User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (Now Live) Unreal Nexus - Create, Share and Experience

(Now Live) Unreal Nexus - Create, Share and Experience

Hello everyone,

Unreal Nexus has been launched. See you Nexus

Follow Unreal Nexus on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram

I am assuming you are going to allow the devs who upload, attach their License Agreements somewhere very visible.
    Looking for help in real-time or want to help others? Join us at UE4's Unofficial Chat courtesy of Discord. Find me: @victorburgos

Join me on stream: https://www.twitch.tv/victorburgos_ for UE4 Game Dev. If you need help, just stop by and ask!

Subscribe to www.youtube.com/c/victorburgosgames for UE4 Tutorials, Live Streams and also Past Streams.

Looks like a fun project. Looking forward to it!
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

**** awesome, just registered and left a little comment Btw is it normal that I can access the admin panel? I can't do much but it seems a little bit false to me xD

I just registered, the landing page looks great, waiting for the release
    Game Designer @ Masked Pharaohs ..
    I'm Providing Arabic Support For Any One ..

Quote Originally Posted by VictorBurgos View Post
    I am assuming you are going to allow the devs who upload, attach their License Agreements somewhere very visible.
    One important thing i forgot to mention is, at the moment users are expected to share their projects/games by their own link (for eg: Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by DamirH View Post
    Looks like a fun project. Looking forward to it!
    Great to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by TriNityGER View Post
    **** awesome, just registered and left a little comment Btw is it normal that I can access the admin panel? I can't do much but it seems a little bit false to me xD
    Haha Thank you for pointing that out. Should be fixed now.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Bedier View Post
    I just registered, the landing page looks great, waiting for the release
    Thank you

Looks great! I'm looking forward to see a new community come about. I signed up.

Signed up, and I already feel so excited! Community is getting better every single day.. cheers!

I've signed up, filled out my bio and stuff. Looking forward to seeing this in action!

By the way the admin panel is still accessible from all pages, I've clicked onto it but I haven't tried doing anything.

When you make a blog spot by the way does that automatically appear on the homepage then for everybody to see? Just trying to understand the layout.

Great stuff Satheesh. It's good to see that we're getting a hub for checking out Community Projects.

As a suggestion, it would be nice if this website would also be in the form of a mobile app. You know...some people use their tablets for tutorials. Also, it would be cool if the website could somehow emulate the Blueprint editor, on any platform.

Unreal Nexus Twitter, Facebook and Instagram is now available. You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Parvan View Post
    Looks great! I'm looking forward to see a new community come about. I signed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yahiya Jasem View Post
    Signed up, and I already feel so excited! Community is getting better every single day.. cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormrage256 View Post
    Great stuff Satheesh. It's good to see that we're getting a hub for checking out Community Projects.
    Thank you so much guys! Unreal Nexus got 100+ registrations now and its growing!!

Quote Originally Posted by JBroderick View Post
    I've signed up, filled out my bio and stuff. Looking forward to seeing this in action!

By the way the admin panel is still accessible from all pages, I've clicked onto it but I haven't tried doing anything.

When you make a blog spot by the way does that automatically appear on the homepage then for everybody to see? Just trying to understand the layout.
    Thank you JBroderick. Can you PM me the page links where you were able to access admin panel so i can fix it up. As for the blog post it will be updated almost daily with new Community stuff (remember its not just projects or games. It can be anything related to Unreal including assets, plugins, extensions and more) plus news, articles etc. We will also feature interviews with community members who make great stuff so everyone else can learn more.

Quote Originally Posted by mahri726 View Post
    As a suggestion, it would be nice if this website would also be in the form of a mobile app. You know...some people use their tablets for tutorials. Also, it would be cool if the website could somehow emulate the Blueprint editor, on any platform.
    That is a great suggestion mahri726 and the good news is we will eventually rollout an app for Unreal Nexus.

Registered

Looking forward to the release, love the idea to have such a central spot for unreal specific stuff. Especially looking forward to Phase 3 and the API/SDK, this could and will be really interesting.
    Engine(r)s - Deutsche Engine Community | https://enginers.de/

Hey maybe Chance or Alexander could feature your project during the next livestream on thursday

Sweet! Registered and looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by ExCluSiv3 View Post
    Registered

Looking forward to the release, love the idea to have such a central spot for unreal specific stuff. Especially looking forward to Phase 3 and the API/SDK, this could and will be really interesting.
    Thank you ExCluSiv3! Phase 3 will take quite some time to implement but it will happen.

Hey maybe Chance or Alexander could feature your project during the next livestream on thursday
    I hope they will feature after the website is released. But i dont mind being featured twice before and after release.

Quote Originally Posted by KoldKam View Post
    Sweet! Registered and looking forward to it!
    Thank you KoldKam!

This is a good initiative Satheesh, I think this can be a valuable addition to the community and I look forward to seeing it fully realized!

One thing that caught my eye though was that passwords were returned through email as plaintext. Do you plan to encrypt passwords in the future? This is a security concern for users who tend to use the same password on different sites (a bad practice, but a common one). I personally generate my passwords (I use Keepass), though I believe I am in a minority!

That being said, I'm excited to see this site take off

Quote Originally Posted by Grogger View Post
    This is a good initiative Satheesh, I think this can be a valuable addition to the community and I look forward to seeing it fully realized!

One thing that caught my eye though was that passwords were returned through email as plaintext. Do you plan to encrypt passwords in the future? This is a security concern for users who tend to use the same password on different sites (a bad practice, but a common one). I personally generate my passwords (I use Keepass), though I believe I am in a minority!

That being said, I'm excited to see this site take off
    Thank you Grogger

I'll look into encrypting passwords very soon. Thank you for bring it up.

Samaritan
    Ooh, just noticed we are only 2 days out! Looking forward to it!

This is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Amsirahc View Post
    Ooh, just noticed we are only 2 days out! Looking forward to it!
    Quote Originally Posted by hippowombat View Post
    This is awesome
    Thank you guys!

Please note that Unreal Nexus Store will also be launching very soon where you can sell absolutely anything related to Unreal!! (your games, assets, projects, C++ plugins, extensions)

Quote Originally Posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
    Thank you guys!

Please note that Unreal Nexus Store will also be launching very soon where you can sell absolutely anything related to Unreal!! (your games, assets, projects, C++ plugins, extensions)
    I seem to be having trouble registering, I fill out all the info, click Register, a spinny wheel pops up and does it's thing for a couple seconds, then nothing happens and the Register button becomes clickable again. I checked my email to be sure that I didn't need to confirm any account stuff via email, but haven't received anything.

I seem to be having trouble registering, I fill out all the info, click Register, a spinny wheel pops up and does it's thing for a couple seconds, then nothing happens and the Register button becomes clickable again. I checked my email to be sure that I didn't need to confirm any account stuff via email, but haven't received anything.
    You should get a Verify Email to your account and a welcome message too.

You should get a Verify Email to your account and a welcome message too.
    Is it typically pretty quick in terms of turnaround time or is it a bit of a delay? I've tried in Firefox and IE (I'm at work currently) and haven't gotten anything in my inbox and have gotten the same result on both. (not upset, just figured I'd relay it to you )

Is it typically pretty quick in terms of turnaround time or is it a bit of a delay? I've tried in Firefox and IE (I'm at work currently) and haven't gotten anything in my inbox and have gotten the same result on both. (not upset, just figured I'd relay it to you )
    It is typically pretty quick. Can you please tell me your name you use to register? I'll check now.

It is typically pretty quick. Can you please tell me your name you use to register? I'll check now.
    I just used the name hippowombat

Hey ryanjon2040,

Looks great, I am keen to see how things progress with this!
    One thing, I am having a similar problem to Hippowombat in that my registration email has not come through?
    I have pm'd you my address, no rush though

Keep it up mate!

Connor.
    Twitter: ItsConnorReid

Blueprint Tutorial | Basic Sprint - Beginner Friendly | Forum | Wiki
    Blueprint Tutorial | Stamina Decay/Regeneration Implementation | Forum
    Blueprint Tutorial | Stamina/Progress Bar Implementation | Forum

@hippowombat Check your PM

Quote Originally Posted by ConnorTheScot View Post
    Hey ryanjon2040,

Looks great, I am keen to see how things progress with this!
    One thing, I am having a similar problem to Hippowombat in that my registration email has not come through?
    I have pm'd you my address, no rush though

Keep it up mate!

Connor.
    Thank you Connor. I apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please check your PM.

Hey everyone,

I am very happy to announce that Unreal Nexus has been launched! You can post projects, hire freelancers and share your portfolio and more. We are still adding a lot more features like In-Built Social Media System, User Blogs, Nexus Store, Nexus Learning Centre and more. For latest news, please follow Unreal Nexus @Twitter and Facebook.

See you on Nexus

Well, I'll try anything once.

So it looks as though (from what I can tell) that this is a useful platform for posting projects that still need to be completed, i.e. a team-building/talent scouting site. Is there functionality for simply sharing projects/assets that are already completed? I have several free assets/blueprint systems and would love to share them on a centralized, noteworthy site, rather than just sharing links from my dropbox on various forums. (I get the filehosting portion is on me for now, but sharing that link to a site dedicated to asset sharing specifically would be nice.)

So it looks as though (from what I can tell) that this is a useful platform for posting projects that still need to be completed, i.e. a team-building/talent scouting site. Is there functionality for simply sharing projects/assets that are already completed? I have several free assets/blueprint systems and would love to share them on a centralized, noteworthy site, rather than just sharing links from my dropbox on various forums. (I get the filehosting portion is on me for now, but sharing that link to a site dedicated to asset sharing specifically would be nice.)
    We are working on Nexus Store right now where you can sell games, projects, assets as paid or free

Just heard about this in an older Youtube video - the site appears to be down. Is this no longer available, or did the URL change?

Infiltrator
    im the only who cant get acces to the site?
    Spoiler: 
    Name:  Снимок.PNG
Views: 484
Size:  175.3 KB

The domain has expired so noone has access anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianV View Post
    Just heard about this in an older Youtube video - the site appears to be down. Is this no longer available, or did the URL change?
    Quote Originally Posted by FFspro View Post
    im the only who cant get acces to the site?
    The domain has expired so noone has access anymore.
    Really sorry about that guys. I've had some financial troubles so I failed to pay for the server. But anyway, good news is I have not abandoned the idea and this will soon be up and running with a store so currently working on the webpage for all that stuff. Once it's up and running you can sell your projects, plugins, games (and a lot more) etc.

Really sorry about that guys. I've had some financial troubles so I failed to pay for the server. But anyway, good news is I have not abandoned the idea and this will soon be up and running with a store so currently working on the webpage for all that stuff. Once it's up and running you can sell your projects, plugins, games (and a lot more) etc.
    Digital Ocean Server <.< 5usd a Month...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast