Getting Static Mesh vertices, triangles and uvs data for later manipulation

Hi there,
I’m trying to create a procedural level with custom meshes. Each mesh is built with custom data (triangles, vertices, uvs) to keep the aspect of some parts of the mesh.
Like the door hole of a wall: if you resize the wall, the door hole keeps the same size as defined before resizing the wall. This allows me to create custom sizes for each part of the mesh.

My problem is that is really hard to deal with this amount of data from scratch or even with an external software because of the differences with UE4 when handling this data.

So I would like to import a static mesh, get it’s vertices, triangles and uvs, and then create a custom mesh with this data modified by the procedural algorithm.

Is this possible using blueprints only?

I’m not familiar with C++ at all.

Thanks a lot!

As someone also knee deep in the procedural end of unreal I gotta +1 this as a neat feature, extracting data from a model sounds great

Do you think that this should be a feature request?
I’m not sure if it could be done with the features that UE4 already has for blueprints…

has gotten vertex positions of a vertex mesh forted here in code, no idea about blueprints - maybe worth a feature request for his Victory BP plugin?

yes, actually his plugin covers a part of the request, but it looks like it gets vertex data only.
I’ve seen his post before and had the plugin installed but I’ve missed that post about getting vertex data, so thank you for pointing that out!

At least now I can deal with vertex data… I’m missing triangle and uv data.