User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 260

Thread: Landscape Architect

  1. #41

  2. #42
    0
    Didn\t read the whole thread. If the question was asked I am sorry, but having little time on my hands forces me to just ask.
    What are your intentions with this, are you planning to release it as a plugin on Unreal Marketplace? Or is this a modified engine version? What version does it support now, and - is there a way to get a "Pre Alpha" purchase from you, like, right now? Cause, this is sweet and personally a must have, must buy tool.
    More, is there a possibility of that thing to work on mobile phones (of course a lighter version)?

  3. #43
    1
    Hi Ali,

    You mentioned that the voxel terrain took some time to build, what sort of time frame are you finding for this? (5 seconds, 10, 50?)

    p.s. glad my tute helped

  4. #44
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-enzyme View Post
    Didn\t read the whole thread. If the question was asked I am sorry, but having little time on my hands forces me to just ask.
    What are your intentions with this, are you planning to release it as a plugin on Unreal Marketplace? Or is this a modified engine version? What version does it support now, and - is there a way to get a "Pre Alpha" purchase from you, like, right now? Cause, this is sweet and personally a must have, must buy tool.
    More, is there a possibility of that thing to work on mobile phones (of course a lighter version)?
    @Z-enzyme It's designed as a plugin intended to be released on the Marketplace. The engine code wasn't modified and it should support earlier versions too. I'm building it on 4.11. It should work on mobile devices too. I'll test that and let you know

    is there a way to get a "Pre Alpha" purchase from you, like, right now? Cause, this is sweet and personally a must have, must buy tool.
    Thanks for your interest! I'll need to get a few more things done (like voxel terrain editing, more basic features on the heightmap graph node editing etc) before I can release an early access version. I'll keep you posted

  5. #45
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ioFlow Studios View Post
    Hi Ali,

    You mentioned that the voxel terrain took some time to build, what sort of time frame are you finding for this? (5 seconds, 10, 50?)

    p.s. glad my tute helped

    @ioFlow Studios For the above frost scene, it takes the following time

    Multi-Threaded:
    With collision: 7.0 sec
    Without collision: 5.1 sec

    Single-Threaded
    With collision: 12.8 sec
    Without collision: 6.0 sec

    This is for calculating 16x16x2 patches of voxels data, each having 32x32x32 cells within a patch. Each patch is sent to a thread to be calculated

    The bottleneck now seems to be in the rendering (once the threads calculate the voxel data and all the vertex/index data) it queues it in the render thread to actually create the meshes. I didn't get time to profile this further. I'm sure there's more room for improvement

    Last edited by Ali Akbar; 05-29-2016 at 10:56 PM. Reason: typo

  6. #46
    2
    Procedural Frost scene created using Landscape Architect


  7. #47

  8. #48
    1
    Luminary
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,676
    I really like how this is coming along

  9. #49
    1
    Applied tri-planar texturing based on the vertex world coordinate. This is done within the material and UE4 provides a function for it






  10. #50

  11. #51
    0
    Awesome work, Ali!
    Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

    Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

  12. #52
    0
    Sensational stuff Ali!

  13. #53
    0
    Looks amazing, can't wait to get my hands on this, as usual.

  14. #54
    0
    Luminary
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,676
    Hey Ali,
    Got a few questions -

    1. With the voxel terrain how good is the performance?
    2. Will this plugin be compatible with City Architect?
    3. With the height mapped terrain and voxel terrain how much artistic control will we have over the generation?

    Thank you for your time,

    HeadClot

  15. #55
    0
    Hi Ali, this looks really amazing. I only found the City and Dungeon threads recently and it's so inspiring to see these kinds of tools being developed.

    This does remind me of the best elements of World Machine. Personally I find WM great for generating landscapes but not so great for manipulating the results on a human scale, which I attempt to do in UE4 with inconsistent results. So if you can get the editing tools useful I'll be purchasing this I think.
    On the forum, Kev will do.

  16. #56
    0
    Hello ali,
    about workflow : what I imagine is that, for a Voxel based WF.
    - blocking out level in BSP brushes (or any brushes-like thingy) in UE4. It's grey boxing, with appropriate metrics for gameplay draft. At this step, we can even imagine using a Dungeon Architect "node-based" generation.
    - using the brushes in a voxel-based tool, ether in-engine, or out of the engine (external editor). In this "tool" or editor, adding details to the basic structure, specifying biome (ie. material or at least some tags to be used in UE4 as material ID), if possible with the help of procedural generation. Adding non-gameplay essential part, repeat some gameplay zone by procedural generation, add some random dungeons or caves now and then, for variety (if exploration is game feature).
    - back in UE4, placing props, hazards, interactiv environment, instanced-based foliage and such, basic lighting.

    Test, and repeat, till gameplay validation is acquired, then go on with the lighting and polish phase.

    The point here is that for now, gameplay need a human based-tweaking (at least, til Deepmind learned the trick).

    Before seeing your post about landscape architect, I planned to use VoxelFarm , which I tested. Its simply incredible. The L-system base generation for structure is absolutely fantastic (and reminds me of your own node-based generator, the principle being basically the same). The next iteration of this tools is planned in august, and it will include a plugin-based UE4 integration (which is not the case for now, it's using some remoting). They now have a "mesh-based" generator that can take any mesh to use as a basis of a voxel world. Yet, is a tool outside of UE4, and yet another editor to master in the workflow, and costly licence...

    regards,

  17. #57
    0
    Is it only generating landscape in Editor mode? Can it do in runtime game?

  18. #58
    0
    I don't know how this is handling things presently, but could you add support for baking voxel terrains and manually sculpting them?

    Random generation is great, but has its limited uses on its own.

  19. #59
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Read View Post
    Is it only generating landscape in Editor mode? Can it do in runtime game?
    Voxels can be generated at runtime. I haven't investigated heightmap based terrains. From what I saw a while ago, the engine leaves out the landscape editing interface on the shipping build

  20. #60
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabsterpal View Post
    I don't know how this is handling things presently, but could you add support for baking voxel terrains and manually sculpting them?

    Random generation is great, but has its limited uses on its own.
    @Fabsterpal It'll have a brush, volume and blueprint interface. I haven't gone much far into this yet

  21. #61
    0
    Hey there @Ali Akbar, any news on this system? Looks incredible ))

  22. #62
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hippowombat View Post
    Hey there @Ali Akbar, any news on this system? Looks incredible ))
    @hippowombat I recently resumed work on it. I'm currently focusing on the Heightmap tool. I'll keep you all updated

  23. #63
    1
    The heightmap graph processor now works on arbitrary sized resolution. This is useful for instant feedback in the preview when you change any parameters (the graph is run on a smaller sized heightmap texture for super fast preview. Then a high resolution heightmap texture is processed for a detailed preview that happens in the background and updates the preview when ready



  24. #64
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Akbar View Post
    The heightmap graph processor now works on arbitrary sized resolution. This is useful for instant feedback in the preview when you change any parameters (the graph is run on a smaller sized heightmap texture for super fast preview. Then a high resolution heightmap texture is processed for a detailed preview that happens in the background and updates the preview when ready


    When is this planned to be released on the marketplace?

  25. #65
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo8026 View Post
    When is this planned to be released on the marketplace?
    Soon. It would be released with the Heightmap builder. The voxel builder would follow as a free update

  26. #66
    0
    Added multi-threading support on the height map builder. The build is now fast

  27. #67
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Akbar View Post
    Soon. It would be released with the Heightmap builder. The voxel builder would follow as a free update
    So is this something as capable as world machine or world creator or is this just to supplement those software?

  28. #68
    0
    I modelled a few functions to apply as filters on the height data map. (terrace node)

    Here's the stair function that takes NumStairs and produces a XY graph like this between 0 and 1. I'll apply this function over the heightmap to get nice terrace platforms



  29. #69
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo8026 View Post
    So is this something as capable as world machine or world creator or is this just to supplement those software?
    It will not depend on an existing terrain generator. The generation / material management / path creation etc would be handled within the plugin without leaving the editor

  30. #70
    0
    Will it work alongside LAM?

  31. #71
    0
    I haven't worked with LAM. I'll purchase it and have a look later. From the videos it looks like it works on any landscape and it should work

  32. #72
    0
    Terraces!





    Without terrace node



    I've created the framework for filter nodes. Adding new filters should be easy. I'll have more tomorrow

  33. #73

  34. #74
    0
    Oh man, Ali, you are the master

  35. #75
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ioFlow Studios View Post
    Oh man, Ali, you are the master



    I'm working on a Voronoi generator. This will be one of your input generator to the height field (like perlin noise)

    A quick prototype in C#



  36. #76

  37. #77

  38. #78

  39. #79

  40. #80
    0
    Added a combine node that combines the heightmap based on customizable influence

    Here I combine the output of perlin noise and the voronoi nodes




    With erosion


Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •