User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Road Editor

Quote Originally Posted by CheapModeler View Post
    Do you foresee any complications with this and the VXGI 4.11 build?
    You plan to do your game with vxgi ? No I do not see why there would be problems with vxgi 4.11. The content generated by the plugin are only static meshes, spline meshes, hierarchical instanced static meshes, and actor of your choice when you define side objects. If there are no problems with these three types of geometry, your specific actors, and Landscape Module code, it can not be any problem.
    Last edited by Le Samedi; 04-07-2016 at 11:37 AM.

Hello,

i purchase your plugin and it works well. But I woould like to have smalle white spheres for the spline. How can I adjust the transform of the white sphere.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lars Harzmann View Post
    Hello,

i purchase your plugin and it works well. But I woould like to have smalle white spheres for the spline. How can I adjust the transform of the white sphere.

Thanks
    Done, i add settings for visualizers. Download only binaries, and replace files.

Name:  RoadNetworkSettings2.jpg
Views: 1268
Size:  411.9 KB

Thanks for doing this. Great work.

Greetings

Did I miss something, or am I thinking of something else, but I could have sworn I saw trestles in a picture - for making bridges with.

Luminary
    Quote Originally Posted by Warcabbit View Post
    Did I miss something, or am I thinking of something else, but I could have sworn I saw trestles in a picture - for making bridges with.
    One page back on post #79

It is just a static mesh to test what do i need to do on the plugin to make bridges easier than now. I will take parts of this bridge mesh to construct side objects and side splines on road 2 lanes to activate/desactivate bridges parts on this with a more effecient digging transition. But side splines and digging ratio is not implemented yet. For now, it will deform pylons, and it is hard to setup a bridge with good looking digging.

(Deleted, of course it works that way)
    Last edited by Warcabbit; 04-19-2016 at 01:57 AM.

One guy already tried that. So i already put sources of roadruntime part in the plugin. You don't need it but your migration destination must have at least the runtime part of the plugin. I sended what you miss, but you just need to have runtime binaries to migrate this in an other project.

He did, it worked great! Thanks, Samedi.
    I can't wait to see how this develops.

Can we copy and paste roads?

How do we change the road textures?

Samaritan
    Having the ability to scale the width of the roads would be an awesome addition as roads don't always maintain an exact width.

Can we copy and paste roads?
    Yes you can. You can copy paste a road (Ctrl C -> Ctrl V on the mouse location). Since the multi selection is not implemented, i don't use this feature myself, but it is implemented.

How do we change the road textures?
    Like everything in the engine, by changing the material on the mesh. The road meshes are located in road folder in the default content plugin. Here is the process when i want to put the landscape material on the extrudes :

Name:  RoadMesh.jpg
Views: 1014
Size:  123.9 KB

Name:  RoadMaterial.jpg
Views: 1013
Size:  118.7 KB

Name:  RoadMaterialChanged.jpg
Views: 1018
Size:  122.7 KB

You can use the find function of the engine by clicking the brown icon on a mesh. You will arrive directly in the mesh folder.

Name:  RoadMeshFind.jpg
Views: 1012
Size:  123.8 KB

And of course you can implement your own meshes in the nework configuration if the UVs does not convince you.

Name:  ChangeMesh.jpg
Views: 1007
Size:  119.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Jack M.
    Having the ability to scale the width of the roads would be an awesome addition as roads don't always maintain an exact width.
    Ok you convinced me. I will implement spline scale after the Marketplace, i will not give to Epic a plugin a day, they have enough work, so currently i lock updates, but after.

By the way, I take the post to put the last updates i don't have time to put on the forum, thanks for the lot of feedback Frogwares send me, I add the "add cross" with a list of compatible cross when you select an extremity of a road (AddCrossAtExtremityBefore -> After).

Name:  AddCrossAtExtremityBefore.jpg
Views: 1008
Size:  119.1 KB

Name:  AddCrossAtExtremityAfter.jpg
Views: 1011
Size:  119.5 KB

And add the turn option (TurnClockwise and TurnCounterClockwise) with 90 degrees by default (the most usefull).

Name:  TurnClockwise.jpg
Views: 999
Size:  122.2 KB

Name:  TurnCounterClockwise.jpg
Views: 1003
Size:  121.5 KB

If you have a bad layout that make you unhappy you can fix it with the two button clockwise and counter.

Name:  BadLayout.jpg
Views: 1024
Size:  129.6 KB

Name:  GoodLayout.jpg
Views: 1009
Size:  128.4 KB

More easy to make city block now. I dont have time to make a 90 degrees turn mesh, but you can add yours and choose the direction with turn. And don't forget you can implement dead-end, a cross with 1 road output, if you need, We will use this to do a transition beetween a dirt layer path and a paved road mesh for our game, for example.

Do you know when you'd allow for us to be able change the scale of the spine? For our game it's significantly bigger than what we would like.

Hi Le Samedi, this is Bannaker Braulio from WolfB Studios (Brazil). We bought your Road Editor plugin for UR4 and the two versions available for download are crashed. We can download it, but we can't extract it. It says that the file is corrupted. Can you help us on that matter? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelPerfectPolygons View Post
    Do you know when you'd allow for us to be able change the scale of the spine? For our game it's significantly bigger than what we would like.
    Even if i implement scale, you will have to scale them at every point, by default the ratio will be 1. So i sended you the roads and crosses FBX. Maybe a good idea to reimport them at your specific game scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf B View Post
    Hi Le Samedi, this is Bannaker Braulio from WolfB Studios (Brazil). We bought your Road Editor plugin for UR4 and the two versions available for download are crashed. We can download it, but we can't extract it. It says that the file is corrupted. Can you help us on that matter? Thanks in advance.
    Sended to your customer email.

The email I realized buying >> aikatib@hotmail.com
    My email contact is Wolfbstudio@hotmail.com
    If doing something or send something, send in wolfbstudio@hotmail.com

Ok, sended.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Samedi View Post
    Even if i implement scale, you will have to scale them at every point, by default the ratio will be 1. So i sended you the roads and crosses FBX. Maybe a good idea to reimport them at your specific game scale.

Sended to your customer email.
    Thanks man! Got your e-mail! Your support is amazing!

The main issue we're having is this: In our game world there are multiple sized roads. We are doing 6m roads for main streets, 3m roads for our rside streets, and 2.5m roads for our dirt roads.

I already know we're going to have to create our own mesh for crosses that go from a 6m road to a 3m side street. However if we take a 6m road, attach a cross piece that goes from 6m to 3m, are we going to be able to continue with a 3m road on the other side? Or will we be stuck using a 6m road? Is this something you could work out? The image above is a good example of a 6m road, a 6m to 3m cross, and a 3m road coming out of the cross. What would be the best way of going about this?

Problem solved, thanks!

If i clearly understand, PixelPerfectPolygon, you means 1 roads 2 lanes with an out with 1 road 1 lane. I already do this in the RoadNetwork Configuration (the one by default). If i take a road 1 lane :

Name:  SelectRoad1W.jpg
Views: 919
Size:  389.8 KB

And begin to draw it on the landscape :

Name:  MakeRoad1W.jpg
Views: 909
Size:  376.8 KB

And Ctrl + Left Click (Auto Crossover) on a point on the other road 2 lane with the last point of the road 1 lane selected :

Name:  Transition1WTo2W.jpg
Views: 913
Size:  394.5 KB

You will have what i think you want. It give you a road 2 lane with a crossing that bifurcates on a road 1 lane. I put a stop as side object to give that in game :

Name:  InGameTransition.jpg
Views: 903
Size:  363.0 KB

I define this behavior in RoadNetwork Configuration :

Name:  OnRoadNetwork.jpg
Views: 918
Size:  376.8 KB

So for your game i would scale the road 2 lane to 6 meters, the road 1 lane with 3 meters, and the dirt road with a layer material on the landscape (when i can avoid spline mesh i do it with layers). But you can implement your road 2.5 meters with the road 1 lane (you will have LODs) i give you as fbx and put a dirt material on it. You will just have to work on side of the material (a mask?) to not have a sharped transition beetween dirt and landscape, not shoking on asphalt road, but strange on dirt road.

You sent an email with a doubt when you give answers, the package is very good, congratulations, bought and recommend

Hi, my name is Diego Ribeiro, I'm from WolfB Studios. We bought the plugin, started using it and had some issues.

Ok, i figured out some ways to make the roads attach to each other correctly, without changing the plugin itself.

I'v made a road that goes around the area of a favela in Rio de Janeiro, but first, I made the montain, modeled with unreal Landscape. Everytime I move 1 road, rotate, or create a new spline, point, whatever, it just crashes all the landscape around it. I cant remove the Auto Digging function, because it always come back, and everytime I create a new road, I tried to disable the function first, but it enables itself when I create a new. If I delete the points, it also crashes the landscape.. I dunno what to do anymore, since the landscape if "photorealistic", if I crash, I will loose all the work.. and the roads, the plugin shouldn't have that behavior too.

I will show some screenshots:

Name:  Untitleda.jpg
Views: 775
Size:  429.1 KB
    Name:  Untitledaa.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  416.9 KB
    Name:  Untitledaaa.jpg
Views: 755
Size:  409.9 KB

Hi Diego,

What do you mean by the landscape crash, something like the last picture ? That means you sculpt after making road.
    Ok so look at this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6UlzbaVTh8 at 17:00 and look until the end. You will have your answer.

The plugin shouldn't have that behavior, yes, but i am limited to a plugin, not an engine. I have no way to "capture" your sculpt and put it in my cache without changing the landscape module. Not a single delegate left by some programmer in sculpt editor mode, and i have searched

By the way to resolve this issue, delete the cached landscape (CahedLandscape) under the landscape you have change. Assume that the previous digging is now part of your landscape. And let me know.

Thanks for replying Le Samedi.

I deleted the Cache, worked fine. That way I can control what I'm doing.
    Thanks.

Ok, good to know. Tell me if there is an other issue.

Le Samedi's support is amazing everything. Here is progress from my Our Ghosts of War project using the Road Editor plugin.

talos-studio.com is down, is it still possible to buy this amazing plugin?

Quote Originally Posted by Max Powerz View Post
    talos-studio.com is down, is it still possible to buy this amazing plugin?
    Pff, it seems to be my web hosting. At home it is not down but it seems to be down abroad... i'll contact them.

Name:  Website.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  129.0 KB

Awesome tool! Myself was working on a plugin to build road networks, but this! Wow! Amazing work! Congrats!

So a more thorough review of the plug-in and then words on the developer himself.

First the plug-in is a massive time saver. Literally with a point and a click you can lay down roads effortlessly and painlessly. I've laid down hundreds of roads and as a barely out of the womb level designer it couldn't be easier. There are however a couple of ways for this great plug-in to get even better.

01. The plug-in can't do hard corners. Generally if you're have to make a hard right turn instead of making the 90 degree turn the plug-in will make the spline a curve. You'll need to make your own meshes to handle this and implement them in the Road Network.
    02. You can't switch road meshes. Once you place a road down and want to make it into a different mesh you'll need to erase the whole road and start over again. It's tedious but I've talked to Le Samedi about it and he intends to add this feature in the next two days.

As for my review of Le Samedi...

Every time I've had an issue, Le Samedi has been online on Skype inside of 5 minutes to help me figure my problems out. He is a genuine good guy developer. Yesterday he spent 2 hours with with me to figure out a mistake I made with my sublevels. Always pleasant. Always engaging. If for no other reason than this I would suggest everybody pick up the Road Editor plug-in. It's not only a great time saver but the guy behind it is a wonderful human being. Truly A+ work.

Nice work, looks like something you could do in Houdini (kinda - if you know how that is)

The plug-in is awesome, the developer is very responsive, his hosting sucks and you should check your download to make sure you got the whole thing. Find the fastest internet connection you can for the best chances.

Hey Le Samedi,
    How can I buy the plugin? Your store is displaying the following alert:
    This product is protected and cannot be purchased.

Are you planing to add it to the unreal marketplace? In that case, old buyers will get the plugin there once released?

Thank you, and grats for the awesome plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelPerfectPolygons View Post
    02. You can't switch road meshes. Once you place a road down and want to make it into a different mesh you'll need to erase the whole road and start over again. It's tedious but I've talked to Le Samedi about it and he intends to add this feature in the next two days.
    Yes, it was easy to implement, but i don't update to make this only happen when the level is loaded, you know World Composition can be hell, so it take some time. I don't like when computer is crying when you ask it to replace thousands of spline mesh

Quote Originally Posted by Out of Shadow View Post
    Nice work, looks like something you could do in Houdini (kinda - if you know how that is)
    Yes, the "runtime editor" make me think at Infraworks, but the editor with nodes look a little like Houdini, if i remember well.

his hosting sucks and you should check your download to make sure you got the whole thing. Find the fastest internet connection you can for the best chances.
    I agree. I am looking at that. In worse case you just need updates. 16 Mo it should pass through this ocean without problems.

Quote Originally Posted by darorck View Post
    Hey Le Samedi,
    How can I buy the plugin? Your store is displaying the following alert:
    This product is protected and cannot be purchased.
    Hi darorck. Yes, it is because i don't make enough doc, so i put a "contact us" to verify you can at least install it and use it. The tool is personal at start, maybe too, and i don't have time to make tutorial and doc for beginers, that's it. For now I continue without any constraint as the development and maintenance.

Are you planing to add it to the unreal marketplace?
    It is in submission, but i don't continue for same reason as before. Anyway I'll continue where it was, it will save me time when it will be good for the marketplace.

In that case, old buyers will get the plugin there once released?
    I don't know, I guess yes, a bit like the steam keys. I must ask them when I would resume. But I really advice to wait for the marketplace if it worries.

Thank you, and grats for the awesome plugin.
    Thanks a lot.

Unhappy Issue with buying your ROAD plugin?

Hi Le Samedi,
    I am trying to purchase your plugin but on your website it says it protected:
    "This product is protected and cannot be purchased."
    Is it off the market?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Shizzla View Post
    Hi Le Samedi,
    I am trying to purchase your plugin but on your website it says it protected:
    "This product is protected and cannot be purchased."
    Is it off the market?
    No, just contact us before buying.

Updates : http://talos-studio.com/updates-data-refresh/

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast