Should I even bother posting Unreal Marketplace reviews on the forums?

It seems that like 100% of the forums on the internet do not want to hear the truth or even allow accurate reviews of anything and I doubt that the Unreal forums are of any exception either. I have made several videos to warn others to avoid purchasing certain products on the Unreal Marketplace due to the fact that you are paying REAL money for virtual items and on top of that the people selling these products are willing to remove negative comments simply because they want to fool other people into buying their poorly made products that they are intending to sell.

I feel that it is my duty to review these products and let people be aware of what they intend to buy. There needs to be transparency and integrity to insure that there will be as minimal of buyer’s remorse and doing refunds on poorly made Unreal marketplace products. I have already experienced firsthand of these products and I even have to take the time out of my own hands to send requests for refunds of these products because I have no intention of buying a bad product that neither justifies the price or it’s intended purchase.

To make things simple. Will it become an issue sharing my videos on the forums about reviewing certain Unreal Marketplace products regardless whether the feedback given is positive or negative?

I have no intention of sharing my videos on the forums if there are badmins intending to flag me for simply telling the truth.

This is a message intended for the admins/moderators on the Unreal Forums more than anything and I would rather be aware than to simply cause problems when it could be avoided in the first place.

5/21/2016 Edit - You can check out my YouTube channel for Unreal Marketplace Reviews .

I dont think that anyone has the right to deny reviews.
But they have to be constructive neutral and stuff.

I think if you make a channel reviewing assets on the MP that would have lots of subs.
Just do it and look what happens.

I think you totally have the rights, its your money at the end so. :slight_smile: do it!

I dont think that anyone has the right to deny reviews.
But they have to be constructive neutral and stuff.

I think if you make a channel reviewing assets on the MP that would have lots of subs.
Just do it and look what happens.

I think you totally have the rights, its your money at the end so. :slight_smile: do it!
[/QUOTE]

What concerns me the most are the moderators more than anything. I have no problem making the videos. The biggest problem is posting them .

Ok i hope a staffmember will give you an answer soon.

You need to know that mods are not working for epicgames.
So i summoned a Staffmember that works at epic directly :3

I myself have either purchased, or been hired to work with, UE4 Marketplace packs which were not worth the money (to me or my clients). Not having reviews will not influence my decision to continue working with the Engine or the Marketplace- however it’d be really shady to delete reviews from the forums. In fact, why are marketplace sellers even allowed to remove comments? They should just report them and the removal be at moderator discretion. I do think that reviews should be supported. In my opinion-

1. Marketplace comments by verified buyers should not be removed by the creator; only moderators if the comment is out of community guidelines.
  2. There should be a forum where verified buyers and other approved posters (say I was handed a ‘review copy’ and did a review) can post reviews- maybe a subforum in ‘Marketplace’?
  3. Reviews that ‘spoil’ a pack (BP Pack review with full screenshots of the BPs) should be edited to not interfere with selling the pack.
  4. Reviews can be tagged with a version number of the pack - and creators can tag their pack with a version number. Any outdated review automatically is labeled (not removed), but a reviewer can update the review if they choose- no obligation to do so.

-possibly-

1. In the case where a person has purchased a pack and slams the pack because they don’t have the technical knowledge to use it, and it can be demonstrated that it’s the buyer (let’s face it, it’d be really easy to prove this) the ‘review’ from the buyer that didn’t know how to use the pack can be flagged as such (or even removed).

If there are badmins, sounds like we need to get them removed, which shouldn’t be too hard at all, given a quick private message to UE4 staff. Please do post your reviews, I think they would be very helpful.

I have made quite a few videos about some Unreal Marketplace assets if you are interested.

Feel free to subscribe to my YouTube channel then. I am going to be uploading more videos soon so you can know which ones to buy and which ones to avoid.

Depends on how you go about it I suppose.

If you are posting your review in the comments related to the marketplace content, I personally see this as helpful to the community and a Good Thing ™.
If you are forcing people to go to a third party site to get the review, I personally see this as a form of spam/self promotion, far less helpful to the community and Not a Good Thing ™.

Having a a basic/partial review with a link to a more detail video falls into the former provided said basic/partial review provides some immediate and useful information.
From what I can see from your post and your comment , you are doing exactly that, so keep it up! :stuck_out_tongue:

If you reviews are sound and your content good, people will naturally watch and subscribe to your channel in addition to reading your comments and forums posts.

Edit : Watching Realistic Blueprint Weapons Video Review, you come across a too emotional, making it sound like a straight up opinion rather then a subjective review. Though that is just my opinion also :slight_smile:

Disclaimer: I’m one of the guys under fire from @anonymous_user_439f45e8

Since you’re reviewing stuff, it would suit you to let people review your work… I.e, you should enable comments on your youtube channel.

Your reviews would be proper reviews if you actually went through what they each had to offer. As it is now, you’re pressing play, and then criticizing if it is not to your liking or it is not working as expected.

If for example you dove into it and made the decals work, you could review the decals, and not just the delivery of them.
If you tried making your own weapons in RBW, importing your own models, implementing the system on your own character, you might be surprised as to what it really offers.

I have taken note of your complaints, some will be fixed, others will not. And I have decided to update the text in the description of my asset to clarify what the system is NOT. Because clearly you were expecting something you didn’t get when you bought RBW. As mentioned in your other thread, feel free to contact me for a refund if Epic doesn’t allow it.

You don’t need to watch the guy’s video to see the emotional part. His posts have similiar attitude.

If you are buying something for the sake of reviewing, you should be calm regarding the matter. Saying how you regret, how people should stay away from a certain product is not tied to reviews. You can tell what’s good or bad, but you shouldn’t take things personal even if it is a money loss. If you do it, it becomes “words of an angry buyer” and not a “review”.

Besides, Mr already agrees to give your money back incase Unreal Staff does not.

It is always good for people to tell whats wrong and whats right, in my template I gain alot of insights from it. But noone (including the early access buyers) going rampage about it. Keep things calm and continue to give your feedback. Noone’s going to hunt you down. But know that reviewing is not an easy task and in the end you might be the one that is wrong.

From my point of view you are just trying to generate clicks. It’s okay that you are sharing your opinion, but your reviews are super subjective and not useful at all. I would write that under your videos, but you’ve blocked your comment-section and you’ve blocked the dislike button. The other videos you have uploaded are totally off, too. Like the video you’ve named “TOTALBISCUIT GETS CANCER TOTALLY DESERVES IT”. If you are sharing stuff like this in other forums, you should be used to see your posts getting banned.

Anyways, this is not the right place to further rate your videos. If you enable the comment section in your videos, I guess you will get some constructive feedback.

It is hard being right when everyone else is wrong. I have been waiting for several months trying to refund some of these terribly made products and I literally had to review them with visual evidence just to prove it to Unreal staff on how bad they really are. They actually refused to refund me a single cent unless I personally provided them with factual evidence so I could get their approval.

I have no intention of buying anymore products from the Unreal Marketplace unless I get my money back otherwise I am throwing money into a bottomless pit with no return in investment.

“Oh wow! Such views! Too much objectivity for you to handle! You can’t handle the truth!”

I barely received about 66 views in two days and that’s for my most recent videos. I received more clicks for less serious videos so, making money from these videos isn’t exactly a priority. I disabled the YouTube comments and likes because they are abused by bots and YouTube as a whole has no intention of fixing this issue for several years and so therefore I will personally take care of that problem.

The YouTube comment system is garbage,the ratings are garbage and so is the community. If you like my videos watch them and if you don’t then go somewhere else. You are not forced to watch them, so deal with it.

And lastly I never shared my video “TOTALBISCUIT GETS CANCER TOTALLY DESERVES IT” on any forum. I have idiots that do that for me. You are bringing an irrelevant topic to a topic relevant to Unreal Marketplace items.

I made these videos so others can be aware of what they are getting in to before they buy anything before they regret it. I make my videos solely based on an OBJECTIVE perspective based on factual evidence and anything subjective comes second.

I gladly will accept you offer. I have no intention of wasting my time on broken and useless blueprints if they cannot work straight out of the box. I don’t spend my hard earned money to do their job on their very own products if I had to do it myself I wouldn’t need to be paying them anything for it. I made that mistake being gullible enough to think that these “developers” knew what they were doing but I guess I thought wrong.

The entire purpose of purchasing assets is to cut down on development time and increase productivity in which the exact opposite has been happening.

I am correcting my own mistake by requesting my money back in return and doing a deeper analysis before intending to buy anything poorly made.

I speak with my actions and not with my words. I intend to create my own blueprints that work straight out of the box,doing it right the first time and have people vote with their wallets and I respect that.

Look, the ‘developers’ you thought know what they are doing are just a couple of chaps sitting at home stitching the assets for the marketplace together. Everyone knows this. Nobody with a professional background in CG or game making submits stuff there. Then there are a few guys at Epic who get showered with marketplace submissions each day. Naturally, due to the masses, they waive stuff through. There is no sugar coating it. And its ok like this. The point of the marketplace is not to provide mouth ready assets, but to provide assets that give you a jump start for your own assets if you lack the time to invent them from scratch. People who buy from there, they do their ‘development’ in their free time, as their hobby, right? No professional working on a large scale project will buy from there. So the entire market place thing is really just between hobby guys, not even ‘indies’ as in real indie studios. Just hobby chaps. That said, some assets their really aim with high prices at the money of beginners who just do not know how easy it is to create background mountains and such.

Empty promises, empty promises…what has become of the world :slight_smile:

But, yes, I really dislike the idea that Epic is open-heartily selling things like 5 background terrains for $100. Is such cheap stuff. That’s just robbing beginners who do not know better and certainly crosses the line that moral integrity draws to separate good from evil. And if they do it, then they shall strengthen their man power to make sure no foul assets enter the place (Big words today!)

I’ve watched few of your videos and I have to say that these are the most biased and subjective reviews I ever saw…

Not talking only about Marketplace reviews, I’ve seen some of your game “reviews” as well. To be fair I don’t think reviews like this could help anyone… Sure it’s just my opinion

Yeeep. He seems more interested in telling people to subscribe and watch than anything else.

While the review process in the past was obviously pretty terrible (Given some pretty bad packs I’ve seen :stuck_out_tongue: ), it is certainly near-top-notch at the moment. <- Speaking from experience as a marketplace content creator.

I think one of the issues you may come across in your reviews (I’ve just watch two of them) is ultimately your attitude that you display is rather off putting.
You certainly brought up a few points and there that were legitimate, but your manner of pointing these out, as well as failing to recognize positives in the two I watched is what really stands out. Furthermore, it struck me somewhat that you may not hve a clear view of the purpose of things and what they’re designed for. This stuck out to me in your jungle review in particular.
While I have no interest in the Weapons pack or Jungle environment, there’s certainly positives in it, and the value is in the eye of the beholder as such.
If you wish for your reviews to be more considered by others, perhaps make them more informatively structured and less condescending.

Like most highly opinionated people they are always full of opinions and no substance. Because seeing as so many trolls are getting butthurt over the fact that I am being objectively correct you honestly expect me to lower to your level.

If you see it as my opinion then treat it as an opinion and simply ignore me if you don’t like it. I have no intention of stopping and this definitely won’t be the first time that I have always been objectively critical and received flak for being exactly that.

Expect more video reviews in the future. You can’t stop me and I certainly won’t.

It’s just your opinion and it will certainly remain that way. I already have made several video reviews in the past and at an excellent record.

Because YouTube is such an excellent way of communicating with their great comment system and their community is very mature and responsible enough not to act like total idiots. cough-12-year-old-brats-cough

Anyways if you want to communicate with me feel free to do so on the forums or on my twitter. I am definitely staying away from toxic social media sites as much as possible.