Marmoset for UE4? (Gallery)

Hello all,

I have been working on an interface that pulls together a lot of UE4’s amazing rendering features as well as many special materials, pp material and functionalities that I have added myself in an effort to do 2 things:

1. Streamline the process for artists to quickly look dev and iterate on art made for ue4.
  2. Render portfolio quality images and video from an actual game engine.

I have made quite a bit of progress so far and have received great feedback from the community. Here is the original WIP thread and here is the original Polycount thread.

Due to such positive feedback I have decided to release this in the marketplace soon. Here is a short teaser I worked up and demos some of the main features. Hope you all like! Let me know what you think!

very interested in it ! but sadly i cant view the video in germany because of music copyright violations with gema …
please change the music, so we can see it too.
and please keep up the good work !!

Sorry about letting the thread fall back. I took an unexpected 2 week vacation and the laptop I took with me decided to crash… I am back home now and plan to wrap this up asap!

Oh man… we were really scared. Glad to hear you’re back on this! :wink:
I hope the marketplace team will publish this within 1 week after it’s submitted.
Can’t wait!

I hope so too. I am almost finished at this point!

Hello,

Any news on this? :slight_smile:

Yes, I will be releasing the first version of this tomorrow via Gumroad. I will also send it in to the marketplace. I will add more features by request in the coming weeks and update for free for those who have already purchased!

Awesome! Definitely getting this! :slight_smile:

It’s here! I just posted the initial release here. Much more to come soon! I will be sending off to add to the UE4 marketplace as well. Hope you all enjoy!

Before I get this, is there a way we could add our own HDRIs? :slight_smile:

It is possible, yes. However, I have not yet created a way to do this easily, via the interface. The easiest thing to do would be to save over the existing ones. I will add the ability to easily add custom maps in the next release.

Note: Each sky is represented by a set of hdri textures and an icon image. Make sure you save over all of them for proper results. Also, you will want to reference my texture settings for the sky maps and make sure you replicate those exactly. This procedure will effectively change one of the icons to your new hdri map. Hope this helps!

Awesome! I’ll get it as soon as I can. ^^

Edit: Render custom depth pass did the trick.

Thanks for releasing this awesome work. :slight_smile:

Request: Saving the Post Process settings as a preset.

Awesome work man and I’m glad to see that someone is adding support for such a feature in UE4 :slight_smile:

We did have plans to add similar yet more basic support for a UE4 Viewport / Asset capture with our ODIN Tracker UE4 Plugin with the intended plan to expand on the set of features depending on if no similar paid product came to market which now is not the case.

With that being said,
I would be more than happy to talk to you privately regarding some features we had planed which you may be interested in incorporating into your product such as in-world props for lighting, etc similar to what SLIK has for example.

Since we wouldn’t want to compete with you a fellow developer and your product :slight_smile:

Not to mention we are more than happy to focus our development efforts on our more team orientated product features and leave the road clear when it comes to asset showcase related features that your product has to offer.

Very promising tool, but in my opinion it’s still missing some important key features

here are my top 5 key features that I think is a “must have”:

1 - Scene Rotation (A: Skybox Independent Rotation, B: Skybox + Lights Rotation, C: All scene rotation including 3d models) this is very important!
2 - Scriptable Sky Objects for managing multiple skies per scene (each HDRI sky have their own light, light position, Sky rotation and settings) like presets skybox scenes
3 - HUD for Gameplay mode, with all the options of the editor (ability to change the HDRI image, camera settings, materials etc, in game)
4 - FX and LUT settings

Good luck with this :smiley:

Absolutely. Feel free to inbox me and we can start talking. :slight_smile:

No problem! I do plan to add save options for scene, ui config, etc in the next release!

Great feedback! I will add as much of this as I can in the coming releases.

Hello Aaron. Hate to say this but I was wondering if I could get a refund. I’ve found these issues with the gallery and I don’t have to time to wait for these features to be implemented.

-CustomDepth pass isn’t enabled automatically.
-When panning the camera around new meshes imported in the scene the camera keeps jumping back and fourth.
-HDRi is not rigged with directional light and HDRi makes it useless for anything that uses Sub Surface Scattering such as foliage, skin etc. because they do not affect the SSS part of the shader.
-Having no directional light rigged with the HDRi makes the entire mesh surface have AO all the time.
-No zoom in/out for camera.
-No custom HDRi input.

Any news on a refund?