User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 241 to 278 of 278

Thread: Striving for Photorealism in UE4

  1. #241
    0
    This is incredible, oh my god... I used to think UE4 games could never reach the level of realism of Cryengine or Frostbite but I was wrong. This actually looks better than anything I've seen made with the cryengine. Kudos to you.

  2. #242
    0
    I have finished up a plant pack for the Megascans site using their incredibly detailed atlases. Here are a few screenshots from UE4 showcasing some of the assets.











    They will be be dropping on the site soon and I have also prepared a fairly comprehensive UE4 wind material function to plug in to the materials. I'll most likely be making an example project to help people understand how it works.

  3. #243
    0
    Name:  084.png
Views: 3158
Size:  297.7 KB

    Am I still on the UE4 forum or is this a macro photo thread ?

    I'll most likely be making an example project to help people understand how it works.
    Oh man that's exciting for sure !

    Anyways, keep em coming, these photorealistic screens are a great !

  4. #244
    0
    Can i just express myself freely and say, **** off you glorious ************ that is absolutely amazing work!

    Keep it up and i eagerly await your next post!
    Marketplace Packages

    UnrealSlackers is a Community driven group of likeminded people here to discuss UE4! Join UnrealSlackers on Discord!

  5. #245
    0
    Awesome results, keep it up!

  6. #246
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by EoinOBroin View Post
    I have finished up a plant pack for the Megascans site using their incredibly detailed atlases. Here are a few screenshots from UE4 showcasing some of the assets.

    They will be be dropping on the site soon and I have also prepared a fairly comprehensive UE4 wind material function to plug in to the materials. I'll most likely be making an example project to help people understand how it works.
    Wow, they are just incredible!

    Definitely let us know when they are available at megascans. Would really love to check out your demo project.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    [New On Marketplace] Custom Character Creator
    --------------------------------------------------------
    [Marketplace] RPG Starter Kit - Multiplayer Melee Combat System - Animated Crossbow
    --------------------------------------------------------

  7. #247
    0
    Hello EoinOBroin,

    Wow, the Pictures looks amazing!!!

    Can you say what will mean "Soon"? I can't wait to see this incredible Plants.

    kind regards,
    halobungie

  8. #248
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by halobungie View Post
    Hello EoinOBroin,

    Wow, the Pictures looks amazing!!!

    Can you say what will mean "Soon"? I can't wait to see this incredible Plants.

    kind regards,
    halobungie
    They are already available. E.g. here: https://megascans.se/assets/qmBrl

    Quote Originally Posted by EoinOBroin View Post
    They will be be dropping on the site soon and I have also prepared a fairly comprehensive UE4 wind material function to plug in to the materials. I'll most likely be making an example project to help people understand how it works.
    How is the sample project coming along?
    --------------------------------------------------------
    [New On Marketplace] Custom Character Creator
    --------------------------------------------------------
    [Marketplace] RPG Starter Kit - Multiplayer Melee Combat System - Animated Crossbow
    --------------------------------------------------------

  9. #249
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by EoinOBroin View Post
    I have finished up a plant pack for the Megascans site using their incredibly detailed atlases. Here are a few screenshots from UE4 showcasing some of the assets.

    They will be be dropping on the site soon and I have also prepared a fairly comprehensive UE4 wind material function to plug in to the materials. I'll most likely be making an example project to help people understand how it works.
    Truly inspiring work. Really interested in an example project. I'm very curious to see how you go about setting up light and post processing to get it to feel so realistic. Most comments here talk about the absolutely fantastic assets you make but there is so much more to a realistic scene than only the assets. Do you have any ETA on when an example project might be released?

  10. #250
    0
    Had fun creating a WIP scene in just under two hours today using some of the Megascans 3D plants, still lots to tweak/improve!

    https://youtu.be/IwzpIgcZmq8

    Last edited by EoinOBroin; 03-03-2017 at 03:25 PM.

  11. #251

  12. #252
    0
    Now if we could maintain this level of graphic fidelity @ 80fps.
    GTX 980 Ti · Intel i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz

  13. #253
    0
    I think I am liking this Quixel's MegaScan now. Fantastic work on your landscapes mate.
    Franklin Iheanacho
    [Pronounced: EEH-HON-A-CHO]
    - Game Artist & Programmer
    My Team
    Our Current Game

  14. #254
    0
    Looks nothing short of amazing, well done.

    I might ask, how do you get such great mipmapping from the megascans stuff? I have tried using a few different pieces (grass etc) and I've yet to get usable results, though this is with longer grasses.

    Also, are you baking any AO into these pieces outside of UE4? Or are they static geometry? I assume not, your bake would be a computer-destroyer.

  15. #255
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by EoinOBroin View Post
    Had fun creating a WIP scene in just under two hours today using some of the Megascans 3D plants, still lots to tweak/improve!

    https://youtu.be/IwzpIgcZmq8


    Hi EoinOBroin, really amazing work... would you mind showing us your material setup for foliage and static mesh?
    Last edited by kkhaial; 03-23-2017 at 02:59 AM.

  16. #256
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhaial View Post
    Hi EoinOBroin, really amazing work... would you mind showing us your material setup for foliage and static mesh?
    I'm too, very interested in what is the material setup. If you could share with us - just a print screen of the material nodes.
    And I think I speak for all of us here on this thread, we would all appreciate it.

  17. #257
    0
    I'm kind a newbie in UE4 'cause I'm feed up of slow vray rendering and so on. Searching for interesting post about hyperrealism I found this post. It's just amazing how this guy achieved so much and so fast. I'm agree 100% with him that this kind of job is so much fun, I can spend hours and hours when I discover new tools and see the results little by little.
    I can't wait for this document where he explain the process.
    Looking forward of it!! KEEP UP DUDE, don't let us down hahahaha

  18. #258
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by EoinOBroin View Post
    Had fun creating a WIP scene in just under two hours today using some of the Megascans 3D plants, still lots to tweak/improve!
    Been playing around with megascans lately. What do you recommend for props when it comes to details? flat/pn tessellation, POM, bumpOffset or just pure high poly's?

  19. #259
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sitrec View Post
    Truly inspiring work. Really interested in an example project. I'm very curious to see how you go about setting up light and post processing to get it to feel so realistic. Most comments here talk about the absolutely fantastic assets you make but there is so much more to a realistic scene than only the assets. Do you have any ETA on when an example project might be released?
    Thank you! I keep lighting and post processing as simple as possible, almost always a single skylight and a single directional light. The more variables you have, the harder it is to tweak to a desired result.

    Quote Originally Posted by order66 View Post
    How is the sample project coming along?
    It's coming along well but have been unfortunately very busy lately so it's hard to make progress quickly.

    Quote Originally Posted by eliotbnz View Post
    Looks nothing short of amazing, well done.

    I might ask, how do you get such great mipmapping from the megascans stuff? I have tried using a few different pieces (grass etc) and I've yet to get usable results, though this is with longer grasses.

    Also, are you baking any AO into these pieces outside of UE4? Or are they static geometry? I assume not, your bake would be a computer-destroyer.
    Thank you! Nope no AO bakes whatsoever, though I did bake it for some of the billboards in my newer tests but didn't notice a significant visual impact.


    Quote Originally Posted by kkhaial View Post
    Hi EoinOBroin, really amazing work... would you mind showing us your material setup for foliage and static mesh?

    Quote Originally Posted by zaksi View Post
    I'm too, very interested in what is the material setup. If you could share with us - just a print screen of the material nodes.
    And I think I speak for all of us here on this thread, we would all appreciate it.
    I will post a screenshot of my materials next time I'm working on a scene- it really is very simple though, almost everything just plugged in to a two sided material as you'd expect- the key is having a normal strength multiplier and pumping something other than a constant into the specular value, helps remove the white sheen that is common in UE4.


    Quote Originally Posted by hallatore View Post
    Been playing around with megascans lately. What do you recommend for props when it comes to details? flat/pn tessellation, POM, bumpOffset or just pure high poly's?
    I tend to stay clear of tessellation/POM etc. especially for foliage. If you don't need great performance then you can definitely go a long way with Megascans and displacement for hard surface objects such as rocks. I would still not recommend it for foliage as it'll instantly bring any rig to its knees!



    --------------------

    I've had very limited time to work on new scenes as of late, but here's one I have been slowly working on over the last few weeks. Still very much WIP.




    Last edited by EoinOBroin; 04-22-2017 at 10:15 AM.

  20. #260
    2
    Marketplace Packages

    UnrealSlackers is a Community driven group of likeminded people here to discuss UE4! Join UnrealSlackers on Discord!

  21. #261
    1
    Here's a screenshot of my master foliage material for those that were asking, kept it fairly simple.



    For my newer landscape scenes it gets a lot more complex with various masks but the general base setup is the same.



    Also here is a quick lowpoly branch/bush test (All 2D planes using Megascans)


  22. #262
    0
    Not good enough!
    Just kidding... it's absolutely gorgeous!

  23. #263
    0
    Incredible work, really inspiring for newer artists! I can't wait to get a hold of your example project, especially your materials and wind function! If you had the time, a breakdown of how you got the 3D plant materials setup from bridge would be appreciated!

  24. #264
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by EoinOBroin View Post
    I have finished up a plant pack for the Megascans site using their incredibly detailed atlases. Here are a few screenshots from UE4 showcasing some of the assets.











    They will be be dropping on the site soon and I have also prepared a fairly comprehensive UE4 wind material function to plug in to the materials. I'll most likely be making an example project to help people understand how it works.
    These screenshots looks really awesome. I am buying these packs. But before that could you give me a breakdown on the lighting? Are you using VXGI? If not what are the settings for your dynamic lighting? (Include screenshots if possible ) Also what about the colour of the sunlight and the sky? And I am wondering how your post process volume looks like. Actually, I have a lot more to ask but for now I think this would do. If it bothers you I am using 1080Ti SLI (Ive been a hardcore gamer through all the years just thought I should start doing something productive for my life) XD

  25. #265
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by EoinOBroin View Post
    Had fun creating a WIP scene in just under two hours today using some of the Megascans 3D plants, still lots to tweak/improve!

    https://youtu.be/IwzpIgcZmq8

    Is that rendered in Ue4...
    *And here I am... trying to make simple grass...*
    Name:  a605761e9ed3d4234b70f758818e4bb3_dude-you-just-blew-my-mind-everyone-loses-their-minds-joker-bl.jpeg
Views: 1295
Size:  32.2 KB

  26. #266
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by EoinOBroin View Post
    Thanks
    @das8track No the Megascans library is separate to the suite, it will be released as a standalone service!


    Here is a quick and dirty scene I made today testing ONE instanced tree mesh with LODs- my aim was to get a nice overall grading and sense of space without focusing on the small details- close up trees are 30K tris, slightly further away are 9000 tris, and slightly further than that go down to 500 tris! Makes large forests running at decent frame rates very possible! Still much more testing to do on this front with a lot more variety in tree meshes and foliage, but it is a start Trees were created using GrowFX.

    Can you make this one in a higher resolution, I also want to use it as a wallpaper

  27. #267
    0
    This is new quality of "material" and "lighting" and you press this to the next level.

    But.. to be honest, i think not all your screenshots is render in UE4. I think you use VRay to render some of this foliage, because lighting is too good and detail.
    Last edited by DanteStormdark; 05-19-2017 at 05:17 PM.

  28. #268
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by EoinOBroin View Post

    --------------------

    I've had very limited time to work on new scenes as of late, but here's one I have been slowly working on over the last few weeks. Still very much WIP.



    Wait is that landscape shot rendered in UE4? Are the rocks we see on the terrain part of the landscape material or actual meshes?

  29. #269
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nikabbas View Post
    These screenshots looks really awesome. I am buying these packs. But before that could you give me a breakdown on the lighting? Are you using VXGI? If not what are the settings for your dynamic lighting? (Include screenshots if possible ) Also what about the colour of the sunlight and the sky? And I am wondering how your post process volume looks like. Actually, I have a lot more to ask but for now I think this would do. If it bothers you I am using 1080Ti SLI (Ive been a hardcore gamer through all the years just thought I should start doing something productive for my life) XD
    Thank you! The lights used on those scenes were a simple skylight, directional light and if needed, a second directional light to act as a "fake" bounce light or to emphasize the SSS.


    Quote Originally Posted by Blue man View Post
    Can you make this one in a higher resolution, I also want to use it as a wallpaper
    Unfortunately that scene and raw screenshots are long long gone but will be doing full forest scenes in the next few months so will be sure to aim for some similar shots there.


    Quote Originally Posted by DanteStormdark View Post
    This is new quality of "material" and "lighting" and you press this to the next level.

    But.. to be honest, i think not all your screenshots is render in UE4. I think you use VRay to render some of this foliage, because lighting is too good and detail.

    That is a great compliment Everything posted here is 100% UE4 with no touchups even in Photoshop after. It's a fun challenge to try and get the feel of a rendered image right in the editor.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lands Unknown View Post
    Wait is that landscape shot rendered in UE4? Are the rocks we see on the terrain part of the landscape material or actual meshes?
    Yep this is rendered in UE4. The rocks are a mix of the landscape material and handplaced rock meshes to help break up the smooth shape of the landscape. Any small rocks are purely material work but the large ones that clearly jut out are meshes.

  30. #270
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by EoinOBroin View Post
    Yep this is rendered in UE4. The rocks are a mix of the landscape material and handplaced rock meshes to help break up the smooth shape of the landscape. Any small rocks are purely material work but the large ones that clearly jut out are meshes.
    Yeah that's what I was wondering, I've been trying to make a similar procedural grass and rock material using megascans assets I assume you're using World Machine for the landscape, if not do you do the texturing in UE4?

    Thanks for the reply though!

  31. #271
    0
    For what it's worth, I'd be happy to buy some of those scenes on the marketplace. I'm pretty sure you could put something in the $50 range and get lots of clients, and I'd be first in line

  32. #272
    0
    Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    5
    Wow! Man!!
    I wanna learn this!
    Using UE4 combined with to make a movie, using greenscreen and all and therefore need this kind of quality for the stuff I'll use as background.
    By any chance you've made (or thinking about making) a tutorial?

  33. #273
    0
    Two new WIP scenes that I'm working on:



    Last edited by EoinOBroin; 06-29-2017 at 08:41 PM.

  34. #274
    0
    @EoinOBroin : why are u doing this to me ?!!
    man, we need the tutorial/example u have talked about badly !

    anyway it's gorgeous ! GJ .

  35. #275
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by issam1975 View Post
    @EoinOBroin : why are u doing this to me ?!!
    man, we need the tutorial/example u have talked about badly !

    anyway it's gorgeous ! GJ .
    Thank you! This new scene is actually part of a new tutorial I'm doing for Quixel that will be released on their channel some time this week. Tried to condense as many small useful tips when building scenes in UE4 as possible into one video. Hopefully you'll find it useful.


    Here's the final scene from that tutorial:


  36. #276
    0
    Visionary
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,246
    Incredible work! =)

  37. #277
    0
    Still no Desktop Background versions Id love 2560x1440

    Awesome work though!
    Marketplace Packages

    UnrealSlackers is a Community driven group of likeminded people here to discuss UE4! Join UnrealSlackers on Discord!

  38. #278
    0
    I've finished an almost hour long tutorial for Quixel, going over creating a realistic meadow scene in UE4, from setting up materials to lighting, post processing and scattering. You can watch it here: https://youtu.be/ATX7kmET4zE




Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •