's Particle Toolkit Vol. 1

big update! (and warning)

***The pack, even the restructure and renaming of files has been accepted.
It might take a short while before the pack is up and I will keep you updated.
Keep in mind though that if you are already using the pack in your project it might be wise to not overwrite it with the new one as it might mess things up.
This imho is a small price to pay for all the new content and clearer folder structures.

The 4.11 version will still contain the old files and structure (without the new additions) so if in any case you want that/need that you can download the 4.11 version and move it to the required ue4 version yourself :).

Now Lets (somewhat) start with a video shall we :slight_smile:

https://.com/watch?v=CI3VYNawR8Q

Whats the main focus of this package?

I think its best to see it as a small tool-box-like package filled with all kinds of neat little things that will help you make awesome particles.
So yes, there are loads of particle effects available, and you can obviously use them to your liking…
But for me as the creator the main focus is providing you all with interesting content to make your own effects :slight_smile:

Get the pack here! https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/-s-a-particle-a-day-volume

So… whats in this package?**

Contains:

• 67 Particle effects

• 200 textures that can be used for a variety of effects

• 11 flip-books

• 9 gradients

• 23 masks

• 38 RGB Channel Noise Textures

• 45 Normal maps for UV distortion

• 30 gray-scale noise textures

• 50+ textures of the random variety (sprites, noise, normal, detail, etc.)

• 43 custom Static Vector Fields

• 180 static meshes usable for mesh-based particle effects

• 147 materials (for effects, models, etc)

• 77 material instances

• 6 Sounds. (created by Jan Kaluza)](https://www.broad-strokes.com/)

• 7 Showcase levels. better categorized.
    What I consider the most valuable aspect of this package:

• 25 Material functions, WITH examples for most functions.

And additionally 14 blueprints for showcasing the content, all approved by Celeste from Panda Studios!

Note: Not all the effects might be usable in games, and are only intended as a showcase to show off what can be done with the toolkit and because of that, I cannot fully support implementation for some of these particles into your game.

Old 4.11 version info:

[]

• 28 Particle effects.
  • 12 additional effects that where left over/not used during my particle-a-day project. (wind effects, explosions)
  • 13 Normal maps for UV distortion.
  • 25 Noise Textures, each filled with RGB and occasionally Alpha channels. (so that makes at least 75 noise textures)
  • At least 15 other RGB channel filled masks/textures.
  • 31 custom Static Vector Fields.
  • 110 static meshes usable for mesh-based particle effects. (and 10 more random meshes)
  • 8 Showcase levels. (Divided per week,and 4 screen-filling effects)

And what I consider the most valuable aspect of this package:

• 9 Material functions!

Not all the effects might be usable in games, and are only intended as a showcase to show off what can be done with the aforementioned textures, meshes, mat-functions, etc, etc.
Because of that, I cannot promise support on implementing some these particles into your game… but I will do my best :slight_smile:

[/]

Estimated price: around the 40 dollar range.

Additional links:**

Full “A particle a day/356” playlist:
https://www…com/playlist?list=PLuqNhfvpWXRjr1UoF1GGbZ-AUSss20gwN

“A particle a day/356” showcase playlist:
https://www…com/playlist?list=PLuqNhfvpWXRgsi10NqqAHgu9AXon_jxkE
alt: Luos's Particle a Day on Tumblr

“A particle a day/356” speedcreate playlist:
https://www…com/playlist?list=PLuqNhfvpWXRhJis0bGEWqS_PrNtCdKlZt

My Patreon page:
https://www.patreon.com/

Looks very cool and pro, gg :wink:

(PS: you made my day with your carrot particle)

This is a really wide range of complex-looking particle setups. Very cool for instructional use!

So gonna yoink this day one.

Where? Can’t find on the marketplace.

[=gbsr;554798]
Where? Can’t find on the marketplace.
[/]

It’s submitted, but not yet available.
It should be up around the 6th of july :slight_smile:

[=;554802]
It’s submitted, but not yet available.
It should be up around the 6th of july :slight_smile:
[/]

Awesooooome :smiley:

Weren’t most of the particles based on vfx from other games? If not entirely matching. It seems little high to be in the 40 dollar range if they are 1 to 1 match of another game meaning you would be forced rework them… The other thing is there no theme or general style, So you go from JRPG, Fantasy, Abstract and to Cartoon… I think it might be better for future packs to follow a specific theme cause there were a few particles I saw i wanted to review but at 40 dollars 3 to 5 particle systems isn’t worth that for me since the other don’t interest or reflect to the work I am doing.

[=Toukichiro;554829]
Weren’t most of the particles based on vfx from other games? If not entirely matching. It seems little high to be in the 40 dollar range if they are 1 to 1 match of another game meaning you would be forced rework them… The other thing is there no theme or general style, So you go from JRPG, Fantasy, Abstract and to Cartoon… I think it might be better for future packs to follow a specific theme cause there were a few particles I saw i wanted to review but at 40 dollars 3 to 5 particle systems isn’t worth that for me since the other don’t interest or reflect to the work I am doing.
[/]

This is based from a particle a day, so it’s not consistent because it’s not a pack that’s made to be consistent.

The price is up to really, and even if it’s not a consistent style he has no obligation to put this up on the marketplace. He just puts it on, and if people want it they’ll get it, but it really is up to him what he asks for it nor should anyone comment that the price is too high.

[=Toukichiro;554829]
[/]

Toukichiro! next time please read the innitial post:

[]
Whats the main focus of this package?

I think its best to see it as a** small tool-box-like package filled with all kinds of neat little things that will help you make awesome particles.**
So yes, there are loads of particle effects available, and you can obviously use them to your liking…
But for me as the creator the main focus is providing you all with interesting content to make your own effects.
[/]

The particles are only there to show you what can be done with all the new master materials, noise textures, masks, etc.

The amount of hours that went into:

[]

• 13 Normal maps for UV distortion.
  • 25 Noise Textures, each filled with RGB and occasionally Alpha channels. (so that makes at least 75 noise textures)
  • At least 15 other RGB channel filled masks/textures.
  • 31 custom Static Vector Fields.
  • 110 static meshes usable for mesh-based particle effects. (and 10 more random meshes)
  • 8 Showcase levels. (Divided per week,and 4 screen-filling effects)

And what I consider the most valuable aspect of this package:

• 9 Material functions!

(and more)

[/]

for this toolbox alone makes 40-ish dollars a steal.
If you want game-ready effects, instead of using some personal creativity and touches by using these neat meshes, textures, vector fields, particle focused material functions, or, if you are either lazy, need fast prototyping, or have no creative drop of blood in your body… then yea… I can understand why you’d go for a pre-made particle pack :slight_smile:

Ok, brain lost control over punctuation in that sentence somewhere :stuck_out_tongue:

As for some of them looking like effects from other video games, that is most certainly true, but they have always been given a personal touch, and are there mainly just to showcase the aforementioned content.
If you want to use those effects go ahead, but that is far from the main focus on this package.

[=Panda Studios;554894]
This is based from a particle a day, so it’s not consistent because it’s not a pack that’s made to be consistent.

The price is up to really, and even if it’s not a consistent style he has no obligation to put this up on the marketplace. He just puts it on, and if people want it they’ll get it, but it really is up to him what he asks for it nor should anyone comment that the price is too high.
[/]

hug
And I feel comfortable asking for this price.
Some of those material functions are close to giving away my edge on the kind of effects I make for clients.

[=;554982]
Toukichiro! next time please read the innitial post:

The particles are only there to show you what can be done with all the new master materials, noise textures, masks, etc.

The amount of hours that went into:

for this toolbox alone makes 40-ish dollars a steal.
If you want game-ready effects, instead of using some personal creativity and touches by using these neat meshes, textures, vector fields, particle focused material functions, or, if you are either lazy, need fast prototyping, or have no creative drop of blood in your body… then yea… I can understand why you’d go for a pre-made particle pack :slight_smile:

Ok, brain lost control over punctuation in that sentence somewhere :stuck_out_tongue:

As for some of them looking like effects from other video games, that is most certainly true, but they have always been given a personal touch, and are there mainly just to showcase the aforementioned content.
If you want to use those effects go ahead, but that is far from the main focus on this package.

hug
And I feel comfortable asking for this price.
Some of those material functions are close to giving away my edge on the kind of effects I make for clients.
[/]

My point was more or less if stuff doesn’t have the same style than those 25 textures 110 static meshes ect won’t work for everything… If a fraction of that works for my project the price starts to come more into play… I don’t think 40 dollars is a lot I bought cubic projectile pack which is 100… My point was without me seeing how much really works and just seeing a few particles that would, I can only assume that maybe 25% would be beneficial to my project. So, again my point above was because there no general style or theme it makes it harder for me to want to spend that much. My point wasn’t that the price was to high but in future packs you should have a theme, realism, stylized, jrpg ect… As far as commenting on price there no rule I am breaking making a comment on such. I as a individual who constantly buying stuff from the marketplace and actually followed his particle a day stuff, felt he should know why I wouldn’t buy it. Most people when buying stuff are trying to figure out how much savings they are going get out of something. Time vs Money… It extremely hard when he showcasing a bunch of particles with varied theme to figure out how much is there.

[]
My point was more or less if stuff doesn’t have the same style than those 25 textures 110 static meshes ect won’t work for everything… If a fraction of that works for my project the price starts to come more into play… I don’t think 40 dollars is a lot I bought cubic projectile pack which is 100… My point was without me seeing how much really works and just seeing a few particles that would, I can only assume that maybe 25% would be beneficial to my project. So, again my point above was because there no general style or theme it makes it harder for me to want to spend that much. My point wasn’t that the price was to high but in future packs you should have a theme, realism, stylized, jrpg ect… As far as commenting on price there no rule I am breaking making a comment on such. I as a individual who constantly buying stuff from the marketplace and actually followed his particle a day stuff, felt he should know why I wouldn’t buy it. Most people when buying stuff are trying to figure out how much savings they are going get out of something. Time vs Money… It extremely hard when he showcasing a bunch of particles with varied theme to figure out how much is there.
[/]

Take it from me, someone who has quite some experience with particles, that you can use any of the meshes to get any of the styles, and same with the textures.
A lot of the particles I made reuse and reiterate on textures, meshes, and materials made for previous effects.
Any other packs I’d make, besides the particle/356 thing will obviously be themed, but nonetheless this is a tool-bag, to create particles with… and not a ready-to-go package to plop down and play with :slight_smile:

And I can fully understand that this might not be the pack for you, and that is fine.

Interesting! I’m tempted to get the pack, just to check the material functions out. I’m especially intrigued by what custom code is needed inside the UV distortion panner, that collides with xbox and playstation. It looks very similar to a two layer uvdistortion with varying speeds, but that has been working fine on console for two generations so I’d love to see what this one does extra.

I agree with your approach of selling a toolkit. That will get a developer the most mileage beyond the prototyping phase.

[=partikelstudio;556172]
Interesting! I’m tempted to get the pack, just to check the material functions out. I’m especially intrigued by what custom code is needed inside the UV distortion panner, that collides with xbox and playstation. It looks very similar to a two layer uvdistortion with varying speeds, but that has been working fine on console for two generations so I’d love to see what this one does extra.

I agree with your approach of selling a toolkit. That will get a developer the most mileage beyond the prototyping phase.
[/]

Its actually quite like you said, two layer uv-distortion, and some of them have a few other small quirks for effects.
There are one or two though that do use custom code, but those might only work properly on pc.
Good point btw, need to add that in the nodes description.

hey everyone, the package is now available on the marketplace!

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/-s-a-particle-a-day-volume

Hey Everyone!
Package has been updated for 4.15 support, but due to the new tonemapper I will have to basically duplicate most materials and particle effects and tweak them to look good with both the old and new tonemapper.
due to this, and me close to finishing the second 28 partices it might take a short while before the new tonemapper is supported.

additionally, I hope to pick up the slack of the 2nd month soon and add these to this package as well.

Hey I bought the Fx a few months ago and everything is awesome! , your work is great.
I just bought a new computer and i’m trying to install the fx but unfortunately unreal doesn’t let me to re-download them and even “adding to project” is not working.
Let you a message on the Unreal-library but maybe you don’t check that too often and I might have more luck here.
thanks!

[=davidnk;686280]
Hey I bought the Fx a few months ago and everything is awesome! , your work is great.
I just bought a new computer and i’m trying to install the fx but unfortunately unreal doesn’t let me to re-download them and even “adding to project” is not working.
Let you a message on the Unreal-library but maybe you don’t check that too often and I might have more luck here.
thanks!
[/]

thanks for the kind comment!

Hmm, thats actually not something I have control over :confused:
You should contact one of the marketplace people for that problem.
I’ll forward the thread to them as well, but its always best to contact them yourself with problems like this.

[=davidnk;686280]
thanks!
[/]

Hi there…

When you moved to your new PC the best way to ensure that everything is installed correctly is by using VS2017 and selecting UNREAL LAUNCHER as one of the options. This ensures that all of the prereqs are loaded without issue. Once this is done, download the engine and your library should be listed. Since this is on a new PC, you will need to download your assets again, but by clicking on ADD TO PROJECT it should work. I know if the prereqs are not loaded it can cause issue.

Apologies if you have tried this already, but this has worked for me… Good luck!

teak

[=davidnk;686280]
thanks!
[/]

Hi davidnk,

This sounds like an error with the launcher. Please go to help.epicgames.com. We have a host of articles that may assist you. If you do not find an article that covers your specific error, please fill out the request form by pressing “Email Us” on the right side of the page.