No announcement yet.

UDK Ultimate Engine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can still use Scaleform with UE3. "Only Scaleform and PhysX" are included with the UE3 license, is what Joe meant. If you need Simplygon, maybe you should look into licensing it separately.

If you want to get the UE3 license, your company has to buy it. Epic will not sell a UE3 license to individuals. Fixing that problem could be as simple as registering an LLC. I was able to register an LLC entirely online, and it only took me a couple of hours. So if you already have decided that you want the UE3 license, you can make it work. If you're not going to target consoles, Simplygon is the only unknown variable here.

Then again, a lot of games are using UE4 now. Every year there will be a higher percentage of Steam users with DX11 video cards. Maybe it's just time for the other Steam customers to upgrade if they want to play newer games and you should set your minimum specs higher.
    Check out Himeko Sutori, the upcoming tactical RPG where you control armies of over 100 unique characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel3W View Post
      You can still use Scaleform with UE3. "Only Scaleform and PhysX" are included with the UE3 license, is what Joe meant. If you need Simplygon, maybe you should look into licensing it separately.

If you want to get the UE3 license, your company has to buy it. Epic will not sell a UE3 license to individuals. Fixing that problem could be as simple as registering an LLC. I was able to register an LLC entirely online, and it only took me a couple of hours. So if you already have decided that you want the UE3 license, you can make it work. If you're not going to target consoles, Simplygon is the only unknown variable here.

Then again, a lot of games are using UE4 now. Every year there will be a higher percentage of Steam users with DX11 video cards. Maybe it's just time for the other Steam customers to upgrade if they want to play newer games and you should set your minimum specs higher.

Nathaniew,if you register as a company before the game is finished,does that mean you have to pay things like tax,etc to the country you live in,even if you are still not making profit?In my case i was thinking in registering a few days before or even after uploading the finished product to steam.

From pure curiosity,if simpligone is not in the ue3,does that mean i cant make lods for skeletal meshes-like crowd agents (or did they left that option in the skeletal mesh viewer?)
      By the way,does the latest version of ue3 you have, supports dx12 like the remake of gears of war epic released with ue3 or is it something only they have?

Cheers

Comment

you can still import LODs, you just have to make them yourself
        Help me back! follow me on Twitter

Developer of Elium - Prison Escape

Comment

As for the taxes, that really depends on the laws wherever you are. I have to pay $50/year to keep my LLC registered in Virginia and that's all. I recently talked to a game developer on Reddit who had to pay $800 in taxes on $0 income in California. Outside the US, I have no idea what the range could be like.

And I'm pretty sure my UE3 can't do anything with DX12. I actually haven't heard of anyone upgrading UE3 to work with DX12, and actually I think that kind of sounds like a waste of time. I mean, at that point you really should just use UE4.
          Check out Himeko Sutori, the upcoming tactical RPG where you control armies of over 100 unique characters.

Comment

Originally posted by O_and_N View Post
            if you register as a company before the game is finished,does that mean you have to pay things like tax,etc to the country you live in,even if you are still not making profit?In my case i was thinking in registering a few days before or even after uploading the finished product to steam.
            Good luck with the launch dude!!! Try to chat with Burnz or Coldscooter before if possible...
            You see a lot of advice on the forums about incorporating early especially regarding Steam.
            But its a really complex issue if you're not US based, and may even be if you are (Cali case).
            Plus you might just make a little but still fall foul of Fatca / OECD-crs rules without realizing.

Comment

What about ps4 any possibility over getting it to reach it = ?
              Some cool unreal projects you may like!

Developer of GOTA - Survivalism Gladiatorial game Buy the game Buy it have fun

Download the demo Download the demo
              external link Dropbox DropBox

Become a c++ Professional now C++ Networking Tutorial

Comment

SO can you still make games and sell them with UDK im confused, if that is a no , can you with this other engine you seem to have released. ?
                Some cool unreal projects you may like!

Developer of GOTA - Survivalism Gladiatorial game Buy the game Buy it have fun

Download the demo Download the demo
                external link Dropbox DropBox

Become a c++ Professional now C++ Networking Tutorial

Comment

Comment

Comment

Great Trailer
                      https://twitter.com/endlesszthegame

Comment

lol, nice man! You way upped the bar for the pros
                        @Snipe34 Please try to stay focused. TKBS

Comment