March #UE4jam, March 10th-13th THEME: THE SKY IS THE LIMIT

Achievement Unlocked Game Developer Program

WINNERS!
Cliffhanger - Kotany
Sky Climb - Master Kenth
Up High -

**THE RULES

• We announced the theme on the March 10th stream, when the jam officially kicked-off. The stream will be on our official Unreal Engine channel

• Make an amazing game by yourself or with a team (up to 5) around the given theme in Unreal Engine 4.

• Submit a to the SUBMISSION THREAD before **midnight on the night of March 13th/ morning of March 14th **including the following:

• Team Name

• List of Team Members

• Name of submission (Please format it with your team’s name attached ex. TeamName_GameName)
    After you post your submission, PM me with the email addresses of your team members (up to 5), the name of your team and the name of your project. That makes it easier to get in contact with so make sure to send that info over!

• A small panel at Epic will judge entries on the following criteria:

• Unique use of theme

• Fun factor

• Overall Visuals

• Detailed Rules Available Here:

• Intel Sweepstakes

• Game Jam Rules

All submissions will be featured in a highlight reel posted to our YouTube and shown on Twitch.

INTEL 750 SERIES SSD SWEEPSTAKES

All participants of the March UE4jam who submit an entry will be entered into a drawing to win a brand new 750 Series 400gb SSD. Four (4) SSDs will be raffled off during the revealing of the winner of the UE4jam on the March 31st livestream.

THE PRIZES

The top 3 submissions will receive an Epic Swag Box with all sorts of goodies, a “Game Jam Finalist” forum badge, a featured playthrough on the March 31st Twitch stream, as well as a highlight on Unreal Engine blog!

Houdini Licenses

In addition to the Epic Swag Box, each member of the winning teams will be receiving 1-year of Houdini Indie (including the Houdini Engine) provided by SideFX. This amazing tool can be used with UE4 through the official Houdini plugin.

Happy developing, and good luck!

Theme Announce Countdown](Time since Mar 10, 2016 2:00 pm started in Raleigh)
Submission Deadline Countdown](Time since Mar 14, 2016 started in Raleigh)

Want to talk with other developers in the jam? Come over to the community run slack channel: http://join.unrealslackers.org/ then join the #game-jam channel.

Streaming your work on Twitch? Let us know so we can follow along!
Are you on Twitter? Show off your work using the #ue4jam](hashtag/ue4jam?src=hash) hashtag!
While usually plays through all the entries, he’ll be out this time. In his place we have had jvthewanderer and Burgos step up to fill in. Make sure you catch jvthewanderer and Burgos’ streams of all the entries once the deadline is up: Twitch and Twitch

**-------- PARTICIPATING TEAMS ****--------
In order to streamline the playing, judging, recording, and winners announcement process, we’re requesting that teams participating in the jam let us know beforehand in order to prepare appropriately for the event. We’ll update the list with links to the games afterwards, too, so can find your title without having to scroll through the whole thread :slight_smile: Pre-registration is not required for entry, and we know people will come in later, but it will greatly aid us in turning everything around quickly. We appreciate your help in making this event awesome :cool:

Please send a PM with your team name and number of team members and we’ll get you added to the list!

1. Shrödinger
  2. Invokers
  3. 's Half-Baked Games
  4. Team Raptors
  5. CorvusGameStudio
  6. Fly Dream Dev
  7. Jan Wlosok
  8. Tinkuit
  9. PizzaArugula
  10. JR
  11. sassy buns
  12. Loured
  13. Derzo Studios
  14. Muffin
  15. Cookingmamut
  16. Rainbows
  17. The Monkey Room
  18. Joke Yeti
  19. Fumbling Upwards
  20. Soju
  21. Kotany
  22. Das Treibende Werk
  23. Benergy
  24. Shankem
  25. Bohrium
  26. Exit Strategy Balloon
  27. Seirei
  28. Baby Busters
  29. 3D Virtualand Team
  30. Master Kenth
  31. Drektopia
  32. Katilio
  33. Alderbit
  34. Ayretek
  35. Ribkat Games
  36. CellularAmnesia
  37. Drachentruppe
  38. Scorched
  39. BabyDaddy
  40. CurrentFrame
  41. Crackpot Gumption
  42. Wattar
  43. Echo
  44. Man Dude Studios
  45. Chaotic Neutral
  46. Bad Day Games
  47. Succubi in Hats
  48. Boilerplate
  49. OverOcean
  50. Lavafloor Gaming
  51. Digibotts
  52. Imagine studio
  53. Team Black Sail
  54. Equinsu Ocha
  55. Stefan Raab Entertainment
  56. Blueprint Warriors
  57. t3am
  58. Unreal Slackers #1
  59. Coruja Games
  60. Dwarf Masters
  61. Tunnel Barracuda
  62. Tёsha Software
  63. NoDreamsOnlyMemes
  64. Imperfect Ideal
  65. ji3oXx
  66. Soporific Team

Unfortunately I can’t do my usual play through stream, will be too busy at GDC!

This jam should be interesting with at GDC :stuck_out_tongue:

A game jam in the days before I leave for GDC? Count me in!

Hope it’s also awesome! will miss the stream though.

Will be watching Twitch , looking forward to it as always!

Anybody looking for an artist?

Is anyone after a coder. I am quite new to UE4 (used to work in Unity)

Can’t wait! I had to skip the previous one. Hopefully the theme will fit enough that I can use my UE4Jam Project from January which I couldn’t finish on time :3
plus 2 months later now, new skills and knowledge learned that can be used :smiley:

Big shoes to fill, I’ll only try to hop in between them instead. Maybe do the Macarena at the same time. I might drool a little. Oh and of course play through all the fantastic game jam entries. “Drop it like it’s hot”

Just updated the thread. Both Jvthewanderer and VictorB will be streaming all the games, so make sure to check them out :smiley:

:eek: yay! :eek: bring it on!!!

I’m not leaving for GDC until the 16th!

I usually jam solo, but would be interested in partnering with some other (semi)experienced jammers.

bonus points if you know how to set up perforce/github for easy collaboration :wink:

do we have to make fonts from scratch?
photoshop brushes?
zbrush insert meshes?
movement, damage, projectile, AI, camera components?
menu systems?

or can we barrow some of these things from old projects to make something new?

Yes.

Quoted from February jam official rules: https://cdn2.unrealengine.com/CommunityTab/English/2016/Feb08/FebruaryGameJamContest-Rules_final-130151817.docx

Is someone looking for a teammate? I’m pretty good with blueprints and everything that is not art^^.

When we submit, do we include an executable for the game or just the project? Or both?

The detailed rules aren’t available yet, but in the February Jam you were only required to post a link where your executable is available for download. Though some provide a link to the the sources too which is handy if you find something you like and don’t know how they did it.

X3 is looking for talented individuals to not only Jam with each month, but develop outside of Jams. We were Honorable mention our first month (January) and 1st place winner for February for our game Voxel. Please send me a message via email or skype if you’d like to inquire. I look forward to speaking with anyone of the following talents & a dedication/passion to game design:

Programmers - C++ preferred
Modellers - Full workflow to include Hi-to-low, UV/Texturing, MapTransfers. Modular + Procedural generation would be sweet!

• someone with an outside-the-box understanding of special effects. post processing + camera effects a bonus!
    Sound - This is our weakest point in our development team! We direly would like to bring someone on board to bring life to the games through sound - Foley artist + Tracks.
    Tech-Artist - animation & rigging is your game! While we have a strong animation & rigging team - we’d like to expand on this and bring someone on to help add/flourish our games with vivid animations & special effects!

I will attempt to get the time to do this 1. The last couple of times I have tried work has gotten in the way and it’s a bit hard to develop on a laptop on flights and airports unfortunately.

Ok I am in, sent a PM with my team name

Coder by triad, creator of many very simply UE 4 projects, reader/watcher of countless training materials. Just to lazy to sit down and put theory into motion 

Hopefully this will light that fire under my butt and get me moving