Error! No version information received

Recently downloaded the Epic Games Launcher and encountered this error as soon as I launched the launcher.

I followed this: A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums.

I added the -http:wininet along with changing the timeout settings in the ini file.

But nothing changed. Still the same problem.
I’ve uploaded my dxdiag along with a dropbox link to the logs of the launcher: Dropbox - Error - Simplify your life

Hi drogoth232,

The logs you have for download looks like the standard Launcher logs. Could you follow the steps in this section of the guide to generate your Debug Logs and post them here?

That’s odd, because that’s exactly what I did.

Ah, my fault. I didn’t notice the file was in reverse chronological order.

Not a problem, just want to be able to fix this issue so I can get started.

Hi Drogoth232,
Taking a look at you debug logs here, just wanted to confirm that you tried configuring to use Google DNS servers or OpenDNS.

Can you also open this link and tell me what you see?

-Max B.

I had tried configuring it to Google DNS servers. No change. Or maybe I did it incorrectly? Was following Google’s tutorial on doing it.

Here’s what the link shows:

{
“app” : “account”,
“moduleName” : “Epic-Account-PublicService”,
“branch” : “Release”,
“buildDate” : “2015-04-30T02:23:37.597Z”,
“serverDate” : “2015-05-06T18:02:38.226Z”,
“build” : “91”,
“cln” : “2531218”,
“overridePropertiesVersion” : “$Revision: #83 $”,
“version” : “1.20”
}

and you can confirm you are not behind a proxy or firewall? Or If you are behind one, that you have made an exception for the EpicGamesLauncher?

Yes, I’m sure that I’m not behind a proxy or firewall. In fact, I just checked and found out that I’ve actually not been behind a firewall, and am starting to install one. I will be sure to make an exception for the EGL as soon as it is installed.

ok thank you for the confirmation. I want to have a developer look into the situation on this one and wanted to be sure you’ve tried all the known solutions we have for a situation like this. We’ll reply back soon when we have new information or questions.

-Max B.

Sounds good to me.

Thank you for your efforts and time.

We’re seeing the following error in your logs:

12017 ERROR_INTERNET_OPERATION_CANCELLED
The operation was canceled, usually because the handle on
which the request was operating was closed before the
operation completed.

This is causing our server requests to fail immediately and usually indicates that there is some sort of antivirus blocking this functionality. Try disabling antivirus software and you could also try running as administrator.

Let us know if that helps at all.

Disabled my antivirus permanently (until I reenable it, of course) and ran it as admin, same result.

May I ask what antivirus software you’re using?

I had avast installed, uninstalled it with no results. I realized I also had norton installed, but it hadn’t been actually doing anything so I uninstalled that as well, with no results. I then turned off Windows Firewall, and still no results.

Please can you open “Internet Options”, go to the “Connections” tab, click “LAN Settings”, and let me know what the settings are?

Here is a picture of the window: http://puu.sh/iCDAd/6c9686b0ba.png

Thanks drogoth232,

Can you try and enable “Automatically detect settings” and see if that improves things?

Hi drogoth232,

We haven’t heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please try the suggestion that Yeurch mentioned above. Then post back here with the requested info.

Cheers,

TJ