User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Striving for Photorealism in UE4

This is incredible, oh my god... I used to think UE4 games could never reach the level of realism of Cryengine or Frostbite but I was wrong. This actually looks better than anything I've seen made with the cryengine. Kudos to you.

I have finished up a plant pack for the Megascans site using their incredibly detailed atlases. Here are a few screenshots from UE4 showcasing some of the assets.

They will be be dropping on the site soon and I have also prepared a fairly comprehensive UE4 wind material function to plug in to the materials. I'll most likely be making an example project to help people understand how it works.

Name:  084.png
Views: 1133
Size:  297.7 KB

Am I still on the UE4 forum or is this a macro photo thread ?

I'll most likely be making an example project to help people understand how it works.
    Oh man that's exciting for sure !

Anyways, keep em coming, these photorealistic screens are a great !

Can i just express myself freely and say, **** off you glorious ************ that is absolutely amazing work!

Keep it up and i eagerly await your next post!
    Marketplace Packages

UnrealSlackers is a Community driven group of likeminded people here to discuss UE4! Join UnrealSlackers on Discord!

Awesome results, keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by EoinOBroin View Post
    I have finished up a plant pack for the Megascans site using their incredibly detailed atlases. Here are a few screenshots from UE4 showcasing some of the assets.

They will be be dropping on the site soon and I have also prepared a fairly comprehensive UE4 wind material function to plug in to the materials. I'll most likely be making an example project to help people understand how it works.
    Wow, they are just incredible!

Definitely let us know when they are available at megascans. Would really love to check out your demo project.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    [Marketplace] RPG Starter Kit - Showcase Viewer - Animated Crossbow
    [New On Marketplace] Multiplayer Melee Combat System
    [Coming Soon] Modular Medieval Knight

Hello EoinOBroin,

Wow, the Pictures looks amazing!!!

Can you say what will mean "Soon"? I can't wait to see this incredible Plants.

kind regards,
    halobungie

Quote Originally Posted by halobungie View Post
    Hello EoinOBroin,

Wow, the Pictures looks amazing!!!

Can you say what will mean "Soon"? I can't wait to see this incredible Plants.

kind regards,
    halobungie
    They are already available. E.g. here: https://megascans.se/assets/qmBrl

How is the sample project coming along?
    [Marketplace] RPG Starter Kit - Showcase Viewer - Animated Crossbow
    [New On Marketplace] Multiplayer Melee Combat System
    [Coming Soon] Modular Medieval Knight

Truly inspiring work. Really interested in an example project. I'm very curious to see how you go about setting up light and post processing to get it to feel so realistic. Most comments here talk about the absolutely fantastic assets you make but there is so much more to a realistic scene than only the assets. Do you have any ETA on when an example project might be released?

Had fun creating a WIP scene in just under two hours today using some of the Megascans 3D plants, still lots to tweak/improve!

https://youtu.be/IwzpIgcZmq8

Last edited by EoinOBroin; 03-03-2017 at 03:25 PM.

Now if we could maintain this level of graphic fidelity @ 80fps.
    GTX 980 Ti · Intel i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz

I think I am liking this Quixel's MegaScan now. Fantastic work on your landscapes mate.
    Formerly known as Gmax5 on Epic Games Forums.

Franklin Iheanacho
    [Pronounced: EEH-HON-A-CHO]

- Game Artist & Programmer
    - Unreal Engine Veteran

My Team
    Our First Game
    Our Current Game

Infiltrator
    Looks nothing short of amazing, well done.

I might ask, how do you get such great mipmapping from the megascans stuff? I have tried using a few different pieces (grass etc) and I've yet to get usable results, though this is with longer grasses.

Also, are you baking any AO into these pieces outside of UE4? Or are they static geometry? I assume not, your bake would be a computer-destroyer.

Had fun creating a WIP scene in just under two hours today using some of the Megascans 3D plants, still lots to tweak/improve!

https://youtu.be/IwzpIgcZmq8

Hi EoinOBroin, really amazing work... would you mind showing us your material setup for foliage and static mesh?
    Last edited by kkhaial; 03-23-2017 at 02:59 AM.

Infiltrator
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhaial View Post
    Hi EoinOBroin, really amazing work... would you mind showing us your material setup for foliage and static mesh?
    I'm too, very interested in what is the material setup. If you could share with us - just a print screen of the material nodes.
    And I think I speak for all of us here on this thread, we would all appreciate it.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567