April #UE4JAM, April 14-17th. THEME: SPRING INTO THE FUTURE

Achievement Unlocked Game Developer Program

WINNERS!
Spring In The Future -
VR 2000 -
Grabbity - Broad Strokes

**THE RULES

• We will announce the theme on the April 14th stream, when the jam officially kicks-off.

• Make an amazing game by yourself or with a team (up to 5) around the given theme in Unreal Engine 4.

• Submit a download link to the SUBMISSION THREAD before **midnight on the night of April 17th/ morning of April 18th **including the following:

• Team Name

• List of Team Members

• Name of submission (Please format it with your team’s name attached ex. TeamName_GameName)
    After you post your submission, PM me with the email addresses of your team members (up to 5), the name of your team and the name of your project. That makes it easier to get in contact with so make sure to send that info over!

• A small panel at Epic will judge entries on the following criteria:

• Unique use of theme

• Fun factor

• Overall Visuals

• Detailed Rules

• Intel Sweepstakes

• UE4jam Rules
    All submissions will be featured in a highlight reel posted to our YouTube and shown on Twitch.

INTEL 750 SERIES SSD SWEEPSTAKES

All participants of the April UE4jam who submit an entry will be entered into a drawing to win a brand new 750 Series 400gb SSD. Four (4) SSDs will be raffled off during the revealing of the winner of the UE4jam on the April 28th livestream.

THE PRIZES

The top 3 submissions will receive an Epic Swag Box with all sorts of goodies, a “Game Jam Finalist” forum badge, a featured playthrough on the April 28th Twitch stream, as well as a highlight on Unreal Engine blog!

AIPD Keys

In addition to the Epic Swag Box, each member of the winning teams will be receiving a free copy of AIPD. You will have a choice of Xbox One, PS4 or Steam keys.

Houdini Licenses

In addition to the Epic Swag Box, each member of the winning teams will be receiving 1-year of Houdini Indie (including the Houdini Engine) provided by SideFX. This amazing tool can be used with UE4 through the official Houdini plugin.

Happy developing, and good luck!

Theme Announce Countdown](Time since Apr 14, 2016 2:00 pm started in Raleigh)
Submission Deadline Countdown](Time since Apr 18, 2016 started in Raleigh)

Streaming your work on Twitch? Let us know so we can follow along!
Are you on Twitter? Show off your work using the #ue4jam](hashtag/ue4jam?src=hash) hashtag!
Make sure you catch and JV’s streams of all the entries once the deadline is up: Twitch Twitch

**-------- PARTICIPATING TEAMS ****--------
In order to streamline the playing, judging, recording, and winners announcement process, we’re requesting that teams participating in the jam let us know beforehand in order to prepare appropriately for the event. We’ll update the list with links to the games afterwards, too, so can find your title without having to scroll through the whole thread :slight_smile: Pre-registration is not required for entry, and we know people will come in later, but it will greatly aid us in turning everything around quickly. We appreciate your help in making this event awesome :cool:

Please send myself a PM with your team name and number of team members and we’ll get you added to the list!

1. Materialise Team - Materialise
  2. t3am - Red Dwarf Harvest
  3. 's Half-Baked Games - Pogo To The Future
  4. A Puro Mate - Spring Into The Moon
  5. - Sakura adventure
  6. Derzo Studios - Futal Project
  7. Scorched - Our Only Hope
  8. OSIndustries - TimeRunner
  9. Mechanical Banana - Spring Rocket
  10. No Idea Team - Sprint to the future
  11. Rad Boys - SpringIsland
  12. Maxpower Games - Spring Theory
  13. - Spring in the Future
  14. Team Allshar - Chrono Glitch
  15. Shankem - Family Sim
  16. Crazy Monkey - The Art Of Spring
  17. Cartboard - FreezeFrameWorld
  18. Victory is Mine - HotSpringTimeMachine
  19. Imagine Studio - Through Time
  20. - V.R. 2000
  21. Alderbit - ChronoHoops
  22. Timer Games - The Snow Must Go!
  23. Shadow Ninja Games - Race to the Future
  24. Crackpot Gumption - Generations
  25. CurrentFrame - CatWhack
  26. Bananabread - LEAP
  27. Inclement Games - Trials of Parcae
  28. Cloth Cap Games - BouncingBack
  29. 2Games Studios - Time Rider!
  30. Shotgun Clown - SpringForward
  31. VoBa - Zombie Escaper 20XX
  32. Aesir Codes - Spring! Into The Future
  33. Jamming Games - Bomb-Bastic!
  34. DigiBotts - CLICKSPRING
  35. TrustAndLove - FutureSurf
  36. Boysenberry - Spring2066
  37. Neon Newt - Grasshopper
  38. Woeavatar - Platforming into the future
  39. Brogrammers - IJustWannaGoHome
  40. Enter studio - Spring into the future!
  41. Succubi in Hats - Rumble
  42. - The Lost Cave
  43. TinkurIt - SpringItOn
  44. V for Victory - Spring Into The Future
  45. Broad Strokes - Grabbity
  46. Rampaging Blue Whale Games - Spring Jumper
  47. Meatbags V2.0 - Gladiator Farm
  48. Hako - Leap
  49. FreshLemonade - ColonizeMars
  50. Alexotronic feat. Britt - NohlCraft + Squaky
  51. Od1n - SpringSavesTheFuture
  52. Tejas Queso - Time Balls
  53. Unforgiven - Time Fold
  54. Ormanator - TimeHopper
  55. Blue Magic - Blast Me Naut
  56. HeadFarmers - Spring Of Time
  57. LeoCurtss - At Your Service
  58. Vindicate Interactive - Time Pirates

Helpful Links for Jamming!

Official Sites

Getting Started Docs
Wiki Tutorials
Wiki Code Tutorials/Snippets
Training Videos
Tutorials and Guides
Blueprint Getting Started Thread
C++ Getting Started Thread

Youtube

Unreal Engine’s Official Youtube Channel
L Newton’s Youtube Channel
TeslaDev’s Youtube Channel
Mathew Wadstein’s Youtube Channel
Luos’ Youtube Channel

Tutorials and Guides

Tutorials by
Blueprint Guides by Romero
Gameplay Guides by

Going to be hard to top last month! Looking forward to it!

I’ll be doing a Vive game, want to let the judges know beforehand so they can prepare. :slight_smile: Others will probably join me later so I will send a PM once it gets sorted out. Good luck!

Woot! Can’t wait! Had a lot of fun last time :smiley:

Boarding the Jam Train!

can’t wait for this Jam!

Hi guys ! I am a 3D artist and a programmer (blueprint only). I already participated of a Unreal Game Jam so I know the rush !!!
here follows a link of my works.
https://rodrigomf.artstation.com/
any interested please PM me.

Aww yes! This time I can finally use my pc! Can’t wait :slight_smile:

I have just started building the Team, and will only be using people with absolutely No experience in programming or game design, or anything similar… so it should be amazingly fun no matter what we come up with.
rubbing hands together waiting for that theme

Good luck to!

I’ll be playing ya’ll games again this april as well. Twitch

Not sure if i’ll be joining the game jam though.

My wife is very pregnant, due date is any day now, so … hm… I’m in? Maybe. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to the theme.

Congratulations fellow devdad!

I’ll give it another go! On my own this time, and with much less free time over the period. Good luck!

Is someone looking for someone who is pretty decent in blueprints?

Are you still looking for newbies :slight_smile: ?

Just a heads-up, I changed the stream where we announce the winner to the 28th, we had a lot of scheduling conflicts with ECGC coming up.

My life is now in a place I can participate in this month’s jam and I am psyched! I am throwing a team together, shoot me a PM if you are interested in joining. I am proficient in blueprints and am also an experienced audio engineer. I have participated in 6 ue4jams so far and have worked solo and part of teams. If you are interested in joining a fun team and would like to lend your skills, PM me with your preferred role (coding (bp/c++) modeling, audio, animation, UI etc.), a link to some cool stuff you’ve made, your skype username so we can touch base easier, your familiarity with using source control in UE4, and your timezone.

Thanks!

p.s. I’ll also take invitations if you have a team and think I’ll be a good fit!

I have a Vive and sent you a pm if you’d be interested in teaming up on a Vive game. I’m looking forward to doing my first jam with it.

My First go. Really looking forward to making something fun

hi, i’m a passionate gamer, i would like to make a team and be a ue developer for fun, i’ve a proficient ue dev at my side , need some artists.
someone there? :slight_smile:

bye,

Sorry I didn’t find this sooner.
I have 4 now, but a 1 team size. An accountant in Indonesia, a construction company owner in Missouri, a driver and a math teacher in Kansas.

I wonder if my comments such as “even if it’s artwork done in crayon, I’ll use it” were misleading though, because they each offered to help “if needed” but didn’t know what they could offer.
So I may end up working alone - which in itself could be quite interesting. Not sure how I would go about building audio, mesh, material assets and designing everything from the ground up alone in such a short time… but others clearly do it, so I’m eager to find out.