Ballistics impacts & other violent VFX/Particles

Hello everyone,
Launch Trailer 1.0:

Update 1.1 progress update “A”

I’ve had to do a lot of VFX work in the past couple of years! So, I thought I would put what I’ve learned into a ballistics VFX set, with the intent to publish to the marketplace very soon (i’m aiming to be mostly complete by this coming weekend).

The pack will focus on impact VFX, with some destruction too. I’ll also throw in explosions! :wink: I’ll release an initial starting set of material impacts/destruction and then add more FX in updates. Version 1.1 will also add impact sounds FX and more.

The first person demo scene and modified FP blueprints with procedural recoil will be included as examples, I’ll be replacing the spheres with a better example meshes too and will have a dedicated destruction area.
I’m open to requests for FX to include - and what sort of price would you folks be happy to pay for such a set? All future updates will of course be included in the purchase price too.

Regards,
James

Are you going to make LODs for all these because that will be very helpful with particles like these. These are looking fantastic though.

Certainly, I’ll do LODs for them too :slight_smile:

And a little update with in progress wood, mud and water…

I should note that the ‘spattering’ little speckled particles are in fact done in shader (and not tons of particles!), you’d probably need to see the video full screen to see those.

Very nice. Love the Smokey rolls. In terms of price if the pack was a comprehensive impact and explosion pack from small arms via grenades to small bombs then I’d easily pay up to £100 as you clearly have a good touch with vfx.
Regards
Slinky

Thanks! :slight_smile: Ok, I’ll see what I can do!

Really nice work.

This is pretty cool

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

Here’s the current list of impact VFX materials, any other suggestions?

Asphalt
Concrete
Dirt
Glass
Water
Metal
Rock
Gravel
Fabric
Flesh
Wood
Mud
Ceramic
Plastic
Carbon Fibre
Leaves
Leafy Floor
Paper
Short Circuit (electronics)
Rubber
Brick
Snow
Ice

I got a list of material made for Purpleprint if some give you a idea: (Anyway you got a pretty big list)

Asphalt
Bark
Brick
Cardboard
Carpet
Ceramic
Cloth
Concrete
Cushion
Dirt
Electric
Electronics
Fabric
Fire
Flesh
Flower
Foliage
Fruit
Glass
Grass
Gravel
Ice
Lava
Leather
Leaves
Metal
Mud
Oil
Paint
Paper
Plastic
Rock
Rubber
Sand
Skin
Slime
Snow
Soil
Stone
Water
Wood
Wool

thanks! good suggestions there that I had missed - I’ll get on it :wink:

A third teaser of some of the latest FX in progress:

Shaping up to having 28 material impact VFX so far.

Well is looking really good, but I think I don’t get that “blood” effect xD

I am in, looks very nice.

:smiley: Yeh, I’m gonna go for two sets of blood so people can choose, a blood splattering type that looks more like the kind of game blood people are used to - and a more subdued ‘pink mist’ style that is perhaps a little more realistic but perhaps not what some games want.

Thanks nkey, another update coming tomorrow - been working on destruction and making a start on the small/large variants.

Very nice impacts. Very clean, stylish, and extremely active. Hope to see more soon!

Thanks BTLRoach… and here’s some more! :wink:

I made a little start on ricochet FX too…

Awesome work @CubitStudios

Very Nice Indeed.

Thanks guys! another update to come on Monday.