Turret Kit - Fully modular and customizable AI turrets - New Features!

[HR][/HR]

**Hello everyone!
We’re happy to announce our latest release: Turret Kit!

The Turret Kit allows you to have Plug N’ Play AI turrets to react to the environment and players.
The Turrets are fully dynamic and modular and contains 30+ variables for you to edit and alter to change the behavior of the turret. 2 Different turret meshes are included and easily changeable to your own.

Marketplace: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/turret-kit
Want to get it already? You can pre-purchase it onour shopand already have it! Or directly at Itch.io

List of features:
Over 30 different variables to edit to alter the behavior of the turrets
Custom laser color
Custom laser length
Custom laser size
Team setup(Turrets listen to teams, perfect for multiplayer!)
Multiplayer compatible
2 Hit types(Line trace and bullet simulation)
Idle rotation fully procedural
Full control over particles, meshes and sounds to suit the turrets to your needs
Full bullet control(Speed, range, spread, gravity,…)
Includes homing projectiles
Allows for impact fx/sound
Turrets are damageable and breakable
Ability to toggle turret on/off
Engine versions 4.13 and up:
Checks if player is dead or not by simpel Boolean
Can be placed sideways!

Version Supported: 4.9.x, 4.10.x, 4.11.x, 4.12.x, 4.13.x, 4.14.x
Integration tutorial: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i1tuZjD9AdjYT2oLjK9iXBh3DTKamKHmNBxwLu2KKrE/edit?usp=sharing

3D preview: Turret Kit - 3D model by Panda Studios (@pandastudios) [0fd63b4] - Sketchfab

See the trailer and screens below!

Trailer:

I’ll be buying this as soon as I’m home XD any chance you’ll be adding more components to the torrent like for rockets or a minigun?

hello,
Very good work. i can’t purchase it because it is not compatible in 4.10… :frowning:

Hey Frosty!

Rockets are in fact already supported. The Kit has a Homing missile component, all you need is to add a rocket mesh/fx and maybe change the turret’s mesh to your own and it’s done :slight_smile:
As for the minigum, this actually is in fact also supported, just not with the mesh but you can make it shoot really fast.

Thanks Jago! And it’s indeed not compatible with 4.10, our apologies for that!

EDIT: Is now compatible with 4.9 and 4.10 too!

Ah I meant with the meshes :stuck_out_tongue: and when will it support 4.10? as I currently use 4.10…

Meshes might come, but not soon at all as those meshes are more scenario-based rather than the kit-based.

As for 4.10, sadly Unreal Engine can’t convert 4.11 files to 4.10.
If there is enough requests we can consider re-coding in 4.10 to allow that version support.

EDIT: Is now compatible with 4.9 and 4.10 too!

Good news! We’ve started downgrading this asset to support lower versions. Since downgrading involves re-coding it we cannot give an ETA as to when it would be done. We’re working on it hard and will try to push it out as fast as we can.

Good news! We’ve downgraded the project to also work on 4.9 and 4.10! :slight_smile:

Very good news ! :slight_smile: it is updated in your website for 4.10 ?
if yes i am going to buy it …

Yes, we just pushed the update and double checked. 4.10 is live :slight_smile:

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

No problem, let us know if you run into any issues.

I like this very much so far. Only would be nice if the turret would calculate proper shoot angle when the bullet have gravity. Also the bullet dont play emitter if not hitting target type but thats easy to tweak myself. Maybe the shoot angle is easy to add too.

Thanks for the bugreport for the emitter issue, We’re fixing this now and going to push the update later.

If you want to fix it yourself, in Bullet(BP) there’s a Comment box “To All clients”, the node in there also has to be connected to the previous false from “Does implement interface”.

Can you also elaborate a bit more on the shot angle as i’m unsure what you mean?

Turret shoots directly at target, but if there is gravity then the bullet may drop before reaching the target. With gravity, turret should shoot bit over the target to eliminate the drop effect. Making the turret to shoot slow grenades is good example.

So what you would like is the distance and location of the target to predict a curve to hit the player? If that’s not what you mean i might be understanding you wrong.

Exactly, :slight_smile: including the height difference between turret and target location.

Edit: Found the equation:

Edit: Got it working with this math expression:
(((power(v, 2)) - (power(((power(v, 4)) - (g * ((g * (power(x, 2))) + ((2 * y) * (power(v, 2)))))), 0.500000))) / (g * x))
After that also taking atan(degree) from the result. Small demo, still will make the turret also rotate.

Ah i know what you mean then. We’ll see if we can add this to the pack by default :slight_smile:

I bought it yesterday, and I absolutely love it. All of your assets are brilliant!