Babylon project (provisional name)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Kee, it's futuristic, but has a "retro" touch.

661gaz, then look at 6:12

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1 minute and 5 seconds in gave me a rare laugh out loud moment.thank you for that.a great start to the day.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Excellent work! Looks amazing! @_@

"VCTF-Retribution" is a map based on the future world.
    But I think that your map looks nice with your characters.
    I don't feel a sense of incompatibility from your map. @_@

It's the proper work.
    The sense of balance is good!

Leave a comment:

• replied

This is a test I did with a map for Unreal Tournament called "VCTF-Retribution", downloaded from here long time ago:

https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...TF-Retribution

I have included it in my main 10x10 km map as an stream level (the map are loaded when you are near).

I wanted to have an idea as how the game can look once finished, using a well finished map like this.

This is only a test, the game is ambiented in the ancient Mesopotamia, and this level doesn't fit. It's only a test.

In this video you can see:

- Camera auto focus and auto exposure (both are configurable and deactivable).

- Dynamic illumination (no GI), with day/night cycle and torches casting shadows.

- 64 bots following a path using splines.

And some bugs:

- Bots don't detect ledges too well, sometimes they fall as if they were lemmings.

- Some clothes don't fit well because the base models were modified after made the cloth. I prefer to have a definitive base model before fixing the cloth.

- Framerate is bad, with frequently falls under 60 fps because the map has a lot of individual meshes (about 7000), and the 64 bots aren't optimized (too many modules, no LOD for clothes, apex clothing, etc).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CobaltUDK View Post
    Some, ejem... body phisics:

Commence the jigglin'!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Chosker, correct.
    Kee, painted inner wear good for modders.

Here is a cheap camera automatic exposure with practically no performance cost.

It's based on the Sun angle and the player occlusion.

The whole screen is brighter depending of these two values, using postproccess Scene_HighLights.

With this is possible to reduce the global ambient light without having too dark image in the penumbra.

In the video, exposition are exaggerated, to make the effect more noticeable.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh~ Good inner wear~ ^^

White is the truth of inner wear. *-_-*

Leave a comment:

• replied
    looks very nice. perhaps a little too jiggly but at least it feels quite dynamic compared to the usual staticness of character skin

so the hair is apex cloth, and the jiggly body parts are just extra bones with always-on physics, right?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Some, ejem... body phisics:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Heh, sure I envy UE4 users... but I need to finish this project before.

Here is a model inspired on the Queen Puabi:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sheb-Ad_2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	249.1 KB
ID:	1098331

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The game has great graphics and gameplay, you will make some jaleous Unreal 4 users

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you, I had some collaborations, for example Daniel Akbari did a clean retopology of my old female model and I did the rest. Alex Boyco and Alex Pryde did house models and I have used some free animations and models parts from Mixamo.

Now AmyP is working in a house model and still waiting for people that wants to accept a risk working for royalties in this project.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Background graphic is very clean and excellent.

You are a great person.
    Last edited by Keehoon Ahn; 01-05-2016, 12:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes, it's a honor for me, thanks to Sweeney and to all of you. Your comments are very appreciated.

I made a dismemberment system using "HideBoneByName". Here's the video, with graphic content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOmXoNhz36I

Perhaps it's a little bloody, and I don't know if this is the path I want to follow. What do you think?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Tim Sweeney View Post
    Beautiful!
    Congrats CobaltUDK on that compliment...Tim Sweeney himself....
    The game looks great so I agree...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X