User Tag List

Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Objective Waypoint System

  1. #1
    1

    Cool Objective Waypoint System

    Objective Waypoint System that finds the shortest path to the Objective Actor.

    Objective Waypoint System offers you two different modes.

    Spawn Mode:
    Spawn Mode lets you spawn Waypoint Actors from Character location to Objective Actor. You can define how many meshes to spawn and the distance between each mesh.

    Spline Mode:
    Spline Mode lets you draw a Spline from Character location to Objective Actor.

    Both Modes support constant update at given intervals as you move the character and the Waypoint System will always try to find the shortest path from Character to Objective Actor. You can also set the Waypoint System to specific Navigation Query Classes.

    Blueprints:
    *Waypoint Actor Component
    *Custom Enum to select between 2 Waypoint modes
    *Ability to find waypoint to world location from minimap
    *Objective Actor
    *Waypoint Actor

    Level:
    *Example Maze Level

    Textures:
    *Tileable Mask Texture

    Changelog v1.2
    * Added shortcut key for toggling Minimap (Default: E)
    * Added a text on HUD that shows how to activate the existing waypoint

    Changelog v1.3
    Updated to 4.15
    *Added multiplayer support out of the box
    *Objective Actor will now be set dynamically (if not assigned) in-game (See FindPathToActor in ThirdPersonCharacter Blueprint)
    *Renamed private functions with Internal_* prefix
    *Fixed incorrect rotation of some waypoints at corners
    *Fixed minimap path finding not working properly
    *Fixed incorrect objective marker position in non-native screen resolutions

    Created by Satheesh Pv @ryanjon2040-Lead Programmer at YetiTech Studios

    Purchase

    *Please Note. We will have minor price increments for future updates so purchase while the price is low.

    Objective Waypoint System v1.0 [Preview]


    Objective Waypoint System v1.1 [Update #2]
    Last edited by YetiTech Studios; 02-17-2017 at 03:52 AM. Reason: v1.3 Update submitted

  2. #2
    0
    Nice work, can you tell me if your system can be use for open world game like a GPS ?

  3. #3
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePoetikAngel View Post
    Nice work, can you tell me if your system can be use for open world game like a GPS ?
    You mean like click on minimap and then update the waypoint location to that?

  4. #4
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
    You mean like click on minimap and then update the waypoint location to that?
    Yes, and follow the "road/path" on the minimap

  5. #5

  6. #6
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
    Hi @ThePoetikAngel...Is this what you are looking for?

    Oooh ! Yes it is !

  7. #7
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePoetikAngel View Post
    Oooh ! Yes it is !
    Hi, @ThePoetikAngel!

    We will be submitting an update tomorrow with a minor price increment so if you have not purchased please do so while its still $9.99. Thank you!

  8. #8
    0
    Would this work in VR?

  9. #9
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaidenknopka View Post
    Would this work in VR?
    Hi, @Zaidenknopka!

    Finding goal actors in the waypoint system should work in VR.

  10. #10
    0
    Our Objective Waypoint System has been updated to add minimap functionality! @ThePoetikAngel

    Change Log:

    * New function for finding path to location
    * Ability to find waypoint to world location from minimap
    * Renamed StartFindingPath function to StartFindingPathToActor
    * Updated Overview map to reflect new changes

    Objective Waypoint System Preview v1.1 [Update #2]:

  11. #11
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by YetiTech Studios View Post
    Our Objective Waypoint System has been updated to add minimap functionality! @ThePoetikAngel

    Change Log:

    * New function for finding path to location
    * Ability to find waypoint to world location from minimap
    * Renamed StartFindingPath function to StartFindingPathToActor
    * Updated Overview map to reflect new changes

    Objective Waypoint System Preview v1.1 [Update #2]:
    Awesome ! Thank you for that I really appreciate

  12. #12
    0
    Hi, we like the look of this. we are trying to implement an information system for architectural use, for instance, lets say i have several blocks, each one representing a shop unit. I want to know the closest entrance, the closest lift, the closest escalator, the closest car park to that block.. I think this system will work for my needs correct? I just need to display the distance and possible 3/4 different coloured arrows to each of the possible variables. once i click on another block i get updated info / arrows... Therie is no pawn / character running about, it'll all be mouse hoovering over a mesh (not an actor if possible as i have hundreds!)

  13. #13
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by THINKTANK View Post
    Hi, we like the look of this. we are trying to implement an information system for architectural use, for instance, lets say i have several blocks, each one representing a shop unit. I want to know the closest entrance, the closest lift, the closest escalator, the closest car park to that block.. I think this system will work for my needs correct? I just need to display the distance and possible 3/4 different coloured arrows to each of the possible variables. once i click on another block i get updated info / arrows... Therie is no pawn / character running about, it'll all be mouse hoovering over a mesh (not an actor if possible as i have hundreds!)
    Objective Waypoint System always finds the shortest path possible. You can modify this system to support multiple waypoints (with different colors as you said).

    If I understand you correctly then I think you have several blocks (for example 10) with lots of entrances, lifts, escalators etc and you need to find the closest of everything for each block. If that's the case then you can add the WaypointComponent to your Block actor and each block can iterate through your required things (entrance, lift, escalator etc.) to find the closest path.

  14. #14
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by YetiTech Studios View Post
    Objective Waypoint System always finds the shortest path possible. You can modify this system to support multiple waypoints (with different colors as you said).

    If I understand you correctly then I think you have several blocks (for example 10) with lots of entrances, lifts, escalators etc and you need to find the closest of everything for each block. If that's the case then you can add the WaypointComponent to your Block actor and each block can iterate through your required things (entrance, lift, escalator etc.) to find the closest path.
    Thanks Yeti, doesn't the way-point component require being attached to a character?

  15. #15
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by THINKTANK View Post
    Thanks Yeti, doesn't the way-point component require being attached to a character?
    Objective Waypoint System is a Component so you have to add it to an Actor based class. Since its a non-scene component you cannot attach to other scene components (like StaticMeshComponent, SkeletalMeshComponent etc.)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •