Sun Temple Now in Google VR

Preface, the Sun Temple project demo has not been optimized because I wanted to see how much of the glorious graphics would come over. Yes it is laggy (curiously even more so on the Nexus 6P versus the Nexus 6) and only works with a D-Pad but this is closest I have seen of the potential of killer graphics on a (common) mobile VR platform and make oToys and Vrays Cube maps, look well static since you only have one point of view. I can see this being being extremely useful in architectural visualizations, medical and other areas that don’t necessarily need fast refresh rates (per say) but quality realistic graphics. I would interested in how this performs on a Galaxy S7 even without ‘N’ because the cool thing is that it will fall back to Cardboard, which performs pretty well with any of the newer Snapdragon 820s.

The zip file contains APK for ARM7 and ARM64, as well as both with either OpenGL ES2 and ES3. D-Pad enabled (will work on push the optimization up and adding Gamepad controller functionality)

Enjoy, but remember this could be nauseating on older phones, so best to limit movement.

Also, even though HDR enabled had worked on my First Person GVR demo, it did not here, blacking out the left screen. I also feel the low-persistence mode is not optimized and actually make the experience worse. Judge for yourself. I also will add Daydream emulated controller to it as well.

Gdrive link to folder with all Google VR demo apps and UE camera panos.

The last image is the new NEODiVR uPLAy with large laser cut Fresnel lenses with optional snap-in eye cups. Not shown is the pocketable headband & headband/phone adjustable mount bracket. Hope to be out by the time you get your new Google VR certified phone. :slight_smile:

Tip!

For those, who install it via .bat-file:

• Open .bat-file with Notepad++
  • On the third line, you’ll see something like this:
    “if “%ANDROIDHOME%”==”" set ANDROIDHOME=E:/NVPACK/android-sdk-windows"
  • Instead of “E:/NVPACK/android-sdk-windows”, write your own path for AndroidWorks’ SDK

For example, for my path:
“if “%ANDROIDHOME%”==”" set ANDROIDHOME=J:/AndroidUnrealEngine4/android-sdk-windows"

He-he-he, Z1 Compact(Snap800)
SunTemple both - ES 2 and 3.1
GVR_FPS - ES2

How did you managed to deploy the apk for google vr ? it always fails on my side, although i have api 21 installed and follower the wiki setup :frowning:

It’s broken in preview 5, but previous version and current version on GitHub is working correctly

hey! Thanks, luckly the GitHub version is compiling right now. Thanks!

It should also be available in two days when the release 4.12 as well. Hopefully it will fix the Vulkan crashes on both the Nexus 6 and 6P