Why is my BSP losing rotation, scale, and location changes after adjusting brush settings?

When creating stairs and such in UE4 I’ve noticed when scaling or adding stairs they snap back to their origin and I lose any rotation or movement I’ve done to them. Is there a way to fix this, or am I just doing something wrong?

Hey DatMiyamoto,

When you make adjustments to a brush through Details panel, it recreates brush. This is intended behavior. Once you have brush way you want it, then you can rotate, scale, and position it as you want, but changing Brush Settings will create a new brush to replace one you were using before.

It should not, however, be repositioning itself. I wasn’t able to reproduce that issue; when you use a brush, are you dragging into your level from Modes tab? Then move it, make a change in Brush Settings, it moves to origin?

Best,

I guess it’s not moving to origin of map, I may not have been clear enough sorry. It moves back to where object was initially places which I considered it’s origin. Does that help? If not here’s order of what I was doing
-Drag into level

-Move to intended location

-Resize or Rotate

-It goes back to where it was drug into level.

From what you said that seems to be how it should work though

I’m still not getting reposition to happen. Is there anything else that you’re doing I might be missing?

It appears I was just mistaken it does not go back to it’s origin it simply goes back to where it was before I rotated it which I believe you said is supposed to happen, sorry about that

Thank you for your help