Ultimate Damage System | 100% Blueprint

Ultimate Damage System imbues functionality similar to popular animated FPS titles, but you can use it for any kind of Games.
100% Blueprint.

Features:

• Multiplayer Compatible | Base on PlayerState
  • Grenade,Item,ArmorType and Monster Database
  • Grenade with editable Chain Reaction -> GrenadeDB
  • Heal
  • Elements| Neutral | Fire | Shock | Corrosive | Cyro | Explosive
  • All Elements has his own DoT Particle, Impact Particle and Material
  • Critical Attack | Chance and Damage
  • Damage over Time | Status Effect | Damage is applied every X seconds, where X varies from one tick to the next
  • Particle Counter | for example; if 20 dot’s are active of one element, just one particle will be drawn, instead of all 20
  • Damage Popup System | Critical | Heal
  • Bullet Time | ServerBullettime and ServerBullettimeEnd
  • Scoreboard example | Name/Kill/Death/Score/Ping
  • 4 Examples: Third-Person-Shooter, Third-Person-Magican, Third-Person-Swordman, First-Person-Shooter
  • 3 free Mixamo models

Attack Stats:

• Min Damage
  • Max Damage
  • Attack Speed
  • Neutral Damage %
  • Fire Damage %
  • Shock Damage %
  • Corrosive Damage %
  • Cryo Damage %
  • Explosive Damage %
  • Projectile Speed
  • Projectile Spread
  • Projectile Gravity
  • Projectile Pierce Amount
  • Projectile Pierce Change
  • Aoe Damge
  • Aoe Range
  • Aoe Damage Fallout
  • Impulse Rate

Defence Stats:

• Neutral Defence %
  • Fire Defence %
  • Shock Defence %
  • Corrosive Defence %
  • Cryo Defence %
  • Explosive Defence %

Critical Attack:

• Critical Damage
  • Critical Chance %

Damage over Time:

• DoT Element
  • DoT Damage
  • DoT Chance %
  • DoT Duration

Armor Type:

• Flesh
  • Armored

(You can create unlimit Armor Types in the ArmorType_DB)

Grenades:

• Create freaky Grenades such like ‘Target search’, ‘Heal Grenade’, ‘Blackhole’, ‘Implode’, ‘Multi Explode’, ‘Fly Grenade’ and more.
  • You can combine all Modules to a one awesome Grenade!
  • Grenade Chain reaction example: Target search -> Fly Grenade -> 8 Explosion Grenades

Video:
v=WdW7ylRw7EY&list=PLmIXxTYlQ0i16V90GTbJ_WSjQ4syDESq2&index=1

if you have any questions or requests, please feel free to ask me.

Marketplace: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/ultimate-damage-system

Please rate our product if you buy it, very much appreciated!

Thank you for posting this thread.

Update v2.5:

• 4.12 Support
  • Fixed that non-Crit sometimes displayed as Critical Attack.
  • Renamed ServerSpawnProjectileTransform to ServerSpawnProjectile | Don’t panic, you don’t need to replace all used ServerSpawnProjectileTransform nodes in your blueprint after updating!
  • ServerSpawnProjectileFromID | You can use a specific ID, the ServerSpawnProjectile used your currently ItemID.
  • ServerSpawnProjectileStruct | Spawn Bullet’s without a specific ItemID.
  • ServerApplyDamageStruct | Apply Damage without a specific ItemID.
  • ServerApplyRadialDamageStruct | Apply Damage without a specific ItemID.
  • 2 new options in the Item_DB called "UseElementMaterial(boolean) and “BulletAmount(Int) | 0 = 1 Bullet | 10 = 11 Bullets”.
  • ServerSetItemStruct | Set the currently ItemID with custom values.
  • ServerSetGrenadeStruct | Set the currently GrenadeID with custom values.
  • Fixed that the ServerSpawnProjectile node did not automatically use the BulletClass from the ItemDB.
  • Fixed the ServerSpawnPopup that you see your own receive Damage from a AI.
  • Fixed Compile Error.
  • Simple AI example to show how to use the UDS for AI.

Update v2:

• Editable Scoreboard | Name/Kill/Death/Score/Ping | (Requested)
  • Better Multiplayer | Based on PlayerState
  • Impact Particle for every Element | (can be turn on/off for NPC/Player/World) | (Requested) | Preview
  • Fixed error on ‘DestroyActor’ with DoT activ
  • Area of effect Damage(Radius Damage) -> AoeRange in the ItemDB (0 = Disabled) | AoeDamageFallout | (Requested) | Preview
  • Heal | Preview
  • Server-side Item, GenadeDB, ArmorType and Monster Database | Preview
  • Grenades Chain reaction System | Preview
  • Bullet Pierce -> BulletPierce, BulletPierceChance in the ItemDB (0 = Disabled) | How many times can the Bullet Pierce the Enemy without Destroying them self | Preview
  • Removed “Release Trigger/Pull Trigger” from parent and add them to the examples (No Event Tick)
  • Editable Text Popup for Critical Damage and Heal | Preview
  • Reworked examples + a new Third Person Shooter example
  • Bullet “flight path” calculated via LineTrace ( SpawnLocation -> HitLocation"Crosshair"] ) | Preview

Hi CI-

Thanks for this Borderlands tribute. I Liked!!! ღ

But, has examples for attacks like Fire Weapon Attack and Melee Attack for instant testing and implementing purposes?
And exposed, defined variables to integrate in any RPG leveling systems or RPG/MMO templates/frameworks?

There is no problem to add a Leveling System.

I am not sure if I would allow the client to decide the amount of damage and then replicate that damage to the server. Seems like there could be a nice entry point to hack that (aka the ServerGiveDamage function above)

I do not have the Ultimate Damage system so I can not see exactly how things are implanted. Just going by the first screenshot with the ServerGiveDamage function.

EDIT: Changed in the new version.

Update 1:

Item,Grenade,ArmorType and Monster Database:

if you have any questions or requests, please feel free to ask me.

Hey, I would have another suggestion - how about radius effects ? A projectile could have a radius (upon impact) and based on the distance from the centre of collision (or hit oppo), there could be damage which would affect everyone around the collision in the given radius with a part of calculated damage stats. Hopefully, I made it understandable.

Thanks.

Thats a nice idea, good for the Explosive Element.

EDIT: Done | AoeRate | AoeDamageFallout

Showcase for the upcoming Update:

Ultimate Damage System V2 is now live!

The Ultimate Damage System V2 is now live!

What’s new?

• Editable Scoreboard | Name/Kill/Death/Score/Ping | (Requested)
  • Better Multiplayer | Based on PlayerState
  • Impact Particle for every Element | (can be turn on/off for NPC/Player/World) | (Requested) | Preview
  • Fixed error on ‘DestroyActor’ with DoT activ
  • Area of effect Damage(Radius Damage) -> AoeRange in the ItemDB (0 = Disabled) | AoeDamageFallout | (Requested) | Preview
  • Heal | Preview
  • Server-side Item, GenadeDB, ArmorType and Monster Database | Preview
  • Grenades Chain reaction System | Preview
  • Bullet Pierce -> BulletPierce, BulletPierceChance in the ItemDB (0 = Disabled) | How many times can the Bullet Pierce the Enemy without Destroying them self | Preview
  • Removed “Release Trigger/Pull Trigger” from parent and add them to the examples (No Event Tick)
  • Editable Text Popup for Critical Damage and Heal | Preview
  • Reworked examples + a new Third Person Shooter example
  • Bullet “flight path” calculated via LineTrace ( SpawnLocation -> HitLocation"Crosshair"] ) | Preview

Note:
-All updates are 4.9 - 4.11 compatible!
-Tutorials for V2 are coming!

Showcase

EDIT: Deleted

Im trying to follow your tutorial video about setting this up and there are call functions that don’t exist in the current version, so I can’t follow the video to set this up.

Can you provide updated information on how to import this into existing projects please?

Sorry I was really busy the last week, please give me 1-2 days to finish the version 2 tutorials.

Follow the first Step of the v1 tutorial video with the repareting part and add this to your Character Blueprint: http://i.imgur.com/2H80Xde.png
NOTE: Change the PlayerState to PlayerState_MP in your gamemode blueprint!

After that you can use all this functions (and more): http://i.imgur.com/LB2ACAn.jpg

The “SetAttackStats” node was removed because all AttackStats are handled in the Item_db.

v2 Tutorial now available

First v2 Tutorial are now available.

Thanks for the solid response and the video. Very helpful.

I do have question.

Can you explain how to set up a melee based npc character with this damage system?

I’ve looked at the swordsman example and attempted to put that onto a new melee character of my own but I couldn’t manage it.

&stc=1

So wrong. :slight_smile:

Could you show how to do this from scratch?

Also, thanks again for making this item. I’m having a great time learning about many Unreal features from using this.

Best way is to reparent your AI Character blueprint with Player_Parent, add your Enemy to the Monster_db (Name,HP,ArmorType,ItemID,GrenadeID,BlueprintClass,BehoviorTree).
Use the ServerSpawnMonster node to spawn the AI.

Custom Event ‘DoDamage’ (ActorReference, Vector)

Hope it can help you.

Thank you very much for the quick response. I’ll have a go tomorrow with it.

This system is amazing. You mentioned a leveling system, any way we could get some information on how we would make that work?