User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UnrealVoxel - blocky Minecraft-like infinite world + download

Samaritan
    Whats with the Documentation?

Need it - i am too stupid to get anything out of it, without the documentation.
    Last edited by Yaeko; 07-08-2016 at 11:08 AM.

Promoter
    Still working on it. I had busy week but I should finish it within a day.
    I also uploaded 7th part of Voxel 12h challenge from Twitch:

Hi

Really like what you are doing with the you tube series. I wanted to follow along with it.

I purchased the toolkit but I can't get it working. I,m learning and really need some documentation.

Could you let me know enough to get it running in the Unreal Engine.

Thanks

Its OK I have now got it working.
    Last edited by simoncursley; 07-10-2016 at 04:38 AM.

Promoter
    I updated documentation to version 1.1

Hey, I plan to buy this, but I wonder can I switch the basic component of world generation( which is currently blocks ) to low poly style meshes( like the one in traverse http://traverse.world/ )

I found a bug in it. I tried to place an item into the quick menu bar and from the empty square spawns a sort of...Iron Speer? but i can't place it back to the inventory or anywhere also can't throw it out.

//NVM: that was the cursor

I wish people would use this, make a minecraft clone and integrate a basis for modding so the modpacks for MC could be remade. Since...my good this runs so much smoother at 60 than MC does at 170 (not even saying, that the game runs at 30 and below with shaders for me).
    Last edited by Matzenator; 07-15-2016 at 04:45 AM.

Promoter
    There is also next part of Twitch voxel challenge:

Infiltrator
    Hey Tefel I had a question that I was hoping you could help me with. If you don't want to answer publicly on the forums then you can just message me privately that's fine with me. I was just wondering, so I have been following your 12 hr challenge videos to recreate the project, and so far so good. But, for the game I plan on creating, my goal is to create an area where the player spawns at the start of the game, for example a house, but then beyond that house the world is infinite and random like the one you created. How would I go about doing this? I just want a constant starting point, but then beyond the starter area for the world to be randomly generated. Is this possible? If you could give me some insight on this you would be a huge help!

Hey Tefel,
    My english is not good so I hope you can understand.
    I've followed all of your tutorials at twich and implementated most of them, that's really great.
    But I have a problem now: If a tree's trunk is on the edge of a chunk, the tree will lost half of it's leaves, that looks weird.
    How do you solve this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Jfrizz98 View Post
    Hey Tefel I had a question that I was hoping you could help me with. If you don't want to answer publicly on the forums then you can just message me privately that's fine with me. I was just wondering, so I have been following your 12 hr challenge videos to recreate the project, and so far so good. But, for the game I plan on creating, my goal is to create an area where the player spawns at the start of the game, for example a house, but then beyond that house the world is infinite and random like the one you created. How would I go about doing this? I just want a constant starting point, but then beyond the starter area for the world to be randomly generated. Is this possible? If you could give me some insight on this you would be a huge help!
    I think I can answer this question

First of all,locate the chunk and near chunks your character will start;
    Write a class derived from VoxelActor,and override the GenerateChunk function to make your house.
    Finally spawn your new VoxelActor instead of the old one if the chunk is near your start location.

That's not difficult I think

I have another problem : the Direction Light and Sky Light still works when I was underground. How to fix this?

Infiltrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Se7eNHea7eN View Post
    I think I can answer this question

First of all,locate the chunk and near chunks your character will start;
    Write a class derived from VoxelActor,and override the GenerateChunk function to make your house.
    Finally spawn your new VoxelActor instead of the old one if the chunk is near your start location.

That's not difficult I think
    Oh ok thank you! I think this makes sense, so I will go and try this out!

Promoter
    I updated the plugin to 4.13.1 version of Unreal Engine. I worked on the new sky look,a mbient occlusion, field of view and C++/blueprint simplicity.
    I am going to add new features soon like water and NPCs. I also want to make finding/loading savegame files compatible with other operating systems (not only Windows).
    Thank you for support and I hope you like my work.

Name:  5_thumb.png
Views: 826
Size:  820.8 KB

Infiltrator
    Are you going to upload this at the Unreal marketplace too?

Thanks in advance!

Champion
    Awesome work, keep it up! Do you plan to add underground resources & cave generation? Or biomes maybe?

Any news on upcoming documentation on changing stuff or adding in crafting and NPC. I think crafting and NPC's are all that's needed to make it a full game kit.

Promoter
    Hey guys! I updated plugin to 4.15. Also decreased price from 69.99$ to 59.99$. If you are interested you can purchase it here: https://sellfy.com/p/Ho2F/
    I am going back to recording UE4 tutorials on my YT channel http://youtube.com/UnrealTefel
    Last months were very busy for me. I moved to Munich (Germany) and started working with UE4.

Promoter
    Here is my new plugin: https://sellfy.com/p/BAjO/
    Soon I will post more info and video I recorded

Name:  2dda9658d1bf77d1eb44b256f3b2885f.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  123.8 KB

Some funcionality:
    - autosave and custom sets for assets
    - list of recently used assets
    - getting assets from opened windows, content browser, paste from clipboard
    - detailed statistics about assets
    - generating TArray - easy to use
    - renaming, deleting, opening, browsing etc

Big Thanks To Tefel,
    I started the video series and ended up with the following. And being new to C++ am amazed its working.
    I had a few issues with some areas he skipped over but finaly found some solutions to them.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?138875-Proc-Created-Voxel-World-How-Do-You-Get-elementID-into-BP

Above: I edited the code slightly to include gold diposits for a mining business game. The idea being you buy equipment and need to stay in business by drilling for the resources. Oil, Gas and so on.
    IndieDb: http://www.indiedb.com/games/proc-block

I hope he carries on this procedural voxel video series (even though it was a challange, not a tutorial) as there is surely a lot more that can be done with this system.

hope to see more videos on this stuff soon Tefel as this is great stuff.

PS. I need your paypal to donate some cash and hopefuly get a save and seed script from you. Sadly $60 is too much for someone who makes free games.
    Last edited by survivaluk; 03-08-2017 at 02:31 PM.
    Games Under Development - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Tefel View Post
    I updated the plugin to 4.13.1 version of Unreal Engine. I worked on the new sky look,a mbient occlusion, field of view and C++/blueprint simplicity.
    I am going to add new features soon like water and NPCs. I also want to make finding/loading savegame files compatible with other operating systems (not only Windows).
    Thank you for support and I hope you like my work.

Name:  5_thumb.png
Views: 826
Size:  820.8 KB
    Hey, I plan to buy the source code in the next few days and thought maybe you can give me a bit of a direction of how to add lakes, caves and different biomes? It will be very helpful, thanks you anyway :P

Promoter
    That sounds really good. Of course I can give you some advices about lakes, caves and different biomes when you will be implementing it. Good luck!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123