User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Striving for Photorealism in UE4

This is incredible, oh my god... I used to think UE4 games could never reach the level of realism of Cryengine or Frostbite but I was wrong. This actually looks better than anything I've seen made with the cryengine. Kudos to you.

I have finished up a plant pack for the Megascans site using their incredibly detailed atlases. Here are a few screenshots from UE4 showcasing some of the assets.

They will be be dropping on the site soon and I have also prepared a fairly comprehensive UE4 wind material function to plug in to the materials. I'll most likely be making an example project to help people understand how it works.

Name:  084.png
Views: 2081
Size:  297.7 KB

Am I still on the UE4 forum or is this a macro photo thread ?

I'll most likely be making an example project to help people understand how it works.
    Oh man that's exciting for sure !

Anyways, keep em coming, these photorealistic screens are a great !

Can i just express myself freely and say, **** off you glorious ************ that is absolutely amazing work!

Keep it up and i eagerly await your next post!
    Marketplace Packages

UnrealSlackers is a Community driven group of likeminded people here to discuss UE4! Join UnrealSlackers on Discord!

Awesome results, keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by EoinOBroin View Post
    I have finished up a plant pack for the Megascans site using their incredibly detailed atlases. Here are a few screenshots from UE4 showcasing some of the assets.

They will be be dropping on the site soon and I have also prepared a fairly comprehensive UE4 wind material function to plug in to the materials. I'll most likely be making an example project to help people understand how it works.
    Wow, they are just incredible!

Definitely let us know when they are available at megascans. Would really love to check out your demo project.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    [New On Marketplace] Custom Character Creator
    [Marketplace] RPG Starter Kit - Multiplayer Melee Combat System - Animated Crossbow

Hello EoinOBroin,

Wow, the Pictures looks amazing!!!

Can you say what will mean "Soon"? I can't wait to see this incredible Plants.

kind regards,
    halobungie

Quote Originally Posted by halobungie View Post
    Hello EoinOBroin,

Wow, the Pictures looks amazing!!!

Can you say what will mean "Soon"? I can't wait to see this incredible Plants.

kind regards,
    halobungie
    They are already available. E.g. here: https://megascans.se/assets/qmBrl

How is the sample project coming along?
    [New On Marketplace] Custom Character Creator
    [Marketplace] RPG Starter Kit - Multiplayer Melee Combat System - Animated Crossbow

Truly inspiring work. Really interested in an example project. I'm very curious to see how you go about setting up light and post processing to get it to feel so realistic. Most comments here talk about the absolutely fantastic assets you make but there is so much more to a realistic scene than only the assets. Do you have any ETA on when an example project might be released?

Had fun creating a WIP scene in just under two hours today using some of the Megascans 3D plants, still lots to tweak/improve!

https://youtu.be/IwzpIgcZmq8

Last edited by EoinOBroin; 03-03-2017 at 03:25 PM.

Now if we could maintain this level of graphic fidelity @ 80fps.
    GTX 980 Ti · Intel i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz

I think I am liking this Quixel's MegaScan now. Fantastic work on your landscapes mate.
    Franklin Iheanacho
    [Pronounced: EEH-HON-A-CHO]

- Game Artist & Programmer
    - Unreal Engine Veteran
    - Jack of All Trades

My Team
    Our Current Game

Infiltrator
    Looks nothing short of amazing, well done.

I might ask, how do you get such great mipmapping from the megascans stuff? I have tried using a few different pieces (grass etc) and I've yet to get usable results, though this is with longer grasses.

Also, are you baking any AO into these pieces outside of UE4? Or are they static geometry? I assume not, your bake would be a computer-destroyer.

Had fun creating a WIP scene in just under two hours today using some of the Megascans 3D plants, still lots to tweak/improve!

Hi EoinOBroin, really amazing work... would you mind showing us your material setup for foliage and static mesh?
    Last edited by kkhaial; 03-23-2017 at 02:59 AM.

Infiltrator
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhaial View Post
    Hi EoinOBroin, really amazing work... would you mind showing us your material setup for foliage and static mesh?
    I'm too, very interested in what is the material setup. If you could share with us - just a print screen of the material nodes.
    And I think I speak for all of us here on this thread, we would all appreciate it.

I'm kind a newbie in UE4 'cause I'm feed up of slow vray rendering and so on. Searching for interesting post about hyperrealism I found this post. It's just amazing how this guy achieved so much and so fast. I'm agree 100% with him that this kind of job is so much fun, I can spend hours and hours when I discover new tools and see the results little by little.
    I can't wait for this document where he explain the process.
    Looking forward of it!! KEEP UP DUDE, don't let us down hahahaha

Been playing around with megascans lately. What do you recommend for props when it comes to details? flat/pn tessellation, POM, bumpOffset or just pure high poly's?

Quote Originally Posted by Sitrec View Post
    Truly inspiring work. Really interested in an example project. I'm very curious to see how you go about setting up light and post processing to get it to feel so realistic. Most comments here talk about the absolutely fantastic assets you make but there is so much more to a realistic scene than only the assets. Do you have any ETA on when an example project might be released?
    Thank you! I keep lighting and post processing as simple as possible, almost always a single skylight and a single directional light. The more variables you have, the harder it is to tweak to a desired result.

Quote Originally Posted by order66 View Post
    How is the sample project coming along?
    It's coming along well but have been unfortunately very busy lately so it's hard to make progress quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by eliotbnz View Post
    Looks nothing short of amazing, well done.

I might ask, how do you get such great mipmapping from the megascans stuff? I have tried using a few different pieces (grass etc) and I've yet to get usable results, though this is with longer grasses.

Also, are you baking any AO into these pieces outside of UE4? Or are they static geometry? I assume not, your bake would be a computer-destroyer.
    Thank you! Nope no AO bakes whatsoever, though I did bake it for some of the billboards in my newer tests but didn't notice a significant visual impact.

Quote Originally Posted by kkhaial View Post

Quote Originally Posted by zaksi View Post
    I'm too, very interested in what is the material setup. If you could share with us - just a print screen of the material nodes.
    And I think I speak for all of us here on this thread, we would all appreciate it.
    I will post a screenshot of my materials next time I'm working on a scene- it really is very simple though, almost everything just plugged in to a two sided material as you'd expect- the key is having a normal strength multiplier and pumping something other than a constant into the specular value, helps remove the white sheen that is common in UE4.

Quote Originally Posted by hallatore View Post
    Been playing around with megascans lately. What do you recommend for props when it comes to details? flat/pn tessellation, POM, bumpOffset or just pure high poly's?
    I tend to stay clear of tessellation/POM etc. especially for foliage. If you don't need great performance then you can definitely go a long way with Megascans and displacement for hard surface objects such as rocks. I would still not recommend it for foliage as it'll instantly bring any rig to its knees!

--------------------

I've had very limited time to work on new scenes as of late, but here's one I have been slowly working on over the last few weeks. Still very much WIP.

Last edited by EoinOBroin; 04-22-2017 at 10:15 AM.

Marketplace Packages

UnrealSlackers is a Community driven group of likeminded people here to discuss UE4! Join UnrealSlackers on Discord!

Here's a screenshot of my master foliage material for those that were asking, kept it fairly simple.

For my newer landscape scenes it gets a lot more complex with various masks but the general base setup is the same.

Also here is a quick lowpoly branch/bush test (All 2D planes using Megascans)

Not good enough!
    Just kidding... it's absolutely gorgeous!

Incredible work, really inspiring for newer artists! I can't wait to get a hold of your example project, especially your materials and wind function! If you had the time, a breakdown of how you got the 3D plant materials setup from bridge would be appreciated!

These screenshots looks really awesome. I am buying these packs. But before that could you give me a breakdown on the lighting? Are you using VXGI? If not what are the settings for your dynamic lighting? (Include screenshots if possible ) Also what about the colour of the sunlight and the sky? And I am wondering how your post process volume looks like. Actually, I have a lot more to ask but for now I think this would do. If it bothers you I am using 1080Ti SLI (Ive been a hardcore gamer through all the years just thought I should start doing something productive for my life) XD

Is that rendered in Ue4...
    *And here I am... trying to make simple grass...*
    Name:  a605761e9ed3d4234b70f758818e4bb3_dude-you-just-blew-my-mind-everyone-loses-their-minds-joker-bl.jpeg
Views: 225
Size:  32.2 KB

Thanks
    @das8track No the Megascans library is separate to the suite, it will be released as a standalone service!

Here is a quick and dirty scene I made today testing ONE instanced tree mesh with LODs- my aim was to get a nice overall grading and sense of space without focusing on the small details- close up trees are 30K tris, slightly further away are 9000 tris, and slightly further than that go down to 500 tris! Makes large forests running at decent frame rates very possible! Still much more testing to do on this front with a lot more variety in tree meshes and foliage, but it is a start Trees were created using GrowFX.

Can you make this one in a higher resolution, I also want to use it as a wallpaper

This is new quality of "material" and "lighting" and you press this to the next level.

But.. to be honest, i think not all your screenshots is render in UE4. I think you use VRay to render some of this foliage, because lighting is too good and detail.
    Last edited by DanteStormdark; 05-19-2017 at 05:17 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567