User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Road Editor

Would the side spline guard rails be destructible? Does it have a component to attach to or spawn a elevated highway or expressway?

Check this. Bridge/elevated highway is fully armed and operational.
    Name:  tNoRJDs.jpg
Views: 1103
Size:  191.0 KB

What is this "per title" restriction on the studio license? Is that to say we must pay for a new license for each new game we want to use with the plugin?
    Procedural, modular, on-the-fly animation - iTween For UE4
    - Actors - Components - UMG - Ease In - Ease Out - Path-constrained Animation - $0

I've sent several emails with a serious problem why don't i get an answer?
    Since there is no documentations and not much information on the site this is not okay.
    I bought the personal edition knowing that I cannot Package Project but it turns out you cannot Launch project on your android either, which was unfortunate for me since i bought it thinking i could atleast launch it on my phone so i could use it in a student project.
    Since this was not enclosed on the site and developer not answering with a provided solution i hope i can get an refund.

Samaritan
    great plugin , it will be more powerful if you add an car traffic system for it. hope to see this happen in future .
    thanks

I would like to buy this. Could you please confirm that it's compatible with Max OS ?

Thanks

OK – I've done some research and now understand that plugins are written in C++ and so need to be compiled separately for Mac and Windows.

So my question to Talos Studio is "will you make a Mac compile for this plugin?"

My question to anyone else reading this is "do you know of any Mac compatible plugin with near-equivalent functionality?"

Thanks to all

Promoter
    Any tips on how to make a custom node editor like you guys have done? Are there some common base classes?

We're having some trouble with multiple intersections - your traffic circle wants everything to come in from equal distances apart.

Really like this plugin, but the licensing is throwing me of and Ill probably not buy it due to that. Even Quixel suite is both cheaper and got a much better license than the pro road-editor license. I am guessing larger studios rather develop in-house tools as well, than buying it at this price. Might be wise to consider micro-economics on such products.

How come my spline icons are so huge? I can hardly see the road and the gizmos get covered so I can hardly use them.

Name:  hwviiPC.png
Views: 756
Size:  630.3 KB

Also, any idea why i get stuck baking landscape textures every time I modify the road?

Promoter
    Any news on an update to 4.15? Thanks

Promoter
    Was this just a 4.13-4.14 thing? Whats going on with this plugin?

So, when will this be updated to 4.15? It's been quite a while. No word from the dev in the thread for months again.
    Last edited by Sitrec; 03-06-2017 at 04:58 AM.

Promoter
    Le Samedi, this is getting ridiculous. ANY word is very appreciated. Whether you stopped updating, let us know.

Yes I would like to know if there will be future update as well please?

Same, we are stuck on whether we can move the project to 4.15 due to this plug in. Sigh...

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence when the dev goes completely radio silent and ignores his customers for months. I was just about to upgrade my license since I started with a personal license to test it but I don't dare to do it when the developer keeps disappearing. Am I crazy for thinking that 5 minutes to answer a few forum questions every other week isn't that much to ask as paying customers?
    Last edited by Sitrec; 03-18-2017 at 08:15 PM.

Promoter
    Checking the update now. Thanks Le Samedi. I'll post back if all works good.

All is well
    Last edited by Rallii; 03-18-2017 at 04:45 PM.

Wow, he just released a 4.15 update!!! Still don't know what he added or not, as theres no information on the website or on this forum.. But i used to get major crashes, i hope all of that has been fixed in this update. Hopefully we can get some change logs!

Okay, i don't think he added any features or fixed any bugs, i think he just updated it to 4.14 and that was it. it still hangs whenever i drag a road out from a cross walk.. its really weird..

There's still a FOOOKK TON of crashes..

Promoter
    What issues are you having? I can confidently say my project has never crashed because of this Tool.

We've been trying to get in touch with Talos about upgrading our package from a Personal copy to a Studio copy. They said we just need to pay the difference between the two packages to upgrade.

Website, Twitter, Facebook, we're getting no responses. It's been several weeks. Does anyone have a contact email or phone number? Or know the guys personally? Can you get a message to them?

We really want to give these guys our money, we just can't find them.....lol

Anyone have any update on a way to contact Talos? We're out of ways we've found to contact them, and we haven't heard back in several weeks.

We'd really love to give them our business

We weren't able to get in contact with the Talos guys, so we bit the bullet and bought the Studio version.

The roads were too large to use in our game, so we shrank the static meshes by 50% to get a more realistic size (by editing the mesh, not in world editor because world editor way doesn't work). However, when you do that the "snap" or "attachment" points on the intersections and road transitions are off.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix it?

Name:  RE5L9lU.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  305.6 KB

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You only scaled he mesh down, the game still thinks the assets are at normal size.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpCheck ComMgt View Post
    We weren't able to get in contact with the Talos guys, so we bit the bullet and bought the Studio version.

The roads were too large to use in our game, so we shrank the static meshes by 50% to get a more realistic size (by editing the mesh, not in world editor because world editor way doesn't work). However, when you do that the "snap" or "attachment" points on the intersections and road transitions are off.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix it?

Name:  RE5L9lU.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  305.6 KB

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Just open the Road Network Configuration file and edit the connection point's locations in there. It will attach to wherever they are located.

Quote Originally Posted by Sitrec View Post
    Just open the Road Network Configuration file and edit the connection point's locations in there. It will attach to wherever they are located.
    Thanks for the heads up! I forwarded that on to the guys and they'll try that.

Hi,

I just bought the studio version of the plugin because it allows packaging the project. However, packaging fails bc "UE4-RoadRuntime.lib" has not been found. Anyone else had the issue that the downloaded zip-archive does not contain the binaries?

Greetings,
    Florian

Yeah i think i get that error too. I can't package my game with the plugin enabled. So what i do is i merged the roads, disable plugin, and package it like that. It's not convienient at ALL, but that's what i do. I suggest installing the first version, and than apply all the updates onto the first versions installation, instead of installing the new version right away.

Supporter
    Is't possible to set collision layer to ignore special objects? I want to use this tool to make river..

Pleaaaassseeee update to 4.16 please please please

We need 4.16. Please

I'd love to see a 4.16 update. Maybe address some of the crashing issues other people were talking about?

Promoter
    It seems the author of this plugin is fairly slow to update to newer versions.
    Last edited by Rallii; 07-08-2017 at 03:16 PM.

Anyone have any luck getting this to work with 4.16?

Hey everyone. You may want to consider switching to this. We have had 0 response for months from the developer and we can't update the binaries without him...
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?134508-Free-Simple-Road-Tool

This looks quite interesting.

Very strange.. He updated it to 4.16 and didn't post a single thing anywhere. I just don't get this dev....

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast