No announcement yet.

Babylon project (provisional name)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic [UDK] Babylon project (provisional name)

Babylon project (provisional name)

Babylon project is a provisional name for a open world, multi mission, single player game.

It's ambiented in the mesopotamian cultures, but it's a fantasy, not historical, game.

The game is inspired by the stories of the Anunnaki in the ancient Sumer.

I started to learn UDK two years ago and at this point the code part is almost finished. Still there are a lot of work with the graphic part.

The map area has 100 square kilometers (but some are water). It's a UDK Landscape with several localizations using streaming levels.

Foliage is placed around the player dynamically:

Click image for larger version

Name:	landscape_04 (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	1167825

Illumination are full dynamic, with complete day/night cycle, night lighting with shadows, etc.

The game uses the principle of "if are hidden, destroy it" as a way to always keep a minimum of actors on the map and can run at an acceptable framerate. An example of this is the foliage, but it also applies to characters and objects on the map.

Characters are modular, can be customized in appearance, clothes, etc.

Name:	armors_01.jpg
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	1167826

APEX cloth are used for some cloths and hairs.

Alien ship:

Name:	anunnakiship02.jpg
Size:	267.8 KB
ID:	1179920

Here is one of the latests videos:

More videos in the Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/cobaltudk

the (provisional) game blog: http://cobaltudk.blogspot.com.es/

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010149724914

The game main language will be english with subtitles for others languages, but in the videos some voices are in spanish (I'm from Spain). Are "dummy" voices, not for the final game.

I have had sporadic collaborations but basically I'm working alone in the project. If you are interested in collaborating (royalties) please contact me. Particularly 3D artists are needed.

(the old thread from the previous UDK forums: https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...-just-learning )
    Last edited by CobaltUDK; 04-08-2016, 02:47 PM. Reason: Update

• replied
    Hey It's Amy P (Amelia) from UDK forums. Finally I'm here, following your thread.

Aaaaaaaaand... Now I understand why you don't want to migrate to Unreal 4 XDDD I got stuck on simple things with Blueprints (like that ******* Calculate Direction changed in version 4.21).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Good, please email me at cobaltudk(a)gmail.com and we'll talk.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CobaltUDK View Post
    Hi Jondavis99, do you want to collaborate as a 3D modeler and animator?
    Would be great to work with another artist... Yes!

BTW: for that last scene, you could render rain-pools with a modification of "Blend by slopeAngle" : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbiEQNL12A4
    Last edited by JonDavis99; 04-06-2019, 01:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Jondavis99, do you want to collaborate as a 3D modeler and animator?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello Cobalt, i am a hard-surface 3d modeller, and your work is extremely impressive!

I am currently building a map in 3ds max for import to UE4 for a game called "Insurgency: Sandstorm," however, the SDK and Editor are not released, and possibly never will be... I would like to submit an application for: 3D Modelling/UVW Unwrapping models and creating custom OLD's/Animation (preferably in Kismet, i am not great at human animation, but excellent at Kismet anim with multi-objects.)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It has, but only when it rains.

The torches are also water resistant. And people should run when it rains, but something must have broken in the scripts.

Name:	rain_01.jpg
Size:	230.2 KB
ID:	1599517

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Si es que siempre os fijáis en lo mismo
    Hard to fight the DNA but seriously, it looks awesome tech wise.Try some time to place a slightly reflective cubemap on those marble white floor tiles to see if it catches the eye more.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Si es que siempre os fijáis en lo mismo

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I haven't seen that movie... What's the point?
    You are thinking in Sin City.Ive said sinners,
    que me referia a ciudad de pecados con tantas mujeres con estas buenas curvas hehe

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I haven't seen that movie... What's the point?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Man, you are very close to make a true sinner city out of this game

Leave a comment:

• replied
    3:32
    Very good. * -_- *

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Some clothes I have been working on:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Good, I know a game called "Knight of light", and... probably Ubisoft will make some Assassins Creed in the mesopotamian culture.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X