase those values incrementally.

1. FPS - above 120 with post pro on my normal 970 GTX

2. UV unwrapping workflow - Pelt Mapping for Furniture (or objects that demands it) and Steam Roller script for all other. It’s always a good idea to manually unwrap center piece objects for best performance and clean lightmaps.

3. Post Process - Will post snapshots soon.

I might share the project, but I don’t know if community is going to benefit from it. Nothing special here.

Just amazing!

The supports and beams are begging for some love and attention.

100% agree my friend, I was too lazy to correct their light maps. I completed this like a month ago and was not getting some free time to work on improvements. So I called it a day and posted. But soon will be revisiting it for video and VR presentation.

Since you were saying you were thinking about releasing it, I’d love to just redo those parts for fun and as practice.

Thanks it is right what you said, the vers 4.12 is already a lot better and quicker than before without hacking the file .ini.I keep testing.

Cheers.

you help amateur archviz users one time with your wonderful topic [Lets make Lightmass EPIC]

that topic and project help me a lot

its will be very fantastic if you share this project with us

of you dont want share complete project - please share only skylight + dr light + post p + fog with us and help us for second time

thanks - sorry for bad english

how could’ve missed this one, awesome work as always-

awesome work
it will be great to see the setup (interested only on the setup sky/sun + postprocess )

Here are the snapshots for Skylight, Light Source and Post Process used in the scene –

As I said, nothing special here. Maximum of the settings are scene dependent and one’s own taste of visualization. Hope it helps, my fellow comrades.**

thx so much master :slight_smile: