User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Road Editor

When is the release for the market

Quote Originally Posted by Le Samedi View Post
    It's already implemented. It's the "T" key

Copy paste (ctrl c + ctrl v) also implemented for Shirk.
    What is Shirk?

Promoter
    Obviously a buy, by the way do you plan to add road fade material to be option aswell? For example if you would want to do dirt road or road with stones, that kind of road would fade away on edges (heightmap bldended prefferebly) otherwise it would be too harsh edge for such design. I would defenetly be interested in pruchase but probably without that feature i cant use it.

Man i'm ready to pay for that, right now !!

Quote Originally Posted by Raskev View Post
    When is the release for the market
    When C++ Plugin will be accepted on Marketplace. I'm sure Epic is working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelPerfectPolygons View Post
    What is Shirk?
    A pseudo, third post.

Quote Originally Posted by janpec View Post
    do you plan to add road fade material to be option aswell? For example if you would want to do dirt road or road with stones, that kind of road would fade away on edges (heightmap bldended prefferebly) otherwise it would be too harsh edge for such design. I would defenetly be interested in pruchase but probably without that feature i cant use it.
    I already try to blend a dirt road with an asphalt road, with a "cross" with 2 outputs, because crosses are static mesh i could paint on vertex to make a blend by hand, it works great, but it's by hand. And if you want a custom blend, you need to make it in the blend material of the cross. To have this inside the plugin, it depends on the evolution, i don't know how to design this yet. Be aware there is a huge amount of code behind, but it is an interesting proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePoetikAngel View Post
    Man i'm ready to pay for that, right now !!
    A big thank you for this support

Promoter
    When C++ Plugin will be accepted on Marketplace. I'm sure Epic is working on it.

A pseudo, third post.

I already try to blend a dirt road with an asphalt road, with a "cross" with 2 outputs, because crosses are static mesh i could paint on vertex to make a blend by hand, it works great, but it's by hand. And if you want a custom blend, you need to make it in the blend material of the cross. To have this inside the plugin, it depends on the evolution, i don't know how to design this yet. Be aware there is a huge amount of code behind, but it is an interesting proposition.

A big thank you for this support

Not sure if i understood you correctly, i didnt mean blending 2 different roads together, rather blending road with landscape, so that road fades away on edges into landscape texture.

Quote Originally Posted by janpec View Post
    Not sure if i understood you correctly, i didnt mean blending 2 different roads together, rather blending road with landscape, so that road fades away on edges into landscape texture.
    A ok, well, very more easy to implement. A sort of dead-end. That, i can put it in the plugin, just wait for the second release.

Dealing with Rail inside roadnetwork. Meshes will be in default content.

Name:  RailRoad0.jpg
Views: 1077
Size:  357.9 KB

Name:  RailRoad1.jpg
Views: 1106
Size:  455.1 KB

Name:  RailRoad2.jpg
Views: 1081
Size:  394.0 KB

Dealing with Rail inside roadnetwork. Meshes will be in default content.

Name:  RailRoad0.jpg
Views: 1077
Size:  357.9 KB

Name:  RailRoad1.jpg
Views: 1106
Size:  455.1 KB

Name:  RailRoad2.jpg
Views: 1081
Size:  394.0 KB
    Excellent.

One thing: the scale of your railroad tracks. They appear to be too large in comparison to your pavement. Standard gauge (North America) is 4 ft 8 1⁄2 in or ​1,435 mm. (1.435 meter) Two lane roads are in the neighborhood of 24 feet (7.2 meters) wide. This gives a width ratio of more or less 5 to 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhynedahll View Post
    Excellent.

One thing: the scale of your railroad tracks. They appear to be too large in comparison to your pavement. Standard gauge (North America) is 4 ft 8 1⁄2 in or ​1,435 mm. (1.435 meter) Two lane roads are in the neighborhood of 24 feet (7.2 meters) wide. This gives a width ratio of more or less 5 to 1.
    Ok i will scale them down

Any news on the incorporation of OpenStreetData?

Am I incorrect in assuming the first release is already available on your third party site? Can I get a link?

I'm interested in the rail aspect and openstreetdata. When will this be available?

Nothing on OpenStreetData?

Nothing on OpenStreetData?
    Hi PixelPerfectPolygons. For what i see the first thing is to import, clean unnecessary OSM data, and turn them into more compatible data for the plugin. The second is more serious and can take a while, link road type in the plugin with a road type in OSM data, like the retarget system of Unreal skeleton. This mean make a retarget dialog like Unreal. Don't know how much time it cost. I'll let you know but it will not come immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Therriault View Post
    Am I incorrect in assuming the first release is already available on your third party site? Can I get a link?
    No i didn't put this on the website yet, but it will come shortly.

Looks amazing!! What is the link to your website?

Quote Originally Posted by Ministelis View Post
    Looks amazing!! What is the link to your website?
    If I gave you the link when you'd ask me, you would pay $ 94 for a JPEG. Not sure you'd be happy. Now everything work fine, here it is : http://talos-studio.com

Thank you soo much, I will check it out tonight!!!

The website mentions that the source is not included so is this just a game plugin and not engine? Also, what are the license terms if we want to include this in a release? Thanks.

Hi Le Samedi

When accepted by Epic C++ plugins, you to intend to submit it to the Marketplace ?
    if I could to buy it via Epic's Marketplace how much will it cost.

There are plans to submit in the future ?

luny

Quote Originally Posted by rennsix View Post
    The website mentions that the source is not included so is this just a game plugin and not engine?
    It is both, an engine plugin (UE4Editor-RoadEditor.dll) and an game plugin (UE4Editor-RoadRuntime.dll), but the runtime plugin is just to handle two actors (CrossActor and RoadActor), and possibly include runtime feature for next releases (like AI Traffic for example).

Quote Originally Posted by rennsix View Post
    Also, what are the license terms if we want to include this in a release? Thanks.
    Ah yes i forgot to put licence in presentation page.

Commercial, Royalty Free: Licensee may use Software for any purpose, including paid-services, without any royalties
    Including the right to Distribute Derivative Works: Licensee may create and distribute derivative works based on Software, including amending Software’s source code, modifying it, integrating it into a larger work or removing portions of Software, as long as credit to the Licensor is granted and that redistribution is made under the terms of this license.

Quote Originally Posted by lunyBunny View Post
    When accepted by Epic C++ plugins, you to intend to submit it to the Marketplace ?
    That is i am working on And i will try to be part on first release of C++ Plugin on the marketplace like they said in the first QA of this post : https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?69402-Marketplace-FAQ-and-Guidelines
    But it dates from long this post (05-08-2015) ...

Quote Originally Posted by lunyBunny View Post
    if I could to buy it via Epic's Marketplace how much will it cost.
    Well, more than now, but i don't know. Cannot tell you the price.

OK great. Thanks for the information.

Champion
    Cant wait to see this on the marketplace

Quote Originally Posted by jojo8026 View Post
    Cant wait to see this on the marketplace
    I just submit it to the marketplace last hour

Will be purchasing soon. Any chance of tutorials?

Yes, nobody asked for a tutorial, so i made just few sequence. I'll finish the tutorial soon, just to show that we can build bridges with, even in his current state

Also any plans for writing out a road map for features you intend to add moving forward?

We have, but it is not fixed, so we cannot expose a roadmap. Currently waiting for bugs, urgent changes, but does not seem to happen, current customers seem happy, so i will start implementing side splines soon, that is the next step i can give you.

Ok i made this tutorial for start : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6UlzbaVTh8

Thank you!

Purchased. Will leave a review for everyone.

Yep. Changing the php.ini fixed everything. It's looking VERY good. You're going to be very successful with this.
    Last edited by PixelPerfectPolygons; 03-27-2016 at 10:20 PM.

It happens to people on the other end of the globe, web hosting rotten ... I changed the php.ini, I hope that's enough, you retry the site occasionally.

Yep. Changing the php.ini fixed everything. It's looking VERY good. You're going to be very successful with this.
    Thanks God, people can download quiet , thank you again to test. Now, if there are annoying little things that change for the next version , tell me , I would take when I finish the gameplay of a game in a week.

Buying this now. Thank you! Any idea when bridges will be implemented? Also is there any plans on adding a feature for making tunnels though a landscape? Our map is very mountainous so bridges and tunnels would save us a lot of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sitrec View Post
    Buying this now. Thank you! Any idea when bridges will be implemented? Also is there any plans on adding a feature for making tunnels though a landscape? Our map is very mountainous so bridges and tunnels would save us a lot of time.
    Hi, sorry for the delay. I will implement composite spline for the next release, that mean you will be able to enable meshes that can be part of bridges (like support and pylon, i will add this to default content for example). So bridges will be more easy to do in the next version, even if you can already make bridges. For tunnel, it is pretty easy to do, you disable auto digging on a part of the road, paint a hole where the spline passes through the landscape and fulfill with stones around the hole for good looking. Take 1 minute. I will also include a dome for example to add on the 2 lane road. I think it is a good idea for the next version to make 2 videos : how to make a bridge and how to make a tunnel
    Last edited by Le Samedi; 03-30-2016 at 09:32 AM.

Hi, sorry for the delay. I will implement composite spline for the next release, that mean you will be able to enable meshes that can be part of bridges (like support and pylon, i will add this to default content for example). So bridges will be more easy to do in the next version, even if you can already make bridges. For tunnel, it is pretty easy to do, you disable auto digging on a part of the road, paint a hole where the spline passes through the landscape and fulfill with stones around the hole for good looking. Take 1 minute. I will also include a dome for example to add on the 2 lane road. I think it is a good idea for the next version to make 2 videos : how to make a bridge and how to make a tunnel
    Sounds great! I know how to make tunnels by hand, I just think it would be great to have a feature for it to save time. Thanks!

I thought too. But if I handle the material hole in the plugin, if you do a grotto near a tunnel and then you move slightly the tunnel, because I manage landscape holes, I could erase your hole of the cave not on purpose. So i need to think about it. There is no technical difficulties, but i cannot rewrite the landscape module of Unreal Not sure we can sell an engine.

Road Editor for 4.11 is available for current costumers. Thanks to Epic, you can now paint vertex on spline meshes.

Name:  VertexPaint.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  477.8 KB

For conversion, just open a copy and replace plugin files. For people using default road network configuration, just download binaries, otherwise it will be broken.

Do you foresee any complications with this and the VXGI 4.11 build?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast