Dishonored-esque doublejump in BPs

Hey comrades. I wanna make Dishonored-like double jump - you press and hold “Spacebar” then character jumps. While you still holding “Spacebar”, on the peak of the first jump, character jumps again. I tried to implement it, but no luck. What I’m doing wrong? Thanx.

Thanx a lot! But for me in does’t work with “Jump” after the branch. I changed it for this instead and it worked.

Thank you a hyperlot! This is very interesting.)

You probably did not adjust the number of allowed jumps on the character. See below. Works for 1st person, too.

What I’m doing wrong?

• you’re testing whether the Spacebar key is pressed and the character is falling at the moment of the jump, right after the initial keypress, not at the apex. Both branches return false as the character is not even jumping yet - it surely is not falling. And the space has yet to be down for longer than 1 frame
  • also, you’ve assumed that isFalling means the character is actually falling down (don’t blame you), the node should be called Is Not On the Ground to better reflect the conditional check

While there are many, many ways to achieve a double jump, see if this method produces a satisfactory result:

You can probably get away with a single Apex per Simulation. But from my experience, it may not always trigger when the framerate fluctuates. Start with one and only crank it up if it misbehaves. Kind of depends on what other behaviours are required during / after the jump.

And if you want to use Apex, you can do it like so:

This is the intended ‘by-the-book’ way to double/triple jump, afaik. Pick what works best for you and roll with it.

But in the long run event-driven is better than Tick.