No announcement yet.

[GAME] Fursan al-Aqsa - Knights of al-Aqsa Mosque

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey game is looking very interesting, i would really work a lot on it best of luck
    Some cool unreal projects you may like!

Developer of GOTA - Survivalism Gladiatorial game Buy the game Buy it have fun

Download the demo Download the demo
    external link Dropbox DropBox

Become a c++ Professional now C++ Networking Tutorial

Comment

Hello guys!!!

Finally some new updates here (real life issues sometimes take all my free time).

First of all, I modified the character model (the game protagonist), I changed the textures (camo) to give a more military look to the player. I also edited the model itself a bit, I added a backpack to combine with the weapons' equip and reload animations.

I also increased a bit the poly count of this character (game protagonist), just to smooth the base mesh whenever playing these custom animations.
      Here is the updated model:

Also, finally I was able to play custom animations on the UTAttachment class, so now I can have a reload animation on which the player appears to load and unload the magazine on the gun.

The UScript part was very easy, I just had the need to create some custom functions on UTPawn that will play the animation on the UTAttachment Class, because only the Pawn can play animations on the attachment. Then on the weapon class (inside the events, like activate, fire) I created some custom functions to play the pawn functions I created for the attachment animations.

In example, this function is to play the rpg reload animation:

This is in UTPawn:

Code:
      simulated function RPG7ReloadAnim()
      {
        if(CurrentWeaponAttachment != None)
           //PlayAnim(bool bLoop, float InRate, float StartTime)
           CurrentWeaponAttachment.Mesh.PlayAnim('rpg7_anim_reload',,, false);
      }

Now this is on the weapon class:

Code:
              //this will call the function to play reload animation on the UTAttachment Mesh
              UTPawn(Owner).RPG7ReloadAnim();

Also, on the specific case of the RPG7 I had the need to hide and unhide the rocket, i.e, whenever the player shoots, it goes away, so whenever the player reloads, it appears.

It was easily achieved by using HideBoneByName:

Code:
      simulated function RPG7EjectRocket()
      {
        if(CurrentWeaponAttachment != None)
           //PlayAnim(bool bLoop, float InRate, float StartTime)
           CurrentWeaponAttachment.Mesh.HideBoneByName('b_gun_muzzleflash', PBO_Disable);
      }

The hardest part indeed was to sync the animation of the weapon and pawn, I had the need to manually animate the rocket being ejected and loaded:

Now here is another gameplay video showing the rpg7 reload animation in-game (also the reload magazine animation for AK-47):

Last edited by udkultimate; 09-24-2018, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Looks good to me,but still are you ready for some constructive criticism? Remember, we are all udk brothers here so what is said, is always with good intention.
        If this game is ment mainly for steam, you will have to do what big companies do to mask things that ¨¨coud¨¨ be looked with a wrong perspective.When he fires the rpg he is always saying the same thing, which on one hand will become annoying and on the other may trigger the ¨¨spider senses¨¨ of a valve employe to take it as propaganda.Im sure that on the east side of the world saying¨¨He is great¨¨ is something common and with good intention but sadly due to western/European news and mainly Hollywood, when people hear that frase, they are thought to take cover .Glad I'm not a sheep and I kind of dig it with the music as I enjoy different stuff and I'm sure other will to.

On the other hand, we cant ignore games like shoot rage,manhunt and more on steam that preach a similar message..

Here is a idea.If you remember, the original resident evil game>the gun has 10 bullets and in a random way there was always one bullet that was stronger than the others and makes a auto headshot and people were always waiting for it like a Russian roulette.

Make a random switch for the rpg with lets say 10 intents and only one will feature the battle cry you have.And to make it more interesting, maybe make for that one random shot to have triple the damage distance,particle effect size and even muzzle flash.So that it looks like a extreme/rage? rocket blast that has all means to finish the job quicker.

More info.I cant tell from the screenshot, but I think you can do better job on the eyebrow and eyes texture.Maybe even add some little dirt camo on the face or light dark makeup close to the eyes?
        The way the right arm bends in the wrist area is a little extreme.I suspect you are using the ut3 skeleton mapped to your character.It has happened to me too but maybe play a little more with the weights distribution in that area is a good idea as you are loosing the thickness of the arms due to the skin stretch.

Comment

Hello my friend. Off course I am open to any kind of criticism, indeed, this is what make us grow as game developers.

As I said, everything is a work in progress, and it is subject to change. I want first of all is to get the right pace and feel of the game, I want to let people have that "explosive action" feel whenever playing my game.

I intend to release this on Steam first, and if Sony and Microsoft allow me, I will release on both PS3 and Xbox360 using my own port of UDK Engine, however my focus now is exclusively on Steam Launch.

Yeah, I agree that the cry battle "Allahu Akbar (God is Great)" is a bit repetitive , and I loved your idea: Imagine the player on the heat of a boss batle, being hunt by an Apache Helicopter, or an Isreali Merkava Tank superpowered, and then he has used all his rockets, lefting only the last rocket, the last bullet, the player is despaired, fearing lose the battle, then, by a "miracle" the protagonist shouts out the battle cry and the rocket launchs with a superpower, a big explosion and destroy the boss, making the player win the battle!!!

Imagine the kind of satisfaction the player will have!!! Man, thanks for this awesome idea, I will write it down on my "to do list".

About the character model, like I said before, I purchased many game ready assets packs (character, props, weapons), and those characters already come rigged with their own skeleton, however I found easier for me have a common skeleton, so I can have only one animset that will be shared between all characters in my game, and I told myself is better use the default UT3 Skeleton. I did replace almost all the default UT3 Animations, and added some extra animations to the animset. I am using mocap files edited in blender and retargeted to the UT3 Skeleton, to keep things simple. I don't like the idea of having a different skeleton for different characters.

So this is what I have done I rigged my characters to the default UT3 Skeleton, I am using Blender, so I am still learning, I did not master it yet, however I realized that these problem on the arms bend happens because this specific character I am using his body differs a lot from the UT3 Male, so the bones don't fit perfectly on the character mesh, but I am sure fixing the skin weights on the arm will make it look better, or at least less worse

I have many other characters I can use aswell, and I am even mixing some character body parts so my character doesn' look exactly like the model I purchased. This character model I am using on the screenshot above, the body is from one character, the head is from another, and the back pack comes from another character also. I never liked to get a model as it is, without making any changes, I don't like to feel I am just copying and paste other people's work. I like to do some customizations on these models, even if it is just small as a re-texture.

About the face texture, yes, it is an excelent idea, to have some dirty on his face, like rambo

So again man, thanks for the extremely usefull feedback you gave me.

By the way, now I want to implement a basic enemy patrol A.I, I have some good kismet tutorials, however, do you know of some tutorial on Unreal Script to allow the enemy to patrol between 2 points, go back and forth, and if seen player the enemy go chase the player?

Thanks.
          Last edited by udkultimate; 09-24-2018, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Go and do a search on the archived forums for some ai scripts(before someone from Epic breaks the search button again ) I know I have seen many ai scripts there.Also, I suspect user 661gaz has a nice stash of these and will share with you if you ask.

I on the other hand for some primitive ai tend to use the crowd agents with kismet.

Comment

Hello guys.

Thanks to O_and_N comments I did realize that the original character texture almost had zero eyebrows, so because this I did fire up my Wacom Tablet and Photoshop , setup the brushes and drawed by myself the eyebrows and have made some dirty textures on his face, and the results, at least for me are excellent, far better than before.

Thanks bro for the constructive comments

Here is the texture in photoshop:

Here is a test render image in blender, however the results in game are exactly the same, because I am using inside Blender the same normal maps and specular maps I am using in UDK. I cant have real time shaders and normal maps showing in Blender because my GPU is a bit old, Nvidia Geforce GTS 360M 1GB (My Rig is ASUS ROG Nootebook G60JX Intel core i7 8GB Ram)

And here is inside UDK:

Last edited by udkultimate; 09-24-2018, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Wayyyyy better than before.In fact,if you place a blin shader on the eyes with a moderate tight specular it will give it more life as the eyes are dry right now(just be carefull not to make the specular too tight or they will look plastic). Also, if you will stick with dx9 than do a copy of only the face skin texture or just a rgb node that resembles the color of the face and plug it in to the Transmission Mask and you will get cheap fake skin shader.

And here https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.nh...w.google.es%2F
                You can get a nice pack of udk shaders(eyes even).I think most are dx11 based but some work on dx9 too.

And now for something that will make my day happy.How on earth did you get udk to use a dark skin ui??!

Comment

Originally posted by O_and_N View Post
                  Wayyyyy better than before.In fact,if you place a blin shader on the eyes with a moderate tight specular it will give it more life as the eyes are dry right now(just be carefull not to make the specular too tight or they will look plastic). Also, if you will stick with dx9 than do a copy of only the face skin texture or just a rgb node that resembles the color of the face and plug it in to the Transmission Mask and you will get cheap fake skin shader.

And here https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.nh...w.google.es%2F
                  You can get a nice pack of udk shaders(eyes even).I think most are dx11 based but some work on dx9 too.

And now for something that will make my day happy.How on earth did you get udk to use a dark skin ui??!

Yeah bro, because this for game development, user feedback is tooooooooo much important. You must always get opinion from others, not just what you think it is good. For sure, if you did not gave me this feedback on the eyebrows, I would not have paid attention to this, and in question of 10 minutes, I solved this. Thanks!!!!!!!

About the shader pack, WOW, I was from a long time searching for such pack with game ready shaders to get some cool visuals. I will try for sure, however I don't know if that's going to work for me, because I am using dx9, and my Custom UDK is based on May 2011, and this pack is for July 2012. However I can open this shader pack on a newest version of UDK, then just recreate these shaders on my custom UDK. These shaders pack will be extremely usefull for my environments, the maps for my game.

About the dark UI, it is not UDK, it is windows. I am using this wonderfull custom windows 7 classic theme (I hate windows aero glass theme):

https://www.deviantart.com/slybug/ar...heme-361735679

Believe me, using classic theme for windows 7 can improve performance, I am using this theme for almost 2 years and I did note a increase in performance, especially whenever I have many windows opened, many softwares at the same time, switching from one application window to another is faster in windows classic theme.

Cheers!

Comment

I think udk 2011 till 2013-05 have a memory leak.Maybe install 2013-07(solid for me) or up and just copy/paste your game files in to it.It will automatically work with no problems and you wont have to bother with copy/paste/recreate the shaders.
                    Thank you for the info.Too bad is only win7 but at least it got me fired up to go and search for some dark themes and see if I can get the effect.I have dreamed for a udk dark ui since 2 years.

Edit:

Looking at your link I managed to find what I was looking for.Now udk is as dark as ue4/maya .
                    Last edited by O_and_N; 09-25-2018, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X