Penetrators

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by O_and_N View Post
    I tried using udk with a ps4 controler but it doesnt work.I supose a ps3 and x360 is the max.I supose there shoud be a way to make it work as the dualshock 3 and 4 are so similar.
    I used the below link method to connect the UDK to 'DualShock 3'.

https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInp...DS2-Controller

I am using 'DualShock 3' on Windows 7 and Windows 10 in the way of the above link.
    ( First of all, Xbox 360 controller driver must be installed in Windows 7 before installation by the above link method.
    Windows 10 does not require the Xbox 360 controller driver to be installed because the Xbox 360 controller driver is built-in by default. )

And I guess the UDK can recognize 'DualShock 4' by the below link method.

https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XInput-Wrapper

I do not have 'DualShock 4'. So I can not be sure of the above link method.
    However, since both methods access Playstation controller using 'XInput Wrapper' I think the possibility of recognizing 'DualShock 4' by the above link method is high.

I hope you succeed. Good luck to you.
    Last edited by Keehoon Ahn; 07-04-2018, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Hey Keehoon Ahn I don't know if anyone has suggested this or if it's something you've been working on. I've noticed that your user interface is very cluttered and it takes up a lot of the screen.

I think if you're making a mobile game you could make it look a lot better by getting rid of most of the UI and training the player to interact with the game without all the UI elements. Maybe a detailed tutorial or training missions could get the player to use gestures to control the game. Or maybe you could move and shrink the UI elements or combine them somehow. I'm not sure how exactly you could change the UI and still keep the game playable, but I think it would look a lot better with a simplified UI.
      Check out Himeko Sutori, the upcoming tactical RPG where you control armies of over 100 unique characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel3W View Post
        Hey Keehoon Ahn I don't know if anyone has suggested this or if it's something you've been working on. I've noticed that your user interface is very cluttered and it takes up a lot of the screen.

I think if you're making a mobile game you could make it look a lot better by getting rid of most of the UI and training the player to interact with the game without all the UI elements. Maybe a detailed tutorial or training missions could get the player to use gestures to control the game. Or maybe you could move and shrink the UI elements or combine them somehow. I'm not sure how exactly you could change the UI and still keep the game playable, but I think it would look a lot better with a simplified UI.

Hello Nathaniel3W. ^^
        You looked carefully at the screen UI of my game. Your observing power is great.

My game's current UI is still composed of UI for mobile touch interface.
        Therefore, My game's current UI is not suitable for a PC game. For a PC game, I think that the UI of my current game should be simplified. I agree with your opinion.

There are a lot of things that need to be done to fix the UI for a PC game.
        So after the work to improve the motions is finished, I will modify my game UI for a PC game.

But I think My game's current UI is very good for a mobile game.
        If you've played "Dark Souls" or "Demon's Souls", I am sure you will know that it is impossible to simplify than the current UI in MOBILE TOUCH INTERFACE.
        (And I already created a tutorial stage for my game's mobile UI.)

So I'm going to make my game have both a UI for a PC game and a UI for a mobile game.
        And I will modify my game so that it can analyze the environment of system and select the appropriate UI automatically.

I have more things to do for my game. @_@;;;;;
        Our life is a path of suffering.
        There is no easy thing in our life. Hahahahaha ^^;;;;;

Comment

Working...
        X