Problems with foliage lighting and 4.11

Hi all,

I hope this is the right place to post this.
After updating to 4.11 (.1 or .2 doesn’t matter) I have not been able to bake my lighting properly with an external scene of mine, all the foliage looks really weird, no matter the render settings.
On 4.10 I would have some issues but eventually it would work, but now it always renders like this:

Note:
Not all tress are using foliage, the ones that look fine were not placed using foliage.
The render in question was done on production quality, but I’ve tried with preview as well.
The scene has a skylight and a directional light both static, there are some more static lights inside the building.
The resolution for the foliage is set to 8, but that was me trying new settings, before the trees would vary from 16 to 32 (and it worked fine on 4.10).

070b67cb7d54918b8676bbc2bc91b0900b8b285c.jpeg

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi Lmourao, thanks for this report.

I wasn’t aware of this regression and I’ve entered a high-priority ticket UE-31430 to get it fixed.

Cheers

Hi, I can’t reproduce this error. Is it specific to that tree mesh or does it affect all foliage? Would you be able to upload your project for us to look at?

Sorry if this message is duplicated, I had written a reply but I’m not sure if didn’t go through.

So the trees are the only black ones I believe, the others are just washed out.
I " solved" the problem by exporting the fbx, merging in chunks, unwrapping and reimporting, which is not a solution at all… Anyway I will try to revert to a previous version of my file to upload.
Is there an specific place I can upload this to?

Thanks for your time!

If it’s under 5MB (I know that’s quite small) you can upload it to AnswerHub, otherwise we suggest you upload it to something like / google drive / MS onedrive etc and give us a share link.

Thanks!