Training Stream - Making Game Ready AI, Part 11: Fast Forward a Bit

WHAT
In this multi-part series, will show you how to use all of the relevant systems and features (Behavior Trees, EQS, Navigation Meshes, AnimBlueprints, AnimMontages, and more) to design, create, and optimize AI for use in a game environment with all of the requirements and restrictions that go along with that.

After a bit of a break, we’re back and have cleaned up the project, implemented a few more things, and have gotten the project ready to be released to you all! We’re going to be talking about what we’ve done to the project (hud updates, selecting dudes, stat “stations,” fixes, etc…), where are we going to take the AI stream from here, and answering any questions you all ask!

Part 10

WHEN
Tuesday, April 19th @ 2:00PM-3:00PM ET - Countdown

WHERE

WHO

• Sr Training Content Creator

Feel free to ask any questions on the topic in the thread below, and remember, while we try to give attention to all inquiries, it’s not always possible to answer’s questions as they come up. This is especially true for off-topic requests, as it’s rather likely that we don’t have the appropriate person around to answer. Thanks for understanding!

Archive:

So, on the Stream, I informed you that I was going to upload this project. This is still happening, turns out I was a bit off on the timing for the creating of the new “logged in, upload project” forum.

I’m talking with now, trying to figure out a time frame. Hopefully before the end of the week… but ECGC is eating all the time! =)

On YOUTUBE I posted a comment that the tutorial wasn’t very good after a single video… Well, I was completely off base. Thanks for a great run of tutorials… Looking forward to studying the code too.

Thanks fer update , looking forward to it… been following since the first part/saved etc. Big help…

missed show the other day and did have questions but since I havent watched latest episode , you might have it covered so ill wait to ask ya. Thanks again.

Hey over here !

I just watched all of the “game AI ready” videos in the past 3 days and I’m here to post my 2 cents.

I didn’t follow your streams so it is a feedback based on the youtube videos.

First of all, a big thank to you guys! We definitely need a stronger tutorial base :slight_smile:

Few points you can improve:

• better fix what will be the purpose of a particular video (on-the-fly or not, choose where you’re going)
  • use your “video split into categories” idea and put timestamps in the video description to find each category easily
  • take a bit more time to explain how a particular feature is working before showing us how you use it
  • try to shorten the time when you go off topic (like finding where to spawn the apples)
  • split Blueprint and C++ tutorials, you can’t please both audiences with the same videos imho
  • I love a bit of fun once in a while but sometimes you spawn memes or funny pictures on screen in the middle of an explanation! :stuck_out_tongue:
  • sometimes, you forget to tell us where you’re going
  • more of a personal feedback: I would have loved to see you better link the animation with the behavior tree (even if you explained how you would theoretically set it up) (think Dark Souls 3)

So that’s it, I loved following you guys, I’m going to miss the sound of your voices in the next few days (that’s how vocal memory voice works I suppose).

Hope to watch your future videos soon!

Good luck & have fun in your projects :slight_smile:

EDIT: I realize it’s really hard to code that on-the-fly + live on stream and you did a really good job, keep up the good work :slight_smile:

I just finished this video series, and I just wanted to thank you guys for creating it. I learned quite a bit from it. Also did you guys ever upload the project? If not, is that still happening and is there a timeline for it?

Really eager to get the download - lost the plot a bit when the work was done offline before things got changed to C++

Any idea when this will be available to download?

Would really like to move my project along!

Many thanks for the streams.

Still no upload for the project?

Tumbleweeds, crickets and a .gif of a skeleton waiting patiently.

+1 upload project <3

+1 upload project <3

+1 upload project <3

+1 upload project

Did steal the project as he left, or what’s going on?

Bump.

10char

Well that was a great use of time been lost since all the off screen changes …
and still no Upload… lol