4.11 Content Updates!

Hi Guys!

EDIT 4.11 is Live! A lot of you have already tested and sent us your updates or indicated that your files are compatible which is great. We do want to get these out as soon as possible so if you haven’t already please follow the steps below to update your content.

Please Note: You guys will have 30 days from the launch of 4.11 to contact us in regards to your submission. We will be reaching out to people who have incompatible assets that we have not heard from as well. If you run into any issues or need any help with this please contact us and let us know.

For those who haven’t yet sent us their updates please do the following:

-Test your items for 4.11.

-If it works with no changes, please just send us a message to marketplace-support@unrealengine.com with the subject line “[Item Name] 4.11 Compatible” and let us know that your submission works with no changes needed to the files.

-If you need to make changes, please make those changes to your files and send us the entire project at marketplace-support@unrealengine.com with the subject line: “[Item Name] 4.11 Update Files”.

-If you find that you need to make changes and you’re having trouble please e-mail us and let us know. We can either see what we can do on our end to help you figure it out or give you the time you need for a certain bug fix or feature.

For those who have sent us this information already and haven’t heard back please let us know either on the forums or in an e-mail. If you have any questions or concerns please reach to Reuben or I.

Thanks!

Stephanie

Hello Stephanie. I have sent an email from HostileAssets@gmail.com after testing with 4.11 Preview 7 and everything is working, but I did not receive a response.

Hey Osok,

Thanks for letting me know! I did go ahead and make sure all of your items are marked for 4.11 so you should be all set.

Thanks,

Stephanie

Wonderful thank you

Same here - sent message 5 days ago and still no answer

The same goes for me, i didn’t get any answer and i have sent it 1 week ago.

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the delay! We do have both of your e-mails so you should be seeing your updates soon if you haven’t already. For anyone else who hasn’t tested for 4.11 yet please do so now! There will be more details in the first post.

I have been having some problems with my eye lately which has prohibited me from working, but I will try to get the compatibility checked over the weekend.

Hello!
Unfortunately my letter about “SciFi vfx” seems to have been lost.
Mail: *****.othelnic@mail.ru

Whats happening with he substance plugin, it’s been on github for a few days now? Is this common?

Hi!

Sent emails a few days ago, haven’t heard back.

Thanks!

The plugin was submitted to Epic but we ran into a few edge cases building the plugin for the marketplace. I have submitted fixes for these and am awaiting the next steps on those. I don’t anticipate it being much longer though.

What do asset owners do when developers stop updating assets and dont respond to update requests? It is not very exciting to see that you could buy an asset for $10-$100+ only to have it not work or be broken in future versions with no ability to update yourself. Thanks.

I have to agree with dmorgan on his comment. I have noticed a lack of updates on assets as more versions of the UE4 come out. I have one particular asset that has not been updated since Release 4.9 of the engine. This make the item in the marketplace less appealing moving forward.

Do you guys need help curating the marketplace because of staffing? I’m sure a lot of us supporters/sellers could lend a hand in some way. The community will help if you ask. It’s very frustrating to not have emails or forum posts answered for weeks on end.

I seems the comments on this thread about marketplace items andusability in future versions got as much attention as it did from many marketplace sellers

Hi. I have two items on the marketplace and both are compatible with 4.11. One of them is already updated, although it took weeks. Now the other one, I’ve sent emails, but it’s been already almost two months and haven’t been able to update it. I’ve noticed that the latest automated confirmation emails provide a different email address to answer to, so I don’t know if answering to that new address is any problem. But before this address change, I always received an answer in a day or two. Now I never receive it. In fact, the first item was updated thanks to sending an email to the old address (marketplace-submit+idXXXXXX@unrealengine.zendesk.com) instead of the new one (support@epicgames.desk-mail.com). I recently did the same with my second item, sending an email to the old address, and I received an answer, but it said that my seller account was incomplete so I needed to update it before I updated my item. And I didn’t understand. My seller account has always been up to date, and I’ve been receiving payments and all that. I added my paypal account because for some reason went missing in my profile, and now waiting for an answer again.

It’s been almost two months, and probably there’s people that haven’t purchased my asset because they thought it wasn’t compatible with 4.11. And now we are getting close to 4.12 and my item still says 4.10.

Now I’m going to try the email address provided in this thread to see if it works instead of answering directly to my received emails (like those emails suggest). But it’s a little bit confusing all this and would be nice if things would speed up a little bit again.

Thank you for your attention! :smiley: