[FREE] Spline Enabled Ivy BP

Hi All,

I spent an evening learning to model some plants and I thought I’d share one of the models along with a basic spline bp that I threw together.

You can download it here

[FONT=Lucida Console]Edit: Updated for 4.11

:slight_smile:

If you enjoy this or my bridge blueprint please consider donating me some beer money :wink:

6535567a3ce93e092ee92bc99f520fb539fab140.gif](Donate)

Looks really amazing, great work!

Thanks DamirH :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing, i’ll take a look at it… looks nice on the picture for sure. Good work man!

You’re welcome…

The image was taken directly in editor so it should look identical when you open it.

The spline bp needs some attention though, it was thrown together purely for demo purposes…I’ll try to get it working better at some point.

I may wanna tinker with it a bit to make it trace around existing structures… hope that’s ok with you? :slight_smile:

Of course it is…Make sure you share some screen shots of the results on here :slight_smile:

I’ve updated the spline logic in this so it now works as it should. The Spline BP can be used with any mesh so feel free to re-use it.

I’ve also added a start and end offset parameter which is useful to offset the mesh start and end points for each mesh in the spline, this is useful for meshes such as the included mesh to prevent any gaps between the mesh instances.

Hey there! Just wanna give my honest thanks (First post in UE-Forum lol) The offset-parameter really IS a useful thing to play with, especially since you have several splines with a different length etc.
I implemented it in the latest version, works fine! Astonishing work, I recently learned correct 3D-modeling myself, but I didn’t touch animation yet hehe

greetz Lion :wink:

Thanks Lion and welcome to the forums! :slight_smile:

Jonas (aka aloneball) here. I posted a video where i used one of the branches from your Ivy to make a wrapping Ivy-tree :slight_smile:

Really cool project :slight_smile: